Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordid View Post
    Lol, wut ? East Nordids are much robust than Hallstatt Nordid and they dont look Balticised at all, but yes, they do give off a more Eastern vibe.

East Nordid with strong West Baltid influence are typical for Kurgan people.
    I think it says that East Nordids are more gracile than Halstatts because Halstatts usually have a stronger Cro Magnon component that coincides with it usually Dalo Faelid. West Baltids look like Baltids with Faelid admixture or influences for the most part. I agree the Kurgan type though has a very archiac Cro Magnon type that coincides with it posibly because of remnant Cro Magnon populations that remained in Northeastern Europe after most of them moved further west during the Upper Paleolithic time frame.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

I think it says that East Nordids are more gracile than Halstatts because Halstatts usually have a stronger Cro Magnon component that coincides with it usually Dalo Faelid.
    That's because they are mixed with CM. Proper Hallstatt Nordid does not have CM influence.

West Baltids look like Baltids with Faelid admixture or influences for the most part.
    Yeah, they look like Balticised Faelid but it doesn't mean they have Faelid admixture. West Baltid is West Baltid.

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    10-08-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    I would say that this kind of nose is quite rare in the Balkans (dinaric center?). My understanding was/is that the dinariphorm nose curves close to the root (giving it a "hawkish" look) rather than the tip. I have seen such noses in the Levant, even though obviously he's far from being a Levantine.
    Well his nose is a normal variation among East-Nordids, similar noses occur among Dinarids and I've noticed some Arabids too. But they are just variations.
    This Dinarid has such nose

Saudi King Faisal (Arabid)

Such nasal shape is more extreme, looks good often on males but probably less so on females.

Von Meinstein on the other hand has both convex and "downward" nose. Variation too.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

That's because they are mixed with CM. Proper Hallstatt Nordid does not have CM influence.

Yeah, they look like Balticised Faelid but it doesn't mean they have Faelid admixture. West Baltid is West Baltid.
    No there are very few pure Halstatts except in parts of Northern Germany and Southern Sweden most of them are admixed with Cro Magnon or predominated by a Cro Magnon or Borreby feature. I never said they are I just said they look like it. They are the result of their own type of evolution which has created a more Robust Baltid type.

Last Online
    05-13-2015 @ 07:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman View Post
    Well his nose is a normal variation among East-Nordids, similar noses occur among Dinarids and I've noticed some Arabids too. But they are just variations.

Such nasal shape is more extreme, looks good often on males but probably less so on females.

Von Meinstein on the other hand has both convex and "downward" nose. Variation too.

Certainly so but as far as dinaric nose goes the high rooted, curved closer to root comes in mind. I do as well have seen it in Arabs, in fact more so than in Balkans (even though it's not non-existent here either). But I don't know if "Dinaric" is the right term for it, in my eyes it looks quite different than a "dinaric nose" -the nasal bone is different (except/if we are to name each and every sloping nose as "dinaric").

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    I think it says that East Nordids are more gracile than Halstatts because Halstatts usually have a stronger Cro Magnon component that coincides with it usually Dalo Faelid. West Baltids look like Baltids with Faelid admixture or influences for the most part. I agree the Kurgan type though has a very archiac Cro Magnon type that coincides with it posibly because of remnant Cro Magnon populations that remained in Northeastern Europe after most of them moved further west during the Upper Paleolithic time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    No there are very few pure Halstatts except in parts of Northern Germany and Southern Sweden most of them are admixed with Cro Magnon or predominated by a Cro Magnon or Borreby feature. I never said they are I just said they look like it. They are the result of their own type of evolution which has created a more Robust Baltid type.
    I think East Nordids proper should be more robust, among them there are quite rugged variants.
    Aleksey Osipov

While Osipov might have a Kurganoid(so CM) tendency Viktor Avilov doesn't

I would never have said even when I knew little of anthropology that Avilov doesn't look heavily Russian (and very un-Scandinavian too), he's clearly more robust and without direct CM. He has this dinariomorphic downward nose as well.

Aleksander Godunov also without CM but very robust and mature looking, note all these 3 look mature so not "balticised" or soft.

This East-Nordid does look softer, though he's younger too but I would say he's with softer features than previous 3 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    Certainly so but as far as dinaric nose goes the high rooted, curved closer to root comes in mind. I do as well have seen it in Arabs, in fact more so than in Balkans (even though it's not non-existent here either). But I don't know if "Dinaric" is the right term for it, in my eyes it looks quite different than a "dinaric nose" -the nasal bone is different (except/if we are to name each and every sloping nose as "dinaric").
    Yes you have a point. When I said Arabid I did not mean Arabs in general, Arabids such as Faisal are usually found among bedouins and higher class Arabs. Dinariomphic might be an appropriate word.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

@Mordid he gives me CM vibes but not of part balticised variety, so I said "Kurgan".
    Isn't Kurgan West Baltid ?

Fuhrer
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
    Ethnicity
    ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    Lord Howe Island
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,337
    Given: 685

0 Not allowed!

This Dinarid has such nose

Saudi King Faisal (Arabid)

Seems like him:

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Isn't Kurgan West Baltid ?
    More like East-Cromagnid/Faelid like often rugged with East-Nordid influence or an intermediate between the two.
    Dmitry Tursunov

Or this one surprisingly from Montenegro (Agrippa gave him even the famous "kurgan warrior" title), and i think that montenegrin poster Awar from skadi/stirpes has somewhat similar type (probably Borreby as CM component).

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

More like East-Cromagnid/Faelid like often rugged with East-Nordid influence or an intermediate between the two.
    Dmitry Tursunov
    So, West Baltid are somewhat softer than Eastern Cromagnid ? In Slavic forum, they call this proto-Baltsky type.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information