Kvarner
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,422
    Given: 5,937

4 Not allowed!

Hungarians and Germans

In everyday life right now I can't answer since I live in (still) mono ethnic society. When I lived in USA, I vibed with black Americans, believe it or not. My best acquintance in school I sat with was African American girl. I didn't vibe with Latino school majority at all, except my than boyfriend who was culturally more European and avoided other Latinos.

When I was in England to learn English, my closest friend was Han Chinese girl. I would get very well with East Asians as well.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2024 @ 04:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spaniard / Ashkenazi
    Ethnicity
    Castilian / Ashkenazi
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106=>Z326
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Politics
    PANCAL
    Hero
    Spanish Conquerors
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 94

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    I assume you mean this affectionately. Isn’t your experience with them quite mixed?
    My experience with Jews is good and bad at the same time. My mother converted to the Catholic faith at a very young age and my grandfather at first disowned her and forbade my grandmother and my aunts to speak with my mother; but my birth meant family reconciliation. Although I know my grandparents love me and my siblings, I realize that we will never be on the same level as my four Jewish cousins for them. Of these four cousins, three are girls, and they are certainly detestable, I hate them. But my male cousin is a very nice guy who I hold in high esteem. As for my aunts, my relationship with them is very good.

When I go to a religious family event I avoid at all costs entering the synagogue and wearing a yarmulke, since I am firmly Catholic and I feel that I would be betraying my faith if I did that. My girl cousins make fun of me for that, even though they themselves claim to be atheists, and my brothers and I, for our part, make fun of them by telling them that they are cheap whores who will die devoured by their cats.

In general, I embrace and am proud of my Jewish genetic and cultural heritage: I will always carry in my heart the dishes my mother cooks, such as kreplakh, kasha varnishkes or matzoh soup when we are ill; but I flatly reject everything that has to do with the Jewish religion, which I consider the oldest form of Satanism that exists today.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Swamps
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,189
    Given: 1,212

4 Not allowed!

I vibe the most with other NE Euro, particularly East Slavs and Balts, and white Americans.

In undegrad my friends were mostly white American girls. We vibed on the level of make up and MadMex margaritas lol Outside of school the overwhelming majority of my friends were East Slavs with white Americans in the mix. It’s like this to this day.

I don’t play well with Latinos and southerners in general.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,873
    Given: 5,987

3 Not allowed!

Up to college i was vibing in the non whites mostly with either East Asians in classes, and Blacks, Africans or from oversea territories, lots of them in club football later on were good friends and a few still to this day. Much more rarely with North Africans. Within whites: Italians, Poles & other easterns, Iberians. Probably in this order, forgot a few Jews last, hit or miss.

Right now i would say English, Russians and some Scandos, as well as Italians since ofc they are big chunk of the population. Also all the Belgians that i can find to bully around here.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,119
    Given: 2,045

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vessna View Post
    I vibe the most with other NE Euro, particularly East Slavs and Balts, and white Americans.

In undegrad my friends were mostly white American girls. We vibed on the level of make up and MadMex margaritas lol Outside of school the overwhelming majority of my friends were East Slavs with white Americans in the mix. It’s like this to this day.

I don’t play well with Latinos and southerners in general.
    Do you find the dramatic and intense manner of many Southerners to be overwhelming as in too quickly expending your relatively limited energy as an introvert?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Swamps
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,189
    Given: 1,212

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    Do you find the dramatic and intense manner of many Southerners to be overwhelming as in too quickly expending all your limited energy as an introvert?
    Yes! That is exactly why, I get overwhelmed and exhausted. I prefer less intense interactions.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 713
    Given: 660

3 Not allowed!

From my online experience excluding TA:

Positive: Most Latin Americans independent of race (a special mention to Uruguayans and Colombians), Italians, West Slavs (with the precondition of never telling a Czech they're Eastern European), Indonesians, Chinese;

Mixed bag: White Americans (some have been really cool, others obnoxious), Germans (most are pleasant but I've met a prominent minority of insufferable vocal leftists);

Mostly negative: Mexicans, African-Americans, Portuguese, and North Africans.

Edit: there's a big contrast for Argentines between real life, where they have been nice, and online, where they can be quite cocky specially regarding football.
    Last edited by Etelfrido; 02-11-2024 at 07:37 PM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer/Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Dutch?
    Country
    South Africa
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,012
    Given: 5,295

7 Not allowed!

I get along well with English (including Australians, Canadians, and Americans and South Africans of mixed ethnicity),
    Afrikaners, Swedes, and white Latin Americans in Miami, especially Cubans.

I felt like a minor celebrity in Japan; young Japanese, especially women, were very friendly and social with me.
    Relations with Chinese and Korean Americans and Canadians are decent but never progress very far.

I also made a few good friends with Spanish in Spain and Brazilians in Brazil, though they were of German or Italian origin.
    But I mostly have difficulty in Spain and Latin America for some reason. Not in Miami though!

I tried to get along socially with mestizos (usually Mexican or Central American) in Los Angeles but I was never able to.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Colonial
    Country
    Venezuela
    Region
    Alberta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 475
    Given: 220

2 Not allowed!

I get along better with smart and kind people. They're usually enjoyable and fun to be around. Ethnicity is a silly factor for connecting with others.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Replicant
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Country
    Switzerland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 776
    Given: 662

3 Not allowed!

I tend to get along with Portuguese and Croats since elementary school (followed by people from other ex-Yu countries but to a lesser extent), as well as some Italians.

Today I could also add the Irish, Belgians, Dutch, Americans and Japanese to the list.

We have many expats here, so I have friends and colleagues from various places, but these are the ones with whom I have the most chemistry, either professionally or privately. (so far)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information