J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

0 Not allowed!

Default What Trump tax report could mean for his campaign

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton's campaign Saturday night seized on a New York Times report about Donald Trump's 1995 tax records, in which the Times showed he declared a $916 million loss that could have allowed him to legally skip paying federal income taxes for years.

The revelations threatened to put the controversy over Trump's refusal to follow recent precedent and release his tax returns at the center of the presidential campaign less than 40 days before the election, after a week in which the Republican nominee has struggled to bounce back from a debate in which most analysts and scientifically conducted polls scored Clinton as the winner.
    His campaign vehemently pushed back on the Clinton campaign's effort to turn the report into an "October surprise" moment, saying Trump has a "fiduciary responsibility" as a businessman to pay no more tax than legally required. It also charged that the report proved that the Times and the "establishment media" are merely an arm of the Clinton campaign.

The report contains some of the most detail of Trump's financial empire that has been publicly reported. It was immediately picked up by Clinton's campaign, which has sought to make Trump's refusal to release his tax returns a major issue of the campaign.
    Calling it a "bombshell report," the Clinton campaign said the Times' article "reveals the colossal nature of Donald Trump's past business failures and just how long he may have avoided paying any federal income taxes whatsoever

The Times' report shows Trump that year declared a $916 million loss and lists tax benefits he used after a turbulent financial period for him in the early 1990s. The paper, citing tax experts, said Trump could have used his loss to cancel out an equivalent amount of taxable income for nearly two decades.
    The paper says it obtained the three pages of documents when they were mailed to a reporter last month. A postmark indicated the documents were mailed from New York City, and the return address claimed the envelope had been sent from Trump Tower.
    The paper did not look at his federal return. It obtained one page of his New York State resident income tax return as well as the first page of New Jersey and Connecticut nonresident returns.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/01/politi...ton/index.html

An imam of wealth and taste Poise n Pen's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-07-2016 @ 06:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    America
    Ancestry
    Various barbarians
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    American
    Politics
    Apocalypse
    Religion
    The Bomb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,399
    Given: 3,254

0 Not allowed!

I would think becoming worth hundreds of millions AS A POLITICIAN would be a more worrying sign of lack of ethics.
    If it weren't for us you'd be speaking German. Instead, you'll be speaking Arabic.
    http://simplicitymultiplied.blogspot.com/

Last Online
    08-11-2022 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White-American
    Ancestry
    Bell Beaker + Corded Ware
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 780
    Given: 275

0 Not allowed!

WOW I can't believe this, I'm completely stunned, shocked, offended, I can't believe Trump would do something like this, my vagina is bleeding all over the place! Trump's campaign is officially OVER!

looks like I'm voting for Hillary Clinton.

Thread Information