PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Croatian man killed in Ireland "for speaking Croatian" - Page 14
Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Croatian man killed in Ireland "for speaking Croatian"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,912
    Given: 11,758

0 Not allowed!

Three ethnic Serb teenagers were beaten in Croatia on 6th january on Orthodox Christmas Eve, just because they spoke Serbian.

Brutal attack on children prompted by the fact that the attackers heard one of the victims speaking Serbian.

https://glashrvatske.hrt.hr/en/polit...kovar-11275367
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,260
    Given: 12,873

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I've always read true crime. One of my favourite authors is Ann Rule and I learned a lot about Oregon and Washington from her. The best true crime book I've ever read was Helter Skelter about the Manson murders. Even the first page of that book will make you check you've shut your windows and doors. That story was frightening.
    Helter Skelter is well written but it's mostly bullshit.

I can understand you wanting to defend your countrymen but 6th place is very high. In the future, I'll be sure to ask all Australian males to keep 30 feet distance from female relatives and friends or I will shoot to kill.

All joking aside (kinda...) I would like to compare Aboriginal and Lebanese Muslim immigrants and their descendants with the Euro descended people of Australia (and break down further if possible) when it comes to not just rapes but all crimes.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,260
    Given: 12,873

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    I just have in mind that the Jews in Israel successfully re-vived Hebrew (Iwrit). Such things are possible, no matter that it may be a visionary approach. It's all a matter of determination.
    It's not real Hebrew. You're speak of a nation that has to take very different groups (Ashkenazi. Sephardic, Mizahri, etc.) with different cultural norms and make them one people. That's a unique situation. It's not a bunch of groups conforming to one group but instead a new culture being created.

monkey
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Islander
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Kvarner
    Y-DNA
    I-A5913*
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Taxonomy
    depigmented Somali
    Politics
    radical
    Hero
    my family
    Religion
    RKC
    Relationship Status
    in God's hands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,183
    Given: 5,768

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Three ethnic Serb teenagers were beaten in Croatia on 6th january on Orthodox Christmas Eve, just because they spoke Serbian.

Brutal attack on children prompted by the fact that the attackers heard one of the victims speaking Serbian.

https://glashrvatske.hrt.hr/en/polit...kovar-11275367
    Entirely incomparable since inter-ethnic incidents happen in Vukovar on almost daily basis, city is surrounded by agressive and radical Serb minority villages, and city was razed to the ground during war in Croatia by same Serbs who commited biggest war crime of entire war inside the city.

There will be no peace in Vukovar until Serb war ciminals and rapists are put on trial, and many of them work in Police to this day.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,988
    Given: 11,735

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    There has always been rapes and murders here and I remember some pretty terrible crimes from when I was very young and got interested in that sort of thing. Ireland surprisingly was a relatively very safe country and child abduction and murder was virtually unheard of. I think Ireland now is getting more violent. While Australia is a comparatively safe country even in the State I live in there has been some pretty high profile rapes and murders of young women. The Claremont serial killing and rapes and the Birnie murders are some high profile ones. It is still a relatively safe country but you wouldn't go walking around some areas at night but that is the case everywhere. Of course statistically the US leaves everyone in the shade as far as murder rates.
    Australia stands out there indeed. More than once did I read news articles of 'a Flemish tourst found death in Australia' or 'Dutchwoman gets murdered by burglar during her lifestream on camera' (never seen footage, only screenshot of her before it happened). But I think Australia is still a safe country all things considered.

That Dutchwoman got murdered by a man with 'psychological issues'. He didn't break in to rob her. He just was a nutjob who entered a house and murdered its occupant.

monkey
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Islander
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Kvarner
    Y-DNA
    I-A5913*
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Taxonomy
    depigmented Somali
    Politics
    radical
    Hero
    my family
    Religion
    RKC
    Relationship Status
    in God's hands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There was a half Croatian serial killer in Australia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Milat

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    romanian canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 182

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    There was a half Croatian serial killer in Australia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Milat
    The movie wolf's creek was kinda loosely based on him

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,522
    Given: 6,887

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    It's not real Hebrew. You're speak of a nation that has to take very different groups (Ashkenazi. Sephardic, Mizahri, etc.) with different cultural norms and make them one people. That's a unique situation. It's not a bunch of groups conforming to one group but instead a new culture being created.
    I was told by an knowledgeable Israeli Jew that it is essentially Hebrew. I can not assess it on my own. Of course, it's not one-to-one what was spoken 2000 years ago. But neither the need for such a re-vival nor if you can compare the situation with Ireland is my point. My point is simply that you can do it if you really want. A more comparable but also less successful thing is the introduction of Nynorsk https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nynorsk in Norway. Just a minor proportion of the population was behind this idea. As long as you leave open the possibility to go on with the more easy thing (English in Ireland and Bokmĺl in Norway) such an undertaking will have no success. Hence English will have to be perspectively banned as an administrational language if there shall be a substantial result.
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2024 @ 04:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,399
    Given: 3,080

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    We should thank Kess for this insightful article that states the following:

Out of 27 nations Ireland is ranked the second safest nation but... you know, food delivery driver riders from Brazil and whatever are scared. I guess they'd be better off in a nation ranked less safe.

Thank you, Kess, for inadvertently answering everyone's question on how safe Ireland may be. Second out of all UN members is an accomplishment. We should all admire the Irish for their peaceful ways and not think the unfortunate murder of a Croatian man signifies a greater problem since it's an unfortunate anomaly.
    You fool no one claimed Ireland is an unsafe country ridden with crime. I'm tired of you misrepresenting me.

Food delivery drivers reflect their experiences, which may differ from broader statistical measures like the Global Peace Index.

"One of the first things any new delivery rider gets from their colleagues when they start the job in Dublin is a list of areas to avoid."

Since they avoid certain areas to minimize the risk of trouble, how can they report a crime there?

This article highlights specific challenges faced by delivery riders such bike theft.*

"Riders have reported incidents of stolen bikes to the Garda, but they say the investigation and recovery processes are too slow, given that the bicycles are a key part of their employment."

They say even if they report the crime, police does nothing.

"Kewen says his bike was stolen from his garage in Dublin 8. He later found it being sold on Facebook Marketplace. He and a group of other riders later recovered the bike themselves because “gardaí did nothing”."

“Usually to recover the bikes it is through fights, discussions.”

Since police does nothing they claim that they recover bikes through fights and discussions. Do you think these incidents are usually reported?

Here's another issue they claim to have due to country's laws:

"He says gardaí seem to be powerless to deal with troublemakers. “There are actions that they cannot go to because the law prevents it. You have to read that clause in the law that says how they have to act in this situation... There are situations that the police cannot do against minors,” he says."

You slow, lazy, old man, did you read the other article I posted?

https://migrant-integration.ec.europ...iour-social_en

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...ncil-1.2978528

If there is no racism and xenophobia problem to some extent as I claimed, why does this research suggest below?

"The study recommends:

the government to introduce hate crime legislation that would offer adequate legislative protection from verbal and physical abuse based on ethnic, religious and cultural background,
    local authority staff to be trained to understand racism and racially motivated antisocial behaviour and its impact on victims, as well as to know how to respond appropriately and effectively,
    greater collaboration between local authorities and guards to investigate and take complaints seriously,
    data collection on the ethnic composition of social housing tenants."

monkey
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Islander
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Kvarner
    Y-DNA
    I-A5913*
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Taxonomy
    depigmented Somali
    Politics
    radical
    Hero
    my family
    Religion
    RKC
    Relationship Status
    in God's hands
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Ireland is woke, I wouldn't take accusations of racism seriously. Irish are generally relaxed and friendly folks

I just think there is problem with more trashy locals than average (travellers and youth gangs) compared to mainland Europe, just like UK, and they tend to make troubles. Mass influx of foreigners is additionaly worsening that.

Ireland was homogenous and traditional until very recent and now they are ongoing population replacement plus housing shortage.

Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information