Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: As Indians outperform Chinese in overseas corporate management, China must nurture talent

Banned
    Last Online
    06-22-2018 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    When you move back to China?

You sound like another diaspora nationalist, but since you live in the USA an immigrant nation it can be forgiven
    I live around many European immigrants, i can't count how many Germans I see flying their German flag from their car. Especially the ones who stay at the HOTELS WE OWN.

So when are they moving back to Germany?

And i agree, he's a Chinese nationalist and should move back to China, it'd be great if they all did.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    So tell me when I ever started an anti-India thread, or put up shit street memes like the tons of Euro/Mena/Latin members here whenever they want to insult Indians?

I'm actually one of the fairest and probably more educated members when assessing India, which is remarkable considering the type of constant racial insults I get subjected to that come from Fractal.
    Um sorry but this thread wasn't about India vs. China. China's rise is irrelevant to most Indian-Americans, especially my group.

If you want more respect by Indians in business and in the tech world, the first step is to change your attitude. Like all the Asians who act friendly with us on campus. I know its difficult when you get ignored by them but if you smile you can get their attention.

The Indian above is a Telegu I believe. They're seen as a bit more docile and timid similar to east Asians, they don't own as many businesses as we do, and mostly work in software engineering. While my group is mostly in hardware/electronics, or for running their own businesses.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm not an Indian hater, but clearly the OP likes to instigate attacks against Chinese people using Indians as bait, and it doesn't help that Fractal soon joins in to escalate insults.
    Look, do you want me to send you tips on how to get more attention from Indians in the business world and in tech? Like I said the first step is attitude and not having a chip on your shoulder.

They're not gonna want to listen to how great China is, or the quality of Chinese made goods.

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    china sent in 8 times more troops than india. That issue started when china expanded into indian occupied kashmir and arunachal pradesh due to some construction of roads in that region. Yes india did underestimate china I guess and thats why India sent only some troops to stop the expansion and they looked at an opportunity to expand a bit north into chinese territory as well cause they didnt think they would wage war and open cease fire. chinese started attacking then and sent in a lot of troops, about 80 thousand to give an estimate. India has those border disputes still in place today with both pakistan and china.

but anyways I agree chinese are quite resilient and have gone thru tough conditions and proved themselves. Even in US they were quite hard working and built themselves up through building railroads to dominating in tech related fields today. Every ethnic group proved themselves though. Indians dont think they're better than chinese. India respects china and is striving to model itself according to east asian countries.

Also your one friend's opinion doesn't prove how the entire indian community acts to get to higher positions. Thats like me saying my friend saw some chinese at his school cheating their way through tests in high school and college and therefore concluding that all chinese cheat their way into getting to where they are. Its really absurd the way you make those assertions. Indians work their asses off to get to where they are as well. In south east asia, UK, canada many indians rose from poor conditions when they arrived with immense discrimination along with it and eventually getting to the respectable positions they are in currently comparable to most chinese in those areas. Other than the middle east, indians are doing well everywhere else abroad and they aren't really from high castes or something.

Again most indians or most nations across the globe actually have huge respect for the chinese. You are being just as hypocritical and racist by saying all "brown" nations have folks that portray racism based on envious feelings towards whites and north east asians. In india there's a saying called "athidi devo Bava" which is basically saying that " a guest is equal to a god". So if anything we respect foreigners that much doesn't matter if they are african, british, chinese, latino, etc. You can't base how indians are due to few anthroforum users lol.
    I'll give you a sincere response since you didn't come raging at me like most indians. What you believe about the 1962 Sino-Indian War is wrong. It was almost entirely India's fault as India was the one who declared war with China. Chinese weren't the aggressors, indians were and Nehru's 'Forward Policy' of reclaiming land (which obviously does not belong to indians but to the native northeasterners) was the catalyst of the war: http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/may/23spec.htm

Chinese aggression is a myth and China repeatedly offered for a ceasefire with indians (indians only accepted this when Nehru realized that the chinese could push all the way to Dehli and "conquer" it if they wanted): http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/may/23spec.htm
    Spoiler!

The fact that indians still insist China is at fault and clearly want revenge suggests that indians don't want peace. You know, if we looked at the war diaries of the chinese soldiers at the time, they never spoke ill of the indians (the same way indians shit on chinese soldiers). They showed indians respect, POWs were fed, and India's weapons were cleaned up and returned. Name one other country that would treat an enemy with such graciousness? Just one?

I also know that indians were trying to hindunize the arunachalis at the time, and feeding them anti-chinese propaganda. Yet some of the older arunachalis had thought well of the chinese soldiers, who weren't the monsters they expected http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sho...s/20121030.htm
    Spoiler!

(Just to be clear, arunachalis indeed have a reason to mistrust and even hate the chinese. They're very close to tibetans, some even fled from Tibet because of China so I don't hold it against them)

Of course, India's own campaign in the northeast against Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur in particular was nothing short of brutal. Indians boast about not using air support against China yet did not hesitate to conduct air strikes against civilian populations in Aizawl, Mizoram. Under the AFSPA, so many atrocities were committed including mass rapes and murder. I have a mizo friend and she hates indians to the bone because of this. And I don't blame her one bit. By the way, there are indeed many northeasterners who are proud indians, majority even. But there's a significant minority who hate indians and want independence and I'll tell you why. Being called 'chinki' or from China/Nepal is the tip of the iceberg. It's because in light of the traumatic past, they often face discrimination, are othered and constantly have to prove that they're indian despite all the contributions they've made to India. In India, it's normal for northeasterners to be raped or beaten in public by a mob of racists. I don't know about others but that's biggest reason among many that I mistrust indians.

As for the anthroforums, it's not just that. I've seen many unpleasant things with indians on a non-anthro website much bigger than this. Indians are one of the largest populations there and at one time, chinese were as well. However, indians would constantly start discussions trolling chinese posters (to the point many native chinese took note of this). One of the most common topics was the han persecution of chinese minorities.

Of course, the China bashers were too stupid to see that minorities in China didn't just include tibetan/uighur exiles and that not all minorities had problems with the central government. Naturally, chinese minorities from China objected to this. I know that they are minorities because they had posts and photos showing traditional wear/revealed their locations, languages and others were friends. But instead of listening to what they had to say, the users, mostly indians would accuse them of being han imposters/50 cents/brainwashed (and all that crap) and spout offensive language (the most bullied was a tibetan and also a half tibetan/naxi girl, living in Tibet proper). Some of them fought back and were subsequently banned. Some of them just got fed up and left. And the many han who saw this helped their fellow compatriots (meeting the same fate). In reality, that's how all of us really are like including overseas. Contrary to the accusations, we really do see each other as family and inter-ethnic discrimination isn't widespread. That's the other biggest reason why I mistrust indians.

Now you can see things from my hypocritical point of view and why I'm always "trashing indians". The reason why I responded back to you with a tl;dr long ass post is because I feel that you're at least respectful and deserve to know why. Actually as an individual, you're OK. I'm not OK, but I also don't represent most chinese. I'm sure indians, southeast asians, europeans, browns, blacks have many reasons to hate chinese as well and I can respect that. Most chinese will treat you well, I'm just very messed up but be relieved. Some day soon, I'll pack up my bags and leave for China so bear with me till then. Many chinese still need a helping hand and enjoying the benefits of a first world while ignoring children suffering doesn't feel right.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-19-2024 @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pythonator View Post
    lol, i tried doing a bit of research on why there are more Indian CEOs than east Asian CEOs, and found this. Hilarious.

Do whites in the U.S. consider Indian Americans more "American" than East Asian Americans, due to similarities in facial features?

Yes, Indians are DEFINITELY considered more American than East Asians.

-I'm Chinese American. I get the "foreign," unsavory vibe much more than the Indians I know. Even in my snootily "progressive" city, I've been called "chink" and bullied due to my ethnicity.

-I can't "hide" my Chinese appearance the way my Indian, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern friends can. They can easily blend in and belong in the white landscape. There's no way I can "pass" the way these other groups can.

-East Asians are much more likely to be excluded, shunned, and bullied than Indians due to stereotypes and racism - much of what has to do with a differing physical appearance.

-There's a plethora of famous, successful Indian Americans, such as Atul Gawande, Deepak Chopra, Paul Kalanithi (RIP), Sanjay Gupta, and more. There's a whole cult of the Indian American doctor-writer. They blend into white America and marry white women. No East Asian men of similar talent and ambition can blend in and be accepted as easily.

-Indians don't face a "curry ceiling" as strongly as East Asians face a "bamboo ceiling." Indians rise up to management and CEO positions much more easily than East Asians.

-In contrast to what Monika Kothari is saying, Indian Americans are much more likely to out-marry than East Asians. East Asian men are considered unattractive and undesirable in America, while Indian men do not suffer from this terrible stigma.

-As others have said, subconsciously, Indians are considered more like "one of them" because their physical appearance is more similar to white people - facial features, eyes, build, etc. Therefore, Indian Americans are considered more attractive, treated better, hired more, respected more, promoted more, and seen more positively in general. This makes Indian Americans suffer from less depression, bullying, and exclusion than East Asians of similar intelligence, personality, education, etc.

https://www.quora.com/Do-whites-in-t...acial-features
    Indian men "EAST INDIAN "are the most rejected group in the USA lol and Latinas reject Indian men the most lol

INDIAN-AMERICAN MEN REJECTION RATE LMAOO

96.43% REJECTION RATE BY LATINAS
    96.11% REJECTION RATE BY WHITE WOMEN
    94.66% REJECTION RATE BY ASIAN WOMEN
    94.00% REJECTION RATE BY BLACK WOMEN

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    @taiji pvt msg..

i'm assuming zhouyun/shazou/selurong showed you a picture of me in my motorhome dutchstar bus..

[ checked your Pvt MSG] … I sent you my photo already.

you need to show your picture like a man.. youre face in my PVT MSG.. ill post pictures of without shades..

and to answer your question... theres triads here in NYC & in Philippines/indo-pacific... in bay area where zhouyun lives... its tongs...
    most of the drugs in Philippines & south east asia comes from Chinese triads..

rikers islands prison in new York has a few triad members in prison.
    Ironman check your PM. I'm sincerely feeling bad for messing with you and I don't know, really tired (guess all this teasing around does get old after a while). Hope you'll accept my apology, explanations and an olive branch. You don't have to accept anything, but I'll keep true to my words and leave you alone from now on.

I know, I know. As Nuwa's descendent, I must be more snake than human and in your culture, snakes are evil deceivers. But I hope you'll look past your prejudices and realize that even snakes repay kindness with kindness: https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...rom-house-fire

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Well, did you know that China is a very young nation founded only in 1949? For comparison, India was founded in 1947, and the Philippines in 1898. If China is a grown man, Philippines is an old man

If you want to anthropomorphize countries, China is best represented as a child prodigy with an ancient culture.

Philippines is best represented as an elderly person with a modern culture.

And besides all the disadvantages Zhaoyun already added, I'll further add that both India and Philippines joined the WTO since its founding in 1995 while China joined in only 2001. However, prior the predecessor of the WTO was the GATT and Philippines joined the GATT in 1979, India joined the GATT in 1948 (bolded for importance).

This means that Philippines has a 23 year head start, India has a 53 year head start over China. This is fairly evident when India and Philippines were both far richer than China in the 80s (but through your incompetence, you squandered everything).

P.S. This is also evident with your frequent and frankly xenophobic whining about chinese in Southeast Asia, including the Philippines. People don't flee into a country worse than their own and today, no mainland chinese will ever immigrate to Southeast Asia. Times have changed, the rich have become poor and the poor have become rich.
    FACTS 101:

Philippine independence is 4 July 1946 granted by united states ... july 4 was chosen date because its symbolizes the same day America gain Independence from the british..
    1898 was when America bought PHilippines, Cuba & Puerto Rico from spain… even after independence U.S still had strings attached in the Philippines for around 10-20 years.

Philippine constitutional, education system & basically everything was modelled after united states.. the philippines refused the offer to be annexed like hawaii/Alaska.

china was never a colony. China was controlled & govern by Chinese .. the only reason why china stop isolating itself was because british/French march towards ''next to'' Chinese capital to sign a surrender. ..china had hundreds years of experience governing itself, experience .. the Philippines forgot to speak their native languages/writings their identity & history... its been colony since 15 century ( thats mid-evil times with bows & arrows)

youre comparing 12 year old who just inherited a house/stocks/small business ( Philippines) … to broke 50-60 year old guy learning stock trade/real estate /learning computers to keep up with modern times...(china). the last time South east asians have govern themselves was before 15 century..( they had iron, trading networks in 15 century etc)

during 1980's philippines was still under dictator Ferdinand marcos.. and other groups who wanted to detrone the government.. it was only in the 1986 when the democracy was stored again.. by that time the economy collapse already under marcos because of ''looted gold reserves'' , he controlled the media, banks, trading rules, investors, educational system & other crap he pulled off. following president aquino there was communist uprising & other power vacuum supported by the Chinese in the 90's.. 90's to 2000s.. the American base subic navy base in philippines was closed in 1992 ending American political influence. and the Spanish language was just abolished in 1987.... while Chinese were speaking mandarin for thousands of years..

on the same period..
    1 trillion GDP china joined the WTO at year 2000 with the helped of the united states under Bill Clinton. thats when entrepreneurs flock china to set up factories to make toys, kitchen appliances & other cheap goods.. bill Clinton reasons why it would help U.S influence china , and help china move away from the soviet union model..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

When you move back to China?

You sound like another diaspora nationalist, but since you live in the USA an immigrant nation it can be forgiven
    Well you defended the chinese regime several times while enjoy the first amandment in the usa
    just ask ODIN, doggerman, Danielion, other americans smeagol, carlito, rmuller,... we all can see right through him..
    ( they will tell you their different observations)

we all see his loyalty to china over united states.... his anti-western & anti-american..
    he wants china to invade japan for payback. he wants china to surpass america & have oriental dominated world.. he wants all neighboring nations to bow & pay tribute to china.
    he brags how china would crush india.. united nations is wrong and china is right.. china owns all the oceans..

and he was lecturing me in how it would be great if china conquered the philippines in the past.
    just like how the austronesians natives of taiwan were displaced by han-chinese.
    he wants philippines to ally with china & backstab america..

deep down inside, he is still seems himself as chinese blooded whos connected with civilization of 4,000 years old..
    wrong or right... his loyalty is in china..

the reason why he cant moved back to china is because china doesnt give citzenships to overseas chinese until recently in feb
    ( when chinese government is now issuing visa).. and china overall isnt like japan..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In India it certainly works

And I boycott Chinese products whenever I can and wont support the communist regime by spend my Euros in China by visit it. The human rights situation of China is crystal clear. Maybe give Hong Kong, Xinjang, Tibet etc more autonomy or independence would outcome positively
    this is what happen..

china has civil war in WW2 with communist party under mao ( modelled after the soviet union) and KMT nationalist/republic (fled to what is taiwan today)
    china is now authorian because xi jinping was given power by the party because they are dead set in surpassing united states by 2030.
    they seek to push the unite states out of asia.. and have all us allies to bow to china through intimidation with military basses ..

those unruly, uncivlised chinese, uneducated Chinese were the product of the communist /authoritarian that won in world war 2.. where they hire an army of internet soldiers ( called 50 cent army) to control how people think & reason.. during maos time, they would destroy old traditional Chinese culture.

the product democracy/republic are hong kongers & taiwan the ones that migrated to the united states are the ones with good reputation.

S.koreans & N.koreans same race but act/think differently.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I've actually maintained my calm in this thread, but if you think I got riled up, it was less because of the India dimension and more because I recognized this as another act of instigation by Ironman using the Indians as a tool to put down Chinese people.
    you want me to quote you & Taiji past comments on Indians? …

this thread about '' WORK ENVINRONMENT'' from Chinese state media.. you never had a performance revaluation by your boss?.. youre the one with the big ego claiming Indians are not your competitors , but at the same time youre using their reputation/success in SV as your own to justify U.S government not deporting Chinese in America.. I bet you dont even know how to read computer language.

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    i think on this thread they were just retaliating to what fractal said but yeah on this forum in general I noticed the same thing. don't know why. Apparently most indian users on these anthroforums come off as trollish.
    visit other Chinese websites & say the bicycle ( made in china )I bought from Walmart didnt last 2 weeks.. and youll pick up very quickly to how people behave/react to that.. I used to be just like you..

Quote Originally Posted by Purohit ji View Post
    Why so many indian haters here? Because of fractal? Or other reason
    .. visit chinadaily.com and pakistandefense.com and see how Chinese treats Indians & see for yourself. there no different from Taiji... ( Taiji is proudly Chinese)

I owned a Asian website.. i'm fully aware how Chinese treat Indians... I know them very well..
    Last edited by 1R0N M4N XL; 06-22-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information