Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Posti

Question(s) about Finnish Post (Posti).

Heh...I'd like to know (since I didnt find any info on the site, and none of my dear friends are available to ask them about this) how works the Finnish post about the packets and all this stuff? I've recently sent a packet and I got this little number so I can check where and what's happening with the packet at the right moment, but...I was just wondering...do postman take the packet to your house (in Helsinki) or, do you have to go to the Post office and get it? Hehe...you see guys, DD is in Army..and stupid me sent him smth last week and it says its already arrived there...I was wondering, should someone go and pick it?

Kiitos!

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70

0 Not allowed!

Smile

So you sent him something to where he is stationed? Or to his home?

If the former, then he'll collect it from the man with the funny bronze banana on his chest (while his army mates snicker).

If the latter, then (since he wasn't there when they tried to deliver it) they've left a little slip in his mailbox, which he can use to go collect the package from the nearest post office when he gets home.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-12-2020 @ 01:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    So you sent him something to where he is stationed? Or to his home?

If the former, then he'll collect it from the man with the funny bronze banana on his chest (while his army mates snicker).

If the latter, then (since he wasn't there when they tried to deliver it) they've left a little slip in his mailbox, which he can use to go collect the package from the nearest post office when he gets home.
    I wasnt that ridiculous to sent him something over there I even know that would be possible?! Uh! New idea! Thank you Eld!!! poor DD...

Nah just sent it to his home...his parents should be able to pick it (hopefully)...I was actually asking the time you can pick it from the Post office? Its like 3 or 4 days?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulenspiegel View Post

I was actually asking the time you can pick it from the Post office? Its like 3 or 4 days?
    From Posti.fi:

Lähetystä säilytetään postissa saapumisviikon lisäksi 2 täyttä kalenteriviikkoa, jonka jälkeen lähetys palautetaan lähettäjälle tämän kustannuksella.
    Loose translation: "packages are kept in a post office for two full calendar weeks, in addition to the week they arrive, after which they will be returned to the sender at the sender's expense".

So, unless I'm interpreting something wrong, DD has until August 6 to pick it up (unless his local post office is open on Sundays, like I think some of them are).

(And yes, you can send packages and letters straight to the army base. It was actually very common for conscripts to get letters from girlfriends when I was in the army -- this was before the internet, see)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-12-2020 @ 01:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    So, unless I'm interpreting something wrong, DD has until August 6 to pick it up (unless his local office is open on Sundays, like I think some of them are).

(And yes, you can send packages and letters straight to the army base. It was actually very common for conscripts to get letters from girlfriends when I was in the army -- this was before the internet, see)
    Ouh! That's great! Yeah he's actually having a free weekend this week, so I think its fine! Thank you Eld!!!

About the second part, haha...I'm so evil...I'm having a plan on my mind right now...hihi...dont worry I wont tell him it was your idea. But that's great to know. Uh yeah. Thank you for all the info! Really!

Thread Information