Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 812
    Given: 1,341

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold-Shekel View Post
    So one percent of the people, hell one single guy's testimony, is representative of the whole population... Your logic is amazing.
    when an albanian sounds more reasonable than you, is the time you gotta start re-evaluating your inner self.

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,994
    Given: 21,752

0 Not allowed!

Executive and judicial authorities of Bosnia and Herzegovina have at their disposal information on rapes of 850 Serb women during the war from 1992, to 1995. Institutions estimate that the number is much higher and that around 2100 Serb women were raped, most of whom did not report the rapes—some of them out of shame and fear, some due to psychological disorders, some were killed. Most of them were raped in the areas of Posavina2, Herzegovina and Sarajevo.

Part of the testimony in the case of a nurse from Tešanj who was raped and burned in 1992, in the camp on the city stadium in Brod were already available to the public. Members of Croatian Defence Council (HVO)3 arrested her on her return home from Germany, where she had worked for thirty years. She had, as other female prisoners of the camp testified, some numbers sewn onto her lapel. They thought she was a spy, so she received a special treatment in the camp.
    “She was not just raped. They pulled all her hair out, so she was left hairless. They put her naked on top of a heated burner of an electric stove. She was all burned up. They literally burned her behind, elbows and knees. She was lying, unable to move. Burned parts of her body began to stink—living meat began to rot on her... before killing her, they raped her so disfigured... On a candescent burner of the electric stove she was burned by Jurković, nicknamed ‘Mangaš’ from Bosanski Brod, Ustaša4 nicknamed ‘Bekan’ and ‘Čičak’, both from Sijekovac,” reads a horrifying testimony of one Serb woman from Brod, who was also raped daily in the camp and on the front line, and who was raped by ten members of HVO in one night.

“I don’t know that there was a single woman spared the abuse. First they’d take us one by one, allegedly to questioning. I was brought into a room where a few of them charged right at me. They slapped me, cursed my Chetnik mother and threatened me with slaughter. I was petrified. Then they grabbed me and threw me on the floor. I was defending myself and crying. I was begging them to let me go. It was in vain...
    “... We knew each other so we confided in each other. Pero Vincetić, whom they called Pera the Horse, was the rapist. He was in charge of the camp, a very brutal and ruthless man. Rapes were an everyday occurrence. Those are not people, but animals,” testified a victim from Posavina, adding that one of the victims of the tortures went insane, so much so, in fact, that during the prisoner exchange she was yelling: “Don’t come in anymore, please, why are you torturing me,” and that “the poor woman had no idea she was being freed.”
    Serb woman from the village Bradina in Herzegovina was first held captive for a short time in a school in the village center in May, 1992, after which they burned her house and exiled her along with other villagers. She went to Konjic to her Muslim girl friend. There, she was insulted by Muslims on the streets, kids threw stones at her and then, one night in June or July, 1992, next to a gas station in Konjic, as she testified, two Muslim soldiers captured her.
    “When they approached me, the two grabbed my hands and took me to a room I just described, which is why I’m assuming the Muslims used the room for something, too. There was no one in the room, but there was a bed. When they brought me in, they took my clothes off, so that I was completely naked, and then I had to lie on the bed. The first one I described partially took his pants of, then lied on top of me, between my legs, and did a complete sexual intercourse with me. He did not kiss me, but he grabbed different parts of my body and my breasts and he was saying something, but I don’t remember it now. When he finished, he got up, and then the other one raped me the same way,” told a Serb woman from Bradina who was, a few days later, grabbed by two Muslims on the street and taken to the “Silos” in Tarčin, where from she was returned to Bradina five days later.

“The camp commander, whom they called ‘Chief,’ and his real name I don’t know, asked me if I wanted to sign a statement that the Serbs raped me. If I agreed—he said he’ll let me have an abortion. If I refuse—the baby stays. I did not agree, even though he was persuading me for a long time. One girl, I forgot her name, agreed to it in the room, in front of us. The Muslims took her, according to their story, to a gynecological clinic ‘Jezero,’ but she never came back to us. From ... we found out that the girl was murdered, as her name was on a list of murdered Serbs which the Muslims offered for exchange, which she saw in Chief’s office,” told one of the prisoners of the camp “Viktor Bubanj,” who managed to escape from the camp in December, 1992, with the help of one woman, after which her brother paid a thousand Deutsch-marks to a Croat so he would let her into the Serb territory in Neđarići, where from she was transfered to Ilidža and then to Pale.
    “From Pale, I came to Belgrade, where on January 1, 1993, I went to the doctors at the Gynecological-Obstetrician Clinic, where I’m supposed to have an abortion these days, because I don’t want to give birth to a Muslim, who will remind me my entire life of the horrors I went through and whom I’ll hate for it,” a Serb woman from Sarajevo, who was raped and tortured in the former JNA barracks, told on February, 1993, the Belgrade investigators.
    Another Serb woman from Sarajevo who ended up at the Gynecological-Obstetrician Clinic in Belgrade to have an abortion, testified of torture and rapes of Sarajevo Serb women. She said that the home intrusions began around Christmas 1992,7 that her husband was taken away in the autumn of 1992 (she soon heard he was killed), that she was left alone in the apartment into which they kept coming, insulting her and taking anything they wanted. During one of their visits in the spring of 1993, the Muslims took all eight Serb women from the building and put them in the basement. She was the youngest in the group, and among prisoners, she testified, there were women older than sixty. The first month they washed laundry for the Muslim soldiers, were insulted and beaten. Later on, the rapes began—all eight of them, every day, at any time, day and night.

https://np.reddit.com/r/europe/comme...21995_iv_serb/
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Women were raped—with very little exception and following the same matrix. The deciding factor was the soldier’s (im)patience, which meant that some endured their first abuse in their marriage beds, while others suffered the first sessions of molestation by upwards of ten soldiers in camps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...1995_v_crimes/

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

women refugees carrying the remnants of their belongings in plastic bags; women dragging frightened and exhausted children; weeping women, angry women, women impregnated by rape, traumatized women. Whatever happens, women are depicted as bodies. The few women in combat units, or even one participating at the decision making level, make no difference. Amid all the vicious circles of violence in these wars, this remains constant: Women are bodies in pain, regardless of which ethnic group is at some point recognized as aggressor and which as victim. Croatian women, Bosnian women, Muslim women, Serbian women, Albanian women … and this is not only in the wars of the former Yugoslavia.

Wars are gendered activities, right from the beginning. Jacklyn Cock states that war both “uses and maintains the ideological construction of gender in the definitions of ‘masculinity’ and ‘femininity’.”1 Men, she stresses, go to war to protect and defend national values, territories, and borders, and to protect and defend “their” women and children. Women are cast in the role of “the protected” and “the defended,” or, in the words of another woman from another part of the world, the German filmmaker Helke Sander, women are “the liberated” and men are “the liberators.”2 Liberators themselves, like the Allied soldiers in Germany in 1945, often abuse women.

Women’s bodies, individually tortured and in pain, are transformed into national symbols and presented as symbolic battlefields that embody national values.

The Indian anthropologist Veena Das, who has studied violence connected to communal riots between ethnic and religious groups since the Partition of India, claims that the imagining of nationalist projects already includes the appropriation of women’s bodies as objects “on which the desire for nationalism could be brutally inscribed and a memory for the future made.”15 The magnification of the image of the nation through icons, rhetoric, and mythology draws its energy from the image of a magnified, patriarchally constructed, masculine sexuality. When the distinction between “magnified images” of the nation and of women dissolve, and “the nation becomes a magnified image of the beloved worshipped in the abstract, it becomes possible to inflict all kinds of violence on all those who resist this or who create counter images, equally enlarged.”16 In brief, the desire for nationalism easily can be metamorphosed into sexual violence, women’s bodies objectified and abstracted, and their pain and suffering disavowed. To conclude with Das’s possibly exaggerated but still meaningful insight into the narratives that recall both Indian and Pakistani violence against women during the Partition of India: “if men emerged from colonial subjugation as autonomous citizens of an independent nation, then they emerged simultaneously as monsters.”

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

To make matters worse, two Albanian leaders from the “old communist guard” stated publicly that it was only natural that young Albanians obtain some pleasure from Serbian women. These things happen, the leaders claimed, because of the well-known chastity of Albanian women and the fact that Albanian culture forbids sex outside of marriage.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

When nationalist politicians came to power throughout Yugoslavia in the 1990 elections, women’s bodies became everybody’s business. They were the objects of demands, projections, and restrictions. After the elections, women almost disappeared from national parliaments, where before they had made up between 16 and 30 percent of deputies; many women’s rights, including the right to legal and safe abortion, were threatened. With the onset of war, women were used in nationalist propaganda. Eventually, all of the warring factions committed rapes and other kinds of sexual violence – although not all at the same rate, which certainly makes a difference, politically and legally. Women were tortured and abused in many different ways in war zones: They were systematically raped, gang raped, held as slaves, bodily searched by male militias at check points, exploited by prostitution, or forced into prostitution because it was the only way to survive. Even United Nations soldiers in Bosnia visited the war brothels. The Bosnian Islamic Community pronounced raped women “shehids,” or holy warriors. The Serbian Orthodox and Croatian Catholic churches appealed to women to give birth to more nationals. Indeed, the churches treated women as demographic reservists. Both Orthodox and
    Catholic churches issued dramatic warnings that the national birth rates of their respective nations were among the lowest in the world, and that they faced the threat of becoming “minorities in their own countries.” The states strongly supported this stance.

In the patriarchal construction of gender, women’s primary role is the biological reproduction of family and nation. In its ideological definition of femininity, a woman’s chastity, her and her family’s honor, are the highest “values.” And her chastity becomes everybody’s business – the defenders’ and the aggressors’. It is only seemingly a paradox that exactly those values – culture, tradition, honor, female chastity – that nationalist warriors defend against “modernity’s nihilism and globalization” are the values that they readily attack and destroy when they belong to others, be they of different gender or ethnicity.

The tragic consequences for women in such militarized, patriarchal cultures extend beyond the battlefield.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    06-21-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    TITOV SDP! 15 kila speed-a & Bakir's sunglasses
    Hero
    Gavrilo Princip, Mehmed Mehmedbašić, Roza Papo
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 725

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by epirot View Post
    when an albanian sounds more reasonable than you, is the time you gotta start re-evaluating your inner self.
    I think you should apply that to yourself.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,729
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Bosnia was part of Yugoslavia. It's seceded in violation of the Yugoslav constitution after the Muslims who made up 2/3 of the population voted in favour of independence in an illegal referendum and brought about a war with the Serb minority. Serbia did not invade Bosnia and Herzegovina or begin ethnically cleansing it of its majority.
    This is dangerous propaganda. BiH had every right to seceded from Yugoslavia, and Serbs didn't make the 2/3 majority. Referendum passed by both Bosniaks and Croats supporting indipendence while Serbs boycotted it knowing they couldn't win.
    Even before the war in BiH violence started when Serbs set fire to one Croatian village in eastern Herzegovina. Volounteers and criminals from Serbia openly participated in war crimes in Bosnia and Croatia, and they had support from Belgrade.
    Look up Arkan.

Yes, Serbs comitted ethnic cleaning, genocide and mass war raped towards Bosniak civilians during the war and it is time to accept it and admit their wrongdoings,, just like Croats do acknowledge they comitted genocide against Serbs in ww2.
    Only primitive people don't want to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Hero
    Canute the Great
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41,639
    Given: 16,016

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    This is dangerous propaganda.
    Why was it so hard for ex-Yugoslavia nations to get along well with each other? After all they used to be a same country after 1945.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information