PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Would you live in Austria if you could? - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Would you live in Austria if you could?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,984
    Given: 11,731

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie999 View Post
    I visited Vienna and I liked it, though I didn't have the chance to meet many locals. I would live there for 1 year if for example me or my bf had to travel for work and had a good income.
    Haha, typical of foreigner, flocking together with other foreigners and never meeting locals. Locals also have their doors very shut. I'm neither here in Belgium to befriend foreigners who are excited of being here in boring Belgium. Their enthusiasm of this grey country alienates me.

I'm friendly to foreigners, don't get me wrong. However, it's true, foreigners look at a country through a different scope because everything feels new to them.

Last Online
    11-24-2018 @ 08:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Ancestry
    Süddeutschland, Banat
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Saxony
    Taxonomy
    nordid
    Politics
    Against the modern World!
    Religion
    LHP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 2,752

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melki View Post
    But what I experienced in Vienna was sometimes beyond imagination.
    -A few days after my arrival, I asked a girl for directions and she ran away from me, asking me to leave her alone, it was in the middle of the afternoon, not even dark!
    -Controllers in the subway brutalized me because I didn't buy any ticket.
    -One day, the owner of a sausage joint refused to serve me for no reason.
    Because of that, I sometimes reacted agressively, telling these people that I didn't come from France to be treated like shit.
    Think that I have blue-green eyes and dark blonde hair. What would have happened if I were black?

EVROPA

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2017 @ 11:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mr. Cogito
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lublin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,617
    Given: 2,771

0 Not allowed!

Never actually thought about Austria, but if I had to choose some place to live there it would be either a village or a small town.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Sexy...too much sexy
    Country
    Micronesia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,071
    Given: 847

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Haha, typical of foreigner, flocking together with other foreigners and never meeting locals. Locals also have their doors very shut. I'm neither here in Belgium to befriend foreigners who are excited of being here in boring Belgium. Their enthusiasm of this grey country alienates me.

I'm friendly to foreigners, don't get me wrong. However, it's true, foreigners look at a country through a different scope because everything feels new to them.
    When I was in Brugge and Brussels I expected to find you to invite me to some waffle and mulled wine.
    I don't think Belgium is boring, just Belgians are boring (joke )

Ülev

0 Not allowed!

no, bad weather

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    When I was in Brugge and Brussels I expected to find you to invite me to some waffle and mulled wine.
    Belgium is as dull as Belgians are cool. That's the Belgian paradox.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,933
    Given: 4,823

0 Not allowed!

Austria is a shit hole one of the most brain dead people in Europe. They come across as always on anxiety and unable to hold a conversation. Its a good thing gyspys and niggers are fucking them.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Andid999
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2024 @ 08:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Uruguayan
    Ancestry
    56% North Italy, 12% Spain, 12% Basque, 12% Lebanon, 6% France, 1% Native American
    Country
    Uruguay
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Taxonomy
    Alpine med
    Politics
    Centre-left
    Religion
    Agnostic - culturally Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,091
    Given: 6,422

1 Not allowed!

Indeed that's pretty much the experience for travelers visiting new countries, you stay at a hostel and meet other travelers. However in Vienna I stayed with locals, hung out with them and met their friends (they were all the artistic type very chill) and some visited me in Uruguay later. What I meant is that I only stayed 4 days in Vienna so I had no time to see how things work locally and how people interact with each other in every day life (imo you need at least 1 month to realize how it is to live in one city).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,984
    Given: 11,731

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    I got reminded of this Irish dude.

"Dutch people are friendly, but very hard to befriend. In other countries like Spain, Italy, Brazil I make friends easier."

-"Nederland is dus misschien een beetje een afstandelijk volk."
    "Ja." *laughs*

https://youtu.be/pufSm8fi76c?t=4m31s

We are also just that, but above that also introverted unlike the extroverted Dutchman.

Interestingly. This Irish man's accent when speaking is terrible and he struggled conversing at first, until the interview progressed then he loosened up his tongue and his language became more conversational. He did make some cuts in the video, though. Perhaps that how Melki seemed in Austria? His German was exhaustively rusty to Austrians they might have thought 'goodbye, no time for your broken German'. That's a frustrating paradox. In order to improve you need immersion and use the language actively, but it's certainly an upstream battle and certainly feel very unrewarding.

I also feel like that in France, though. I also remember a Brit wishing they had a similar attitude of ridiculing the broken English of foreigners like the French had and that Anglos are far too tolerant here.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 10:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt & fag
    Ethnicity
    French (Normandy, Alsace), German (Saxony, Lower Silesia), Spanish Basque (Biskaya)
    Ancestry
    Some cheeky monkeys with opposable first digit
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Occitania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L20
    Taxonomy
    Probably subnordid
    Politics
    Libtardism, European federalism, anti-nationalism
    Religion
    never complain, never explain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,268
    Given: 1,561

1 Not allowed!

I got reminded of this Irish dude.

"Dutch people are friendly, but very hard to befriend. In other countries like Spain, Italy, Brazil I make friends easier."

-"Nederland is dus misschien een beetje een afstandelijk volk."
    "Ja." *laughs*

https://youtu.be/pufSm8fi76c?t=4m31s

We are also just that, but above that also introverted unlike the extroverted Dutchman.

Interestingly. This Irish man's accent when speaking is terrible and he struggled conversing at first, until the interview progressed then he loosened up his tongue and his language became more conversational. He did make some cuts in the video, though. Perhaps that how Melki seemed in Austria? His German was exhaustively rusty to Austrians they might have thought 'goodbye, no time for your broken German'. That's a frustrating paradox. In order to improve you need immersion and use the language actively, but it's certainly an upstream battle and certainly feel very unrewarding.

I also feel like that in France, though. I also remember a Brit wishing they had a similar attitude of ridiculing the broken English of foreigners like the French had and that Anglos are far too tolerant here.
    Haha, noooo, I could already speak German when I first came to Austria, but my knowledge was too basic, in spite of my German surname. I hadn't that problem in a country like Norway, and yet, my accent was awful. Austrians are by nature more conservative and xenophobic than Norwegians or Dutch.

With that being said, I only talked about the emerged part of the iceberg: like for all peoples in the world, most of the Austrians were nice and friendly with me. And French people are usually respected. Xenophobia is directed at Turks and Central/Eastern Europeans (with the notable exception of Hungarians, quite appreciated due to historical reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Austria is a shit hole one of the most brain dead people in Europe. They come across as always on anxiety and unable to hold a conversation. Its a good thing gyspys and niggers are fucking them.
    You must be an entertaining guy in real life. You seem to dislike the three quarters of the world. Why do you always overgeneralize? And why the Hell so much hatred?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information