06-26-2013 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Foley View Post
    Read the Agreement it does not state what form of the assistance was to take. It could be Military or Food Aid, maybe Financial assistance
    Article 4 specifies that the form of assisance was to be agreed by military bodies - plainly it was not food aid. And even if it was just food aid - it would still be delivered by armed forces. So de facto the agreement meant military cooperation.

or no assistance as well.
    No. Read:

ARTICLE I.

Should one of the Contracting Parties become engaged in hostilities with a European Power in consequence of aggression by the latter against that Contracting Party, the other Contracting Party will at once give the Contracting Party engaged in hostilities all the support and assistance in its power.

Im not being stubborn nor ignorant, I am clearly correct. All Article 4 states is the evaluation of mutual assistance from Britain, Whence the neglecting to address Polands Territorial sovereignty in the agreement, that was Britains get out of jail free card, Poland was hoodwinked. Im not being stubborn nor ignorant, I am clearly correct. All Article 4 states is the evaluation of mutual assistance from Britain,
    No. Article 4 defines the nature of the assistance. It specifies that the exact character of assistance will be specified by the competent military, air and naval authorities. So ex definitione it was a military agreement.
    Last edited by Jarl; 09-07-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

It is fairly obvious I am wasting time here, your a coward Tyler you had an opportunity to simply concede on the point, you didnt thereby stalling this debate. I ask you not to send me anymore neg rep points with messages I want no contact with a coward.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

LOL!

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

It is fairly obvious I am wasting time here, your a coward Tyler you had an opportunity to simply concede on the point, you didnt thereby stalling this debate. I ask you not to send me anymore neg rep points with messages I want no contact with a coward.
    Get a life you nutter!
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
    Article 4 specifies that the form of assisance was to be agreed by military bodies - plainly it was not food aid. And even if it was just food aid - it would still be delivered by armed forces. So de facto the agreement meant military cooperation.
    Article 4 does not state what form aid should be whether it is Military or Humanity as either aid during hostilities is administered by the military, and you cannot say “plainly it was not food aid”. From the Polish point of view they wished military assistance, rightfully so, the Agreement of Mutual Assistance was signed as an appendage or attachment to the Franco/Polish Kasprzycki-Gamelin Convention, whence the Polish expectations.

The British authored Agreement of Mutual assistance was in effect not a military alliance, as it was titled and by the fact it included clauses open for interpretation . The Agreement of Mutual assistance was deliberately evasive in not defining what mutual assistance consisted of to Poland. Poland’s request to Britain for military aid was turned down on the excuse of Article 4, as on assessment of Polands situation by its military advisors it was believed the best result was to let Poland fall and defeat Germany in a longer protracted war. Within the Agreement of Mutual assistance Polish Territorial Integrity of their borders with Germany and Russia was not deliberately included. Both Germany and Russia had border issues with Poland, recognizing Polands Territorial integrity would of meant British liability to declare war on Russia. This is evidenced by the British Government informing the Polish ambassador that they were not liable under the Agreement of Mutual Assistance to declare war on the Soviet Union.

I am not being anti-Pole as 2 of history’s most heroic battles were the Battle of Warsaw and the battle of Vienna where the Poles saved Europe from the Turks.

However we can now move on if you wish and we will discuss further Poland's situation.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

The answer is simple, Brian - talking sense = no neg reps

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    The answer is simple, Brian - talking sense = no neg reps
    LOL, Jesus Christ what the Fuck is this, haha, he can give me all the neg reps he wants, I just dont want him communicating with me in those reps on this forum and on stirpes or on the Irish Nationalist forum. He had a chance here to admit I was correct, no big deal, however he chose to play a silly bugger and stall around, no guts. And besides what business is it to you?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information