View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate do you want to win?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney / Republican Party

42 52.50%
  • Barack Hussein Obama / Democrat Party

38 47.50%
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast

Thread: Obama vs Romney

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Al
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,263
    Given: 1,460

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The private sector manage things? For them it's all profit profit profit. More screwing over of the people. No thanks.

As for education, it should be free as in Sweden - and super-rich people should pay higher taxes to subsidize it.
    The market determines the best not bureaucrats.

As for education being free, sure maybe public education (even though private education is generally better.) Just look at some of the best universities in the world, majority of them are American Private Universities.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45,079
    Given: 45,121

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by iNird View Post
    The market determines the best not bureaucrats.

As for education being free, sure maybe public education (even though private education is generally better.) Just look at some of the best universities in the world, majority of them are American Private Universities.
    The market again eh? Look where the market got America with the crash.

As for the universities - only the rich and famous can be sent to those good universities.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalisté View Post
    Oh, and yes, '' the continuity of the culture and ethnicity '' is also a product of racist mindset, advocated by Adolf Hitler the latest.
    Jon Snow might tell you himself that I am one of the most liberal non-stereotypically racist persons on this site, and even I have a dispute with this claim. It is perfectly normal and natural to wish for continuity of your culture and ethnicity in the next generation. This is what goes on subconsciously inside when we find ourselves most attracted to members of the opposite sex who are most similar to ourselves. By far and large, most people follow this pattern, including myself. I can also tell you that if some person accused me of being racist simply because I married a white man and gave birth to white children? I'd be fucking PISSED! This does happen to whites more than any other group, and I think it's wrong-headed and mean spirited.

I wish for continuity of all races and cultures....on the most part. The extremists of various cultures along with the criminal element can take a fucking hike of course lol.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Al
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,263
    Given: 1,460

0 Not allowed!

Well you ignore the role of government had in the "crisis."

You should read more below:

http://www.freedomworks.org/crisis

And if the market was allowed to correct itself this crash would be minimized in the future. Instead big bailouts were given and these banks/automobile industries know that if another "crash" happens they will be bailed out once again.

As for the universities - only the rich and famous can be sent to those good universities.
    Well there are public universities which are more affordable not to mention other universities where one can attend. That's the great thing about free markets -- alternatives.

Last Online
    06-21-2015 @ 08:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Walhaz-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American Hick
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Y-DNA
    R-L2*
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Nordid
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 132

0 Not allowed!

Are you referring to the housing bubble?

That was due to one of the worst combinations of monetary and fiscal policy in US history more than a failure of the market, imo. I would agree that the dot-com bubble was largely a market failure due to a false belief that the internet had brought about a new age in the economy, but the housing bubble was a product of intervention.

When Bush took office he responded to the bursting of the dot-com bubble by cutting taxes, lowering interest rates and increasing deficit spending to stimulate the economy because he didn't want his term to be ruined by a recession. So, you could just as easily blame the government for setting the stage for the housing bubble and setting the economy up for an eventual fall.

He could have let the recession play out like a free market capitalist system would have, and it would have been painful for awhile, but he chose to intervene because he was looking to get reelected. He basically compounded the problem and pushed it into the future.

There is no doubt that market failures occur, but government failures occur too, and I would argue that they tend to be worse. When a free market fails, it has no choice but to eat the losses and restructure. When the government intervenes and fails, it makes the initial problem worse and it can do many things to try and keep the broken system going.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503983_1...95-503983.html

Last Online
    07-18-2022 @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European mutt
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    German-Slavic, Scotch-Irish, Italian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by iNird View Post
    These liberals (not to be confused with libertarians) complain and want to government to step in instead of letting the private sector manage these matters. They are weak minded for the most part and want the government or someone else to subsidize their lifestyle.

Take the cost of the tuition Rhiannon mentioned, the reason why the cost has skyrocketed is due to government interference. Government backed loans, grants and other gov't subsidies increase the cost of tuition

Here's an small article on the price of tuition :

http://www.thefinancialcoach.com/ris...t-interference

At the end of the day, maybe Rhiannon should have not gotten herself in a shitload of debt. But hey blame others and don't take responsibility for your own choices. It's the liberal way.
    University tuition rises 2,3,4% every year in many places. This is just ridiculous. Greedy libs at the universities. i thought they were about kum-by-a sharing and caring?
    Last edited by xajapa; 11-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Last Online
    07-18-2022 @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European mutt
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    German-Slavic, Scotch-Irish, Italian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168

0 Not allowed!

The private sector manage things? For them it's all profit profit profit. More screwing over of the people. No thanks.

As for education, it should be free as in Sweden - and super-rich people should pay higher taxes to subsidize it.
    As for free education. The US has millions more people. It is not practical for all of them to have a free education. If you are really indigent, you will probably get enough financial aid that you could attend a state university by subsidizing $2500 per year with a loan or money earned by working. That is manageable. I don't what things are like in Sweden, but, here in the US, many who shouldn't, attend universities and colleges. They are either not qualified academically, or they are not serious and go there to party and goof off. If you hand people something for nothing, there is no ownership or incentive to make it work. That is why the residences in public housing are trashed. If you want my opinion, there is nothing wrong with asking a student to pay for part of her/his education. It gives them reason to apply themselves, because, if they drop out, they will be obliged for their loans (Although part of Obama's snake oil enticement is to forgive much of a student's loans. I believe this is what Rhiannon was referring to. Forgive the loan? The university? Nah. Just pass it on to the taxpayer. Oh wait, there is not enough tax revenue because Obama's policy's discourage job creation. Oh well, let's just borrow from China and raise the debt. Hey, Rhiannon, I know your are a college student. Here is a lesson in economics: there is no such thing as a free lunch. You either pay now, or pay later. The debt that is being run up by Obama now will be on the backs of young adults like you for the rest of your working life. You will be paying back those student loans "forgiven" through burdensome taxes the rest of your life. Unless you are going to college to get a job that doesn't pay. Then you won't need to pay taxes. You can be one of the 47%, instead of one of the dreaded 1%).

Banned
    Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 08:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    not sure
    Ethnicity
    unsure
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

I dn't see the big deal. Romney wasnt ever going to win and everyone knew this months ago. Only the most crazy hardliners really thought he had a chance

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,724
    Given: 5,851

0 Not allowed!

Hate it when people say "I hate the private sector" or "I hate the public" sector.

An oligarchy, is an oligarchy, is a monoply. Whether it be Tesco & Wallmart or out right State controled unions.

If it's done right, with the right population. Both can work.

People see the world in black & white. As only Good & bad, Yin-Yang, complete opposites.

Last Online
    05-01-2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Old Stock
    Ethnicity
    New Englander
    Ancestry
    Angles & Picts
    Region
    Vermont
    Y-DNA
    R1b L21
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Taxonomy
    A-S
    Politics
    Landscape
    Religion
    Nature
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Perduellio View Post
    Vermont 100% dem...quite surprising for the whitest state (97%) of the Union.
    It's very strange here in Vermont. Yes, we're very white and quite rural but since the 1980s, the state has become overwhelmingly Democrat. It used to be thoroughly Republican, as was most of the north...

There are a lot of newcomers that have come to the state state since the 70s, most of whom brought liberal ideologies with them. They're white and often of imeccable racial stock, but they sure love their Dems, weed and gays.

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast

Thread Information