... while browsing news about the Ukraine war I came across....

Did you know that there is a belief that a part of the Book Of Revelations was actually "fulfilled" in Ukraine... ?...

Well... there is a passage in the Book Of Revelations ( last book in the Bible, allegedly talking about "things to come " ) which says "...and a great star fell from Heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. And a third of the waters became wormwood, and many died from the water because it was made bitter."....

In the 1980s, as many know well, there was a nuclear catastrophe in a power plant in Ukraine, named Chernobyl.

Well... the Book Of Revelations talks about something like "a fiery star" making a whole lot of drinking water bitter , causing death for those who drink it.

Apparently the Chernobyl-catastrophe was linked to this passage in the book.
"Drinking water becoming 'bitter'/lethal because of something resembling a burning star poisoning it."....

... for people giving credence to religion , they thought that the 'Wormwood-prophecy' of the Book Of Revelations had been fulfilled by these happenings . . .

AND... believe it or not. The ukrainian local word 'Chernobyl' , by which the power plant was named actually literally TRANSLATES AS 'WORMWOOD' INTO ENGLISH . . ( ! ) .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormwood_(Bible)

. . . .

... whether one believes in religions or not... that's notable.

Chernobyl in the Bible?

. . .
That being said.. many people at all times claimed to see alleged 'prophecies' happen. It was often a matter of interpretation..

In fact I can even still recall people after 9 / 11 claiming that the story of the attacks on New York allegedly also was even to be found in the Book Of Revelations , when it talks about "the great city Babylon which made the merchants of the world rich, destroyed in one day... And many from a distance, from the sea shall see the smoke of the the burning city emanating. And shall weep. " or something thereabouts.

... I don't even have to begin to tell you about the end-times hype in more recent years..

- - - - - - - -
Well... . something I stumbled upon when researching Ukraine.

By the way... regardless whether one believes in religion or not, the world-situation presently certainly is suboptimal, to say the least . .

In fact the Ukraine is a country which had to endure very much over the course of time , one might say.

.. in the early 20th century the Bolsheviks of Russia already caused an artificial famine there known as the Holodomor when the Ukrainians more or less didn't want something to do with Bolshevik Russia to kind of "break the will" of the Ukrainians..

In the 1980s they had the Chernobyl-disaster.

In the more recent past, Putin .

- - - - - - - -

Well, well, well ...

. . . . .

Have a nice day.. despite this world we are living in...

ColdFire