PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
WOOHP vs Iberians - Page 71
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast

Thread: WOOHP vs Iberians

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,540
    Given: 12,988

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WOOHP View Post
    Frank, why do you put so much emphasis on such meaningless things being practically unrelated to our discussion about the term "atlantic facade". Half of your text above is about whether Catrau threatned me or wished me dead.
    Lying to get someone banned isn't meaningless. If he had threatened you, he would have been banned or suspended. There is no other reason other than misreading (a possibility) what he said. Wishing someone dead only gets him a slap on the wrist.

In the other half you try to justify your insults towards me. Not to mention how you got hooked on me referring to all Iberians as "sub humans" in a hectic debate with just Iberians. These are just some of the twisting you're doing just to avoid our real discussion?
    I tried to have a real discussion but you stopped answering the post where I pointed out your mistake regarding Portuguese-Americans and income. I taught you about proportion. Portuguese-Americans are a small population when compared to the American population but compared to the Portuguese population it's large. You were attempting to argue small immigrant populations, in this case the Portuguese, was more selective of positive traits because it's a small fraction that represents the most ambitious individuals from their home country but you weren't familiar with proportion.

I never heard from you again about it. So it was you who decided not to have a "serious discussion."

Have you even answered the questions I asked in beginning?
    I did. You ignored them. I even suggested you ask me the questions again and I'd copy and paste my responses from those posts but you never said a word.

Why do some Iberians here very much like to be associated with the populations of the Atlantic facade and at the same time they try to distance themself from Italians and other Meds?
    You didn't ask me that question. You're asking it now and I'll answer just as I did your other questions.

First off, if an Iberian does say that (and I only know of one at this point here) that says nothing about what is generally held among most Iberians.

Second, believing your culture is Atlantic doesn't mean you want to be like Brits, French, etc. by default. Portugal, Galicia, Asturias, does border the Atlantic. I don't actually know what Atlantic culture is but it appears to be whatever a person wants it to be and so until someone explains what it entails to the average person I can't comment on that part.

Spaniards and Portuguese are close. Italians are not and Greeks even less. If you want to speak generally of a med culture then yes these groups are in the same camp but beyond speaking geographically and speaking generally of culture they're different populations. There is nothing wrong with that.

Why is this term generally more popular among Iberians than lets say Brits(Brazilian Welsh guy being the exception)?
    You mean a handful of Iberian posters? I heard there was a police sting that rounded up pedophiles in Sweden. Why are Swedes pedophiles? This is basically how you argue.

/phone
    Thanks for letting me know.... you can't just finish what you write later and then post it?

/bathroom

Eating all your Kings and Queens Atlantic Islander's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-29-2014 @ 05:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Azores
    mtDNA
    H1
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,204
    Given: 10,750

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
    You mean a handful of Iberian posters? I heard there was a police sting that rounded up pedophiles in Sweden. Why are Swedes pedophiles? This is basically how you argue.
    It's not even a handful, it's like one or two, and the others aren't even Iberian. He's just making assumptions as always.

Last Online
    09-26-2013 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    none
    Country
    Kosovo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 411

0 Not allowed!

gddfgdf
    Last edited by HispaniaSagrada; 09-26-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,540
    Given: 12,988

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Islander View Post
    It's not even a handful, it's like one or two, and the others aren't even Iberian. He's just making assumptions as always.
    That and loaded questions. Instead of asking me a question such as, "Do Iberians distance themselves from Italians and Meds?" he asks me "Why do Iberians distance themselves from Italians and Meds?" If I don't affirm his assumption I'm accused of not answering his question. Now I get where he's coming from when he said I didn't answer his questions.

Eating all your Kings and Queens Atlantic Islander's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-29-2014 @ 05:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Azores
    mtDNA
    H1
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,204
    Given: 10,750

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
    That and loaded questions. Instead of asking me a question such as, "Do Iberians distance themselves from Italians and Meds?" he asks me "Why do Iberians distance themselves from Italians and Meds?" If I don't answer affirming his assumption I'm accused of not answering his question. Now I get where he's coming from when he said I didn't answer his questions.
    He words it that way on purpose. Haven't you noticed that when he voices his "opinion" he makes into a statement - pretending it's a fact? It's a ploy to deceive people. If he says "Why do Iberians distance themselves from Italians and Meds?" He knows that a random person will get riled up and attack us as well - and actually, if you look through the thread, that did end up happening. Weaselly ways that one has.
    Last edited by Atlantic Islander; 09-23-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-13-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Pontid Borreby
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,275
    Given: 433

1 Not allowed!

Well, the Med DNA is highest in Basques & Sardinians.

While North European DNA is highest in Lithuanians & Finns.

Finland does score a very high PISA score.

I suspect that Med types are more creative !?

Although Lithuanians seem to have traditionally been superior to Finns at east historically!!

Only recently have Finns become advanced!!

Last Online
    09-26-2013 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    none
    Country
    Kosovo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 411

4 Not allowed!

ddfgd
    Last edited by HispaniaSagrada; 09-26-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    H. s. sapiens
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,534
    Given: 2,302

3 Not allowed!

He wants to clump all together from Lisbon to Athens. He fails to understand there are significant differences (culturally, et al.). Besides, he doesn't seem to acknowledge the basic geographic fact that the Iberian peninsula is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and that some regions of it don't even know what are the colors of the Mediterranean sea. According to him this is all about "siestas", beaches and olive oil, even though the countless posters who've shown him otherwise. It's a hopeless case. That's why this forum is becoming worse and worse: it doesn't serve the purpose of sharing knowledge or experiences with seriousness on a "European Cultural Community" level, but rather the way around: it serves to give a stage to professional clowns and to spread blatant lies about each other's countries with impunity. And I know some people take pleasure out of this and even give way to this sort of threads to continue endlessly. It must be fun to them. Summing it up: this has become a place where some people come to unleash their frustrations, something they wouldn't do in real life at the risk of being considered sociopaths.
    Last edited by Rouxinol; 09-23-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 06:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Breton, Gallaecian, small amounts of Gascon and Norman plus a tiny bit of Finnish.
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Gallaecia (Galiza and N. Portugal).
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Brittany
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-L21*)
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,614
    Given: 4,516

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Le duc d'Abrantès View Post
    He wants to clump all together from Lisbon to Athens. He fails to understand there are significant differences (culturally, et al.). Besides, he doesn't seem to acknowledge the basic geographic fact that the Iberian peninsula is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and that some regions of it don't even know what are the colors of the Mediterranean sea. According to him this is all about "siestas", beaches and olive oil, even though the countless posters who've shown him otherwise. It's a hopeless case. That's why this forum is becoming worse and worse: it doesn't serve the purpose of sharing knowledge or experiences with seriousness on a "European Cultural Community" level, but rather the way around: it serves to give a stage to professional clowns and to spread blatant lies about each other's countries with impunity. And I know some people take pleasure out of this and even give way to this sort of threads to continue endlessly. It must be fun to them. Summing it up: this has become a place where some people come to unleash their frustrations, something they wouldn't do in real life at the risk of being considered sociopaths.
    This is what I have been suggesting all along about recent developments on TA.

Seriously, why would anyone be so upset / obsessed about something known as the "Atlantic facade?" WOOHP just keeps repeating that the AF doesn't
    exist and he associates it with racial / ethnic distancing by Iberians, yet knows nothing about it's history, socio-cultural patterns, etc. - the funny thing is that the British and Irish on here recognize that there is something to the AF. The guy assumes this narrow - rather ignorant - stance because he cannot associate Iberian culture and ethnicities with anything but the Med world and its population groups. I consider one of his ailments to be a form of distorted perspective - something is not clicking cognitively, among other things.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrudnyZydMalpa View Post
    Well, the Med DNA is highest in Basques & Sardinians.

While North European DNA is highest in Lithuanians & Finns.

Finland does score a very high PISA score.

I suspect that Med types are more creative !?

Although Lithuanians seem to have traditionally been superior to Finns at east historically!!

Only recently have Finns become advanced!!
    High PISA but low IQ. Meaning that they are not that smart. They study hard, just are not that bright. Sorry, but it's true.

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast

Thread Information