European white
    Religion
    baptized Catholic as an infant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Gosh, Austin, that is scary. Methnks it's time for middle-class America to change their attitudes. That is BAD parenting. You raise your child to be independent and responsible. That's if you love them enough. Love is not about giving children what they want; allowing them to do what they want. Loving your children means disciplining them, giving them what they need, not want, and encouraging them to find their own way.
    It isn't a fair comparison at all. All our parents lived in times of massive middle class growth both economically and numerically in terms of people. Their children do not live in such times. When our parents look out the window they see (or convince themselves) that they see the world they grew up in. Whereas when we look out the window and go into that world for jobs we see the world they once existed in having largely disappeared. The success stories we grew up on no longer can come to fruition as the world in which those stories came true no longer exists and hasn't for some time. God forbid you try and tell that to the 40+ crowd who have cushy 75-100K+benefits jobs who are set for life from the old days. That world is gone both economically and population wise and telling the younger generation about such days of bounty is unfair and dishonest in respect to what they will be going into and dealing with.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Out of my friends I tried to think and none but three live on their own and they don't even pay for their living costs their parents do.
    About the same here, I'm one of the very few people I know born after the mid 70s who lives on my own without parental support amongst the people I know, aside from some people in the military.

Perhaps the expectations of the youth in the US is too high? If the immigrants are prepared to work longer hours for less pay, then obviously they will get the jobs.
    Also, the immigrants are connected to networks which will find them cash under the table (off the record) jobs which will allow them to earn money without paying taxes, and qualify for welfare in addition to that. Also, immigrants are willing to keep expenses down by living 10-20 people in a single family home, and also to have children while living in such conditions (which qualifies them for much more government programs).

If there are no jobs, why not start your own business?
    With what money? There's lots of programs to help minorities & immigrants with starting businesses, but unless you have family money to help you, the average white person can forget about it. Also the current economic and regulatory climate is not conducive to starting businesses in general.

Lots of people start with very little, and build up.
    They did in the past, in different economic conditions.

Also, don't forget that the 'economic crisis' was caused by programs to boost the value of housing (owned by baby boomers through WWII generation) to fund their retirements, with the 'side effect' of making housing prohibitively expensive to anyone of moderate income trying to purchase a house on their own without some sort of governmental assistance.

Last Online
    09-23-2013 @ 06:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland
    Country
    South Africa
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It isn't a fair comparison at all. All our parents lived in times of massive middle class growth both economically and numerically in terms of people. Their children do not live in such times. When our parents look out the window they see (or convince themselves) that they see the world they grew up in. Whereas when we look out the window and go into that world for jobs we see the world they once existed in having largely disappeared. The success stories we grew up on no longer can come to fruition as the world in which those stories came true no longer exists and hasn't for some time. God forbid you try and tell that to the 40+ crowd who have cushy 75-100K+benefits jobs who are set for life from the old days. That world is gone both economically and population wise and telling the younger generation about such days of bounty is unfair and dishonest in respect to what they will be going into and dealing with.
    This is just my point, Austin. Change is inevitable, and the way you adapt to situations is largely due to how you were raised and taught. Those 40+ year olds have done the youth a great dis-service, IMO.

I just hope that you youngsters, the future, will rise up and face the challenges, and prove yourselves. Good luck.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland
    Country
    South Africa
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordoftheVistula View Post
    About the same here, I'm one of the very few people I know born after the mid 70s who lives on my own without parental support amongst the people I know, aside from some people in the military.

Also, the immigrants are connected to networks which will find them cash under the table (off the record) jobs which will allow them to earn money without paying taxes, and qualify for welfare in addition to that. Also, immigrants are willing to keep expenses down by living 10-20 people in a single family home, and also to have children while living in such conditions (which qualifies them for much more government programs).

With what money? There's lots of programs to help minorities & immigrants with starting businesses, but unless you have family money to help you, the average white person can forget about it. Also the current economic and regulatory climate is not conducive to starting businesses in general.

They did in the past, in different economic conditions.

Also, don't forget that the 'economic crisis' was caused by programs to boost the value of housing (owned by baby boomers through WWII generation) to fund their retirements, with the 'side effect' of making housing prohibitively expensive to anyone of moderate income trying to purchase a house on their own without some sort of governmental assistance.

Thanks for this, SotV. It's good for me to find out what is happening in other parts of the world. Your points are all valid, except, IMO, for this:

[QUOTE] Also the current economic and regulatory climate is not conducive to starting businesses in general. [QUOTE/]

The best time to start a business is when things are tough. When others are throwing in the towel, and bemoaning their fate, that's when you jump in feet first, even on a tiny scale. Use what you have.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In all honesty I'd rather see the system collapse entirely. I don't see me or most my generation gaining anything out of this current economic reality which is basically a bunch of people 45 and older holding up a dying middle class that isn't being renewed. I'd rather it all go straight to hell and with the roll of the dice maybe whatever came after it me and those like me would be better off in.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland
    Country
    South Africa
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's up to you and your peers then, Austin. It seems that it's already gone skywards. In a way, it's exciting times for you guys. You can be pioneers in a sense. Economic pioneers. Just remember the basics. Pass on wisdom to your children; don't throw wealth at them.

Veteran Member Lulletje Rozewater's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-24-2011 @ 10:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/French
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Holland/France/Germany
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Prussia
    Politics
    to preserve whiteness
    Religion
    none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

Gosh, Austin, that is scary. Methnks it's time for middle-class America to change their attitudes. That is BAD parenting. You raise your child to be independent and responsible. That's if you love them enough. Love is not about giving children what they want; allowing them to do what they want. Loving your children means disciplining them, giving them what they need, not want, and encouraging them to find their own way.
    Love = spanking your kids to keep them in line for the future, and screw the law

I admire those who fight for a cause and despise those who cause fights.

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish, English, Ulster Scots, Welsh
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Robert E. Lee, St. Nicholas
    Religion
    Christian Identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,567
    Given: 2,126

0 Not allowed!

1) Americans should not have to compete with illegal aliens for jobs. They are criminals and invaders; therefore, they should be arrested, put into (humane) prison camps, and sent home as soon as possible. If this were done, the construction jobs and low-end clerical jobs that would open up could be something of a social safety net for unemployed Americans. As things are, there are many jobless people who can't even find a space in a homeless shelter, and so they end up living in tent cities.

2) Sometimes, a member of the ruling class will say something to the effect that illegals will do jobs that Americans won't. The not-so-veiled implication is that Americans are lazy; we won't take a job unless it pays at least $100K, and all we have to do is sit on the front porch and drink mint juleps all day.

I'm not one of those people. If I were 30-35 years younger and in good enough shape, I'd a take a construction job where I routinely had to lift weights of 50 lbs. or even more. As it is, I would immediately take one of the low-end clerical jobs I mentioned above. They don't pay much above a survival wage, but many homeless people would be happy to have it.
    Why the Holocaust™ is a Fable.__________Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

I retain copyright to all original content I post on The Apricity. Notice posted on June 13, 2020.
    "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen!" Martin Luther (1483-1547)

Banned
    Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

People just don't understand who have a cushioned 9-5 air-conditioned office job what it is like being in the entry-level workforce today.

If you have a graduate degree and walk into a 10$ an hour place they will interview you as if you are crazy and delusional. Why hire a person with a graduate degree when they can hire one of the 20+ applicants who has no degree and little expectations or desires?

Minorities, individuals who messed up their lives completely, dropouts, all those people are more appealing to a societal joke job because none of those people have any real future expectations hence the company can work them like a dog every week and treat them as such and they will still have a smile on their face at the end of the day. A degree HURTS you in many respects when you are applying for low end jobs. There are masses of uneducated people who want that job and will slave for it. You officially will never be able to compete with those people in the eyes of a company who has slaving short-term efficiency in its sights.

It is a fallacy that middle-upper class offspring can somehow "merge" or temporarily exist among the lower class. It cannot happen on a realistic level. All that go out and make a company stuff is nonsense nobody has any money for that and banks aren't making loans unless you have years of positive revenue/income streams.

The year I graduated college I needed a new job and the first place I went into for an interview was an entry level pharmacy job that paid like 8-10 an hour. The guy at the end of the interview was like "uh well yeah I just interviewed twelve people today and your the only one with a degree..... I can try and refer you to blah blah blah in our corporate office they might have something for you" and that was the end of that interview. Didn't get it. It dawned on me much later that what the guy was really saying when he said that was "you are nuts you have a degree this job isn't for you but here is some token corporate whatever blah blah blah's name" That is the reality. You can't compete for lower end jobs with a degree you are too much baggage to the employer they want someone from the lower class who has no interests.
    Last edited by Austin; 09-22-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

My Dad's definitely gunna have nowt left for me.

All down to things like these;

Once I realised it finally, it was actually an immense relief; no need to suck up to him any more. The old goat is now in a position to benefit from knowing exactly what I think of him.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information