Apollonaris

My Response to Norse Sword on Gay Marriage, Part II

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Quote Originally Posted by Norse Sword View Post
In fact, the POLL here is actually the porpotional truth of the matter, only about 25 % of people accept homosexuals, period.

Are you stating that the POLL here is not accurate? I would consider the members of this forum to be well educated and impartial, YET THEY OVERWHELMINGLY REJECT GAY MARRIAGE!

GOT THAT?

But don't go to a GAY BAR to take a poll either.
The poll you are referring to is not a scientific survey of public opinion, and as such cannot be generalized to the population as a whole. You're being very silly.

A report by the Public Religion Research Institute (titled Generations at Odds: The Millennial Generation and the Future of Gay and Lesbian Rights) finds that, among the religious segment of the population, the younger generation is far more supportive of lesbian and gay equality than the older generation. The following chart illustrates the reports findings by focusing on four issues: civil unions, marriage equality, adoption rights, and job discrimination protections:

The following chart, again from the same Public Religion Research Institute report cited above, displaying patterns in support for legal equality in marriage rights for heterosexual and homosexual couples.

The percentage of Americans who support marriage equality regardless of sexual orientation has been growing steadily for years. According to Gallop, Americans' support for the moral acceptability of gay and lesbian relationships crossed the 50% threshold in 2010, while at the same time those who called these relationships "morally unacceptable" dropped to 43%.

If you have a a scientific poll that you would like us to see, then please provide a link.

Submit "My Response to Norse Sword on Gay Marriage, Part II" to Digg Submit "My Response to Norse Sword on Gay Marriage, Part II" to del.icio.us Submit "My Response to Norse Sword on Gay Marriage, Part II" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Response to Norse Sword on Gay Marriage, Part II" to Google

Comments