Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Prizren, Kosovo described as 'Capital of Albania' by the Austrians in 1689.

I support open borders for Israel! Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-18-2024 @ 08:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    Folkhemmet (without the eugenics)
    Relationship Status
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,897/169
    Given: 12,407/127

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DamCz View Post
    Albanian villages and presence of Albanians in the area is mentioned since the medieval period of Serb occupation, not exactly the 17th century, my Serbo-Chetnik friend

16th century:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prizren
    Still trying the same game under a new name ? Where is that Dutch historian that you refered to? In your imagination ? Did you, as we say it here, "suck him out your thumb ?" (made him up). Get on with it: name, date and publication. Come on then. Chop chop !

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    09-10-2024 @ 12:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian-Messapic
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/1
    Given: 4/0

There were mentioned Albanians in this territory since the medieval period:

In 1330, Serbian king Stefan Dečanski explicitly mentioned the presence of Albanians and the Albanian names of villages in Kosovo, in particular in the districts of Prizren and that of Skopje. A chrisobull of the Serbian Tsar Stefan Dušan that was given to the Monastery of Saint Mihail and Gavril in Prizren between the years of 1348-1353 states the presence of Albanians in the vicinity of Prizren, the Dukagjin Plain and in the villages of Drenica. Within this chrisobull, nine Albanian stock-breeding villages within the vicinity of Prizren are mentioned explicitly - these villages are known with the names Gjinovci (Gjinajt), Magjerci, Bjellogllavci (Kryebardhët), Flokovci (Flokajt), Crnça, Caparci (Çaparajt), Gjonovci (Gjonajt), Shpinadinci (Shpinajt) and Novaci. Entire Albanian villages were gifted by Serbian kings, particularly Stefan Dušan, as presents to Serb monasteries within Prizren, Deçan and Tetova.[33] Additionally, people with Albanian anthroponomy are repeatedly mentioned in a 1348 chrysobull of Stefan Dušan that lists those who pray at the monastery of St. Michael and Gabriel in Prizren as well as some of the inhabitants of the city itself and the surrounding villages. In one of Stefan Dušan's documents in 1355, a soldier with Albanian anthroponomy is exclusively mentioned as one of the people who must continuously pay the Monastery of St. Nicholas in the village of Billushë near Prizren.[34] In the area of Prizren, Albanian toponyms are further recorded in the 14th and 15th century such as Rudina e Leshit, Truallishta e Gjon Bardhit, Llazi i Tanushit, Truallishta e Komanit, Shpija e Bushatit, Zhur, and Mazrek.[35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prizren

Last Online
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Lusën (Lumë), Northeastern Albania
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018>S2979>Y3183>S2972>BY5423
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Cro-Magnon (Guy in my avatar Prek Cali and Jeffrey Dean Morgan Twin)
    Hero
    Ramadan Çejku
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/2
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by C0de View Post
    It's not just the fact that this town was Albanian in the 17th century, but almost like most major towns in Kosova, Macedonia and many of these areas were in the 17th century. You forgot that part. Also references to Albanians in these areas 1200's - 1400's and countless villages. Yet I am sure you made the majority, you just got magically replaced by Albanians who somehow led some revolt against Turks

even more funny some dude who thinks he is 60% Illyrian comments in my thread with some Y-DNA I
    I am 90% illyrian

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information