Politics
    Das Herz am rechten Fleck
    Religion
    Hoffnung
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

In Germany there's the word Muselmannen. The word Musels is used in a derogatory way. Hence I use Musels most often.

Muslims, Mohammedans, Musels...all different names for same plague in our countries.

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Using religion to fight another religion is useless and counter productive. I could dig up several texts from the Bible that has similar passages that extremists within Christianity use to justify their own acts of terror both past and present. I know that's not really the topic of discussion, but I just thought I'd throw that in, in response to Tonsor's post.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
    Using religion to fight another religion is useless and counter productive. I could dig up several texts from the Bible that has similar passages that extremists within Christianity use to justify their own acts of terror both past and present. I know that's not really the topic of discussion, but I just thought I'd throw that in, in response to Tonsor's post.
    - Well, the difference is that Christianity has been modernized and moderated to an extent which makes it incomparable, whereas this is not the case for Islam generally speaking. The few Christian extremists are not composing a threat neither in numbers nor action than in comparison to Islamist fundamentalists. Can you provide sources proving Christians organize riots because their religion has been ridiculed in modern times? Ridicule of Christianity happens all the time, and few bother about it. Whereas Muslims gather by thousands and take to the streets and riot when someone across the globe made a drawing of their Prophet.

Last Online
    03-22-2012 @ 03:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German / English
    Ancestry
    Mother's family is all German. Father's family is English since 1066; before that Norman
    Region
    Kansas
    Politics
    Nietzsche
    Religion
    Æsir
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Why lower ourselves to the level of barbarians? This has always been a pet peeve of mine. When people in our circles continually drop racial/ethnic/religious slurs it reflects negatively on the whole and drags down the tone of the general argument into the gutter. Does the use of pejorative terminology make some people feel better about themselves? Sure. Is it in any way beneficial towards furthering any kind of real world change? No.

Heathens are well known for doing this kind of crap too, calling Christians all kinds of silly names. Sometimes it's funny, but it just makes us look like adolescent bitches. This benefits our cause in no way.
    You have a great point and I agree for the most part. I cringe when I hear the N-word because there's just no point in even using it. But I'm not talking race, I'm talking religion. I think it's different. It just seems to me that while the N-word or anything racially motivated is unnecessary, but I don't much hesitate to ridicule the religiousness of others, especially those so intense about their religion like the Muhammadans. You can change your religion; not your race.

Does this make sense? What do you think? See, I have liberal crybabies getting all pissy at me, but their opinions mean nought to me. I need some decent viewpoints.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German / English
    Ancestry
    Mother's family is all German. Father's family is English since 1066; before that Norman
    Region
    Kansas
    Politics
    Nietzsche
    Religion
    Æsir
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Why lower ourselves to the level of barbarians? This has always been a pet peeve of mine. When people in our circles continually drop racial/ethnic/religious slurs it reflects negatively on the whole and drags down the tone of the general argument into the gutter. Does the use of pejorative terminology make some people feel better about themselves? Sure. Is it in any way beneficial towards furthering any kind of real world change? No.

Heathens are well known for doing this kind of crap too, calling Christians all kinds of silly names. Sometimes it's funny, but it just makes us look like adolescent bitches. This benefits our cause in no way.
    You have a great point and I agree for the most part. I cringe when I hear the N-word because there's just no point in even using it. But I'm not talking race, I'm talking religion. I think it's different. It just seems to me that while the N-word or anything racially motivated is unnecessary, but I don't much hesitate to ridicule the religiousness of others, especially those so intense about their religion like the Muhammadans. You can change your religion; not your race.

I can see where it has no benefit, but I just feel like I'm giving Muhammadans more prestige by allowing them to be called the submitters to god, when in reality anyone can claim this. I'm a submitter to Odin. Am I now a Muslim?

Does this make sense? What do you think? See, I have liberal crybabies getting all pissy at me, but their opinions mean nought to me. I need some decent viewpoints.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German / English
    Ancestry
    Region
    Kansas
    Politics
    Nietzsche
    Religion
    Æsir
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The edit feature isn't working so I had to re-post my last post with the updated form. Please delete the first of the two.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German / English
    Ancestry
    Region
    Kansas
    Politics
    Nietzsche
    Religion
    Æsir
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
    Depends on what level. It was very useful for Charlemagne. Nowadays I'd prefer to use logic and reason to combat religion, but for those who can't grasp those concepts, I find nothing wrong with giving them a more moderate religion to hold on to.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!