None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Wouldn't that be a disadvantage then for stupid people? If they have nothing interesting to say than how could they maintain the interest of the opposite gender? Sure maybe the dumb person will initially catch the attention with his/her confidence but a smart person can maintain it without fading fast.
    Stupid or average people compensate for intelligence, using boisterousness, wit, and humor. For example a large person maybe physically intimidating, say really stupid shit, but not get called out on this due to being boisterous. A funny person would avoid intelligent conversation by diverting the course of a conversation or cracking jokes. There are many types of compensation for intelligence. Also many people don't think about what they say, before they say it, they just speak readily without second-thought. Smart people tend to analyze thoughts and ideas.

This also applies to politicking. People follow their side or ideology, without thinking about it. They merely repeat the politickal mantra and maintain copied ideas.

That's funny because I think the opposite. Some of the most fruitful conversations I had IRL have been with women. I'm not trying to sound like a white knight, but it's just that I'm sick of males and the typical guy talk of engines and muscles so much that I promised to have no new friends unless they are chicks.
    We have different experiences then. The only times that I can readily remember having fruitful conversations with women, were with my sisters. I've not been impressed by the females I've met, to this day.

You can't generalize all females especially when there are plenty of overweight or ugly (disproportionate/unharmonious face) women who cannot as easily "sell sex", as you put it. I disagree on how you emphasize the importance of sex anyway because I'd think most males are firstly looking for companionship, sex may be 3rd on the list.
    That seems to vary by individual preference; some people value companionship and others just a "quickie, one-night-stand", temporary sexual encounter.

That's a very interesting way to look at it, if I was a female (supposedly we were all in fetal stage) I would feel offended. Females are not as shallow as males so I doubt having all those luxuries would win her over - that's not to say shallow, gold-digging bitches don't exist out there, but from my experience it's all about personality, if you're interesting, witty, funny and unlike the rest than you have a huge advantage. I had a few times in the past where girls weren't attracted to me physically but over-time "fell in love" with my personality.
    Personality may overrule genders. A personality type can find companionship regardless of gender. Loving a personality is different than sexual attraction. Companionship requires a balanced equation of personalities. Some personalities simply will not cohabit with opposite personalities, too much friction, fighting, and pride.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unome View Post
    Stupid or average people compensate for intelligence, using boisterousness, wit, and humor. For example a large person maybe physically intimidating, say really stupid shit, but not get called out on this due to being boisterous. A funny person would avoid intelligent conversation by diverting the course of a conversation or cracking jokes. There are many types of compensation for intelligence.
    You've just described me, though I don't consider myself stupid at all. It's just that smart people have too much of an ego-investment.

Also many people don't think about what they say, before they say it, they just speak readily without second-thought. Smart people tend to analyze thoughts and ideas.
    This speaking before you think AKA impulsivity is a male trait in general, I do not think being spontaneous is a bad thing at all, actually I value it and think it has something to do with high Testosterone. It's a good tool to weed out potential mates who are easily offended, while a smart nerd may at first over-analyze and think twice before he opens his mouth to please person X, the spontaneous ones throw everything on the table so there are no surprises later on.

Personality may overrule genders. A personality type can find companionship regardless of gender. Loving a personality is different than sexual attraction. Companionship requires a balanced equation of personalities. Some personalities simply will not cohabit with opposite personalities, too much friction, fighting, and pride.
    What I meant to say is women do not prioritize looks in potential mates as much as us men do. An ugly guy with an amazing personality would decimate any Armani model with a bland personality as far as sex appeal goes. The way a man carries himself IRL is the most important thing for sexual attraction, looks do help though.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-01-2018 @ 08:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Prussia
    Hero
    None
    Religion
    Philosophy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,819
    Given: 4,919

2 Not allowed!

My first impression of being smart is being rational, thoughtful, intellectual, identifying patterns, and solving problems. A smart wife hypothetically should solve problems regarding her side of the marriage, as a woman specifically. Men and women tend to have different types of problems (divided by gender, for example: women have a menstrual cycle). A husband & wife need to work together to maintain a worthwhile marriage. It's best for both sides to be "smart", not just one side.

What would a smart-husband, stupid-wife combination look like?
    Or stupid-husband, smart-wife?
    Or stupid-husband, stupid-wife?

The ideal is to have a smart-husband + smart-wife. This ought to produce a "successful" marriage.

Last Online
    12-31-2014 @ 04:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French
    Ethnicity
    French
    Politics
    Symbiosis
    Religion
    Personal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,151
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    [B][SIZE=4]Men are happier with a smarter wife
    To title: No shit! More smart = less stupid. It sucks dealing with stupid regardless of gender.

In regards to "feeling threatened"...that's only in traditional settings that husband being threatened by wife's providing power is even an issue. We don't have traditional settings anymore.

And most importantly...what does education have to do with intelligence? Education has to do with parental wealth. If the new in-laws buy you a house for your wedding, that damn sure takes out a lot of the stress and strain of marriage.
    Me: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1ym...QU7rnlw/videos
    Embedding Attachments: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...?attachmentid=
    I'll make your poems into songs
    Number of times this site has crashed my browser (as of 10/16/2014): 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information