Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,333
    Given: 2,699

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    Hold up lol how does this even suggest Uralics enslaved Aryans?

Traditionally taken as a borrowing from the Proto-Indo-Iranian autonym *áryas, or from an earlier stage of development (practically Proto-Indo-European) *óryos, with meaning 'slave' developing in a similar way as Latin sclavus (“slave”) from Sclavus (“Slav”).[1] EVE supports this etymology and argues that the meaning "south, southener" is a parallel development from the Indo-Aryan endonym through the meaning "a people living south".[2]

They have a common root but it doesn’t mean the same thing nor does it suggest Siberian hunter-gatherers enslaved Aryans lmao
    Are all Kurds extraordinarily dumb like you and Guti? For what other reason would they borrow the word that Indo-Iranians used to refer to themselves and give it the meaning of slave, genius?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2022 @ 01:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 140

0 Not allowed!

Most of those words are the same/similar to other dialects. In fact, Feyli is classified as southern Kurmanj.

Plus - no one denies the similarities between Parthian and Kurdish. It is simply chronologically impossible for the Kurdish language to stem from Parthian.
    Parthian was derived from the Median, but maybe with some Scythian features. Later on when Kurdistan was under the Parthian rule for let say 500 years, some places in Kurdistan were influenced by the Parthian dialect and I think a split within Kurdic occurred because of the Parthian dialect.
    The split between Kurmanji and Gorani/Zazaki could have occurred because of the Parthians.

Parthian was a Western Middle Iranian language. Language contact made it share some features of the Eastern Iranian language group, the influence of which is attested primarily in loanwords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthian_language

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Lol. A Turk in some comment section or on Telegram once told me Kurds are "darker than his shit" when I implied Kurds are closer to whites because of their IE language.
    Apparently Kurds are seen as chernozhopy in Turkey.
    I don't care how dark or light Turks and Kurds are, but my people see the Turks/Tatars as subhumans. People with whom we should never mix with to downgrade our race.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Fact is that we as Aryans don't like to mix with the 'dirty' Turks. So tell me, who is considering whom of a lower race?

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Are all Kurds extraordinarily dumb like you and Guti? For what other reason would they borrow the word that Indo-Iranians used to refer to themselves and give it the meaning of slave, genius?
    Self-designated linguist are you? Lmao let me explain:

or from an earlier stage of development (practically Proto-Indo-European) *óryos, with meaning 'slave'

EVE supports this etymology and argues that the meaning "south, southener" is a parallel development from the Indo-Aryan endonym through the meaning "a people living south

According to this the term for slave developed from proto-Indo-European *Óryos. The term for southerner developed from Proto-Indo-Iranian (or Indo-Aryan as it states) *Aryas.

It doesn’t make sense for the term to develop from Proto-Indo-Iranian which is usually associated with the Sintashta - Andronovo cultures. The Sintashta are known, for example, for assimilating the neighbouring BMAC culture.
    PLUS it does not even chronologically add up. You guys were still hunter gatherers whilst we were building cities and chariots? And you think you enslaved us? Lmao

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian (privately view myself as Aryan)
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z282-YP350
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,596
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guti View Post
    I don't care how dark or light Turks and Kurds are, but my people see the Turks/Tatars as subhumans. People with whom we should never mix with to downgrade our race.

Quote Originally Posted by Guti View Post
    Fact is that we as Aryans don't like to mix with the 'dirty' Turks. So tell me, who is considering whom of a lower race?
    Turks and (Volga) Tatars don't look alike. And an average Kurd is very similar to Azerbaijanis for example. So I call bullshit on that.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,333
    Given: 2,699

0 Not allowed!

Self-designated linguist are you? Lmao let me explain:

or from an earlier stage of development (practically Proto-Indo-European) *óryos, with meaning 'slave'

EVE supports this etymology and argues that the meaning "south, southener" is a parallel development from the Indo-Aryan endonym through the meaning "a people living south

According to this the term for slave developed from proto-Indo-European *Óryos. The term for southerner developed from Proto-Indo-Iranian (or Indo-Aryan as it states) *Aryas.

It doesn’t make sense for the term to develop from Proto-Indo-Iranian which is usually associated with the Sintashta - Andronovo cultures. The Sintashta are known, for example, for assimilating the neighbouring BMAC culture.
    Source: wikipedia, LOL
    Code:

*orja can only be explained as an Indo-Iranian loan, because the word has no
    cognates in other languages of the Indo-European family.

Fi orja ‘slave’; SaN oarji ‘south; west’ (cognates in all Saami languages < PSa
    *oarjē); Md E uŕe, M uŕä ‘slave’; Ud war ‘slave, servant’
    < PU *orja ‘slave’ (UEW s.v. orja; Zhivlov 2014: 138; Aikio 2015b: 61)
    ← PII *ā́rya-, > OI ā́rya-, Av airiia-, OP ariya- (Thieme 1938; EWAia I: 174–75,
    s.v. ā́rya; Schneider 2010: 102–103)
    (Paasonen 1896: 49; Joki 1973: 297; Burrow 1976: 61; Katz 1985: 204–207; 2003: 168;
    Gamkrelidze & Ivanov 1984: 924; Rédei 1986c: 54–55; Katz 1987: 452; Szemerényi 1988:
    174–175; Lushnikova 1990; Parpola 1999: 196–197; Sammallahti 2001: 408; Holopainen
    2018b: 153–154; Kümmel 2018a) 

https://helda.helsinki.fi/bitstream/...=1&isAllowed=y

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Source: wikipedia, LOL
    Code:

*orja can only be explained as an Indo-Iranian loan, because the word has no
    cognates in other languages of the Indo-European family.

Fi orja ‘slave’; SaN oarji ‘south; west’ (cognates in all Saami languages < PSa
    *oarjē); Md E uŕe, M uŕä ‘slave’; Ud war ‘slave, servant’
    < PU *orja ‘slave’ (UEW s.v. orja; Zhivlov 2014: 138; Aikio 2015b: 61)
    ← PII *ā́rya-, > OI ā́rya-, Av airiia-, OP ariya- (Thieme 1938; EWAia I: 174–75,
    s.v. ā́rya; Schneider 2010: 102–103)
    (Paasonen 1896: 49; Joki 1973: 297; Burrow 1976: 61; Katz 1985: 204–207; 2003: 168;
    Gamkrelidze & Ivanov 1984: 924; Rédei 1986c: 54–55; Katz 1987: 452; Szemerényi 1988:
    174–175; Lushnikova 1990; Parpola 1999: 196–197; Sammallahti 2001: 408; Holopainen
    2018b: 153–154; Kümmel 2018a) 

https://helda.helsinki.fi/bitstream/...=1&isAllowed=y
    Seethe. You didn’t have an issue with the source until you realized you interpreted it incorrectly

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Guto-Medes (Aryan)
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Turks and (Volga) Tatars don't look alike. And an average Kurd is very similar to Azerbaijanis for example. So I call bullshit on that.
    I don't know if you know it, but I am from Tbilisi.

In Tbilisi, Azeris were the lowest of the lowest. Uneducated people who didn’t speak properly Georgian or Russian and who sold tomatoes on the markets. Georgians called them 'Tatari'. Georgians use/used 'Tatari' like a dirty word, similar to 'Gypsy', 'Nigger' or something.
    We Ezdi Kurds call the Azeri 'Ajam' as a swear word.

If somebody from my people would marry an Azeri that person would become ashamed big time and would be deleted from our community.

Overall, Georgians (from Tbilisi) held Ezdi Kurds in a higher regard than the Russians or Armenians let alone the Azeri. The most respectable 'wori w zakone' were the Ezdi Kurds. For a small population like us the Ezdi Kurds in the USSR countries we have relatively speaking the most higher educated people and even highly respected 'wori w zakone', after the Russians of course.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

AHAHAHAHAHA @Token you are Brazilian and you want to talk about slavery?

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread Information