British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,373
    Given: 1,233

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    I have known quite a few Punjabis, light eyes are not that uncommon and i worked with a fella who had blue-green eyes, i think Sikhs especially are quite distinct from other Indians and light eyes are not rare.
    In any case, 70% of KPK pashtuns were white skinned.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkiirs View Post
    Other studies involving the classification of eye color based on detailed photographs found a much lower percentage of brown eyes than what would be found with traditional scaled observations. Much of eyes that may appear pure brown have a marginal lighter element if examined closely. A Spanish study (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19551689/) found only 28.3% brown eyes and a high 55.2% hazel-green. Even in the Catalan Pyrenees valleys under Santiago Alcobé pure brown eyes did not reach nearly this low. The deviation from previous scaled data is likely explained by near pure brown eyes being counted as dark hazel. Similar borderline shades may have also been counted as intermediate instead of pure brown here.

As for the blue in this study, it clearly included light mixed eyes as category B based on the example photographs. The 15% may thus be similar to 1a - 6 on the Martin-Schultz scale in which case is about twice that found in Kāfiristān in the Albert Herrlich study. Nuristanis being darker eyed than Punjabis in particular seems quite odd. Perhaps predominantly dark blue-brown eyes were counted differently.
    Yes, some studies are way too lenient in classifying irises as intermediate imo. For instance, this study done on 58 Iraqis classified these irises as intermediate ".

ban phim tieng viet

The other studies I mentioned had a much stricter criteria.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,579
    Given: 5,969

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Yes, some studies are way too lenient in classifying irises as intermediate imo. For instance, this study done on 58 Iraqis classified these irises as intermediate ".

ban phim tieng viet

There was one study that said the Irish had a 0.5% percentage of pure brown eyes when obviously it is at least 10 times higher than that, i imagine that study would have marked the eyes in the pics above as "mixed"

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Weaner
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 2,064

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post

ban phim tieng viet

Those eyes are technically dark-mixed. Even the darkest eyed West Eurasians have a notable incidence of at least Martin #5. If those shades are counted as intermediate instead of brown it could often increase that category considerably. When carefully examining high-quality photographs under standard conditions it is easy to distinguish dark-hazel and pure brown more so than in a traditional live setting.

If they are going to include only pure brown eyes as dark, they should also only include pure light eyes as light. They clearly included lighter mixed eyes based on the photographs. About 5% pure light was found among 275 Katir Nuristanis under Albert Herrlich and it should not be vastly higher in Punjabis.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Weaner
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 2,064

2 Not allowed!

There was one study that said the Irish had a 0.5% percentage of pure brown eyes when obviously it is at least 10 times higher than that, i imagine that study would have marked the eyes in the pics above as "mixed"
    Perhaps 0.5% of Irish have darker brown eyes Martin #1-3. Helen Dawson found an extreme difference for pure brown eyes (5.8% vs 0.5%) in West Coast Irish females compared to males under Dupertuis that could only be explained by different standards. Pure brown eyes Martin #1-4 do not reach 0.5% in even the lightest featured Europeans. Norwegians are lighter eyed than all nations of the British Isles and Bryn found 1.5% #1-4 in his survey of recruits. Insular Celts have a stronger tendency towards deep blue vs greyish blue eyes, but that is not necessarily matter of pigmentation but other factors like collagen. In terms of Martin #12-16 or Bunak #9-12 Norwegians are clearly lighter eyed than the Irish. 72.4% Martin #12-16 blue/grey eyes according to Bryn is actually quite high for the British Isles. Other Nordic countries are at least 60% pure light.

It appears that the British Isles may not only be relatively dark for their latitude in hair color. It may also be true to some extent for eye color. The British Isles are lighter eyed than most Europeans but the Nordic region is above average by an extreme margin.
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 05-22-2024 at 03:39 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Those eyes are technically dark-mixed. Even the darkest eyed West Eurasians have a notable incidence of at least Martin #5. If those shades are counted as intermediate instead of brown it could often increase that category considerably. When carefully examining high-quality photographs under standard conditions it is easy to distinguish dark-hazel and pure brown more so than in a traditional live setting.

If they are going to include only pure brown eyes as dark, they should also only include pure light eyes as light. They clearly included lighter mixed eyes based on the photographs. About 5% pure light was found among 275 Katir Nuristanis under Albert Herrlich and it should not be vastly higher in Punjabis.
    That Nuristani study is just one study done a very long time ago, a more recent study done on Pashtuns in Swat KPK found 9.4% pure light eyes among 267 individuals. I know for certain they did not include light mixed as light since it was observed + DNA based around Irisplex . So they were extra caution in only including pure light .

Only 3 from above was classified as blue, the rest were brown or intermediate .

The other study done on Malakand division in KPK found around 9% light eyes, the sample size was 150 individuals. Now if you remove the 20 individuals from the sample who were from Chitral( non pashtuns northern Pakistanis) the pure light eyes percentage increases to 10%.
    Last edited by Avicenna; 05-22-2024 at 10:31 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A greek study looking at 150 individuals

The top row was light , middle row medium and bottom row dark

It even tells you what percentage they scored for each iris colour

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...k_young_adults

In my opinion anything 17 and above is brown.

Percentages for hair colour

Last edited by Avicenna; 05-22-2024 at 12:45 PM.

Blondes, Guns & Stars and Stripes, Jesus and Bacon
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Multieverything
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Politics
    Hardliner, Law & Order, Clerical-Fascism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,554
    Given: 59,431

1 Not allowed!

Perhaps 0.5% of Irish have darker brown eyes Martin #1-3. Helen Dawson found an extreme difference for pure brown eyes (0.5% vs 5.8%) in West Coast Irish females compared to males under Dupertuis that could only be explained by different standards. Pure brown eyes Martin #1-4 do not reach 0.5% in even the lightest featured Europeans. Norwegians are lighter eyed than all nations of the British Isles and Bryn found 1.5% #1-4 in his survey of recruits. Insular Celts have a stronger tendency towards deep blue vs greyish blue eyes, but that is not necessarily matter of pigmentation but other factors like collagen. In terms of Martin #12-16 or Bunak #9-12 Norwegians are clearly lighter eyed than the Irish. 72.4% Martin #12-16 blue/grey eyes according to Bryn is actually quite high for the British Isles. Other Nordic countries are at least 60% pure light.

It appears that the British Isles may not only be relatively dark for their latitude in hair color. It may also be true to some extent for eye color. The British Isles are lighter eyed than most Europeans but the Nordic region is above average by an extreme margin.
    You know alot about such things bro
    The Roma spirit, free and strong, In every heartbeat, in every song.
    Through fields and forests, roads unplanned, They roam the world, a nomad band. Beautiful women, heroic men, In the Roma, life’s magic begins again.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." (John 10:10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalslavic View Post
    As a woman I find those pretty curly haired tan Mediterranean men with muscular asses hard enough to resist. I can't imagine how much worse this would be if I was a man.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 203

0 Not allowed!

KPK includes chitral too. How do we know many werent also kho's, who are often mixed with pamiris? I'm just asking this to be sure

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
    KPK includes chitral too. How do we know many werent also kho's, who are often mixed with pamiris? I'm just asking this to be sure
    What study are you talking about? The first one? Chitral is only one of many district's of KPK. I don't know why that should concern you. KPK also has hindkos, why don't you mention that?

In another study I posted, the Chitral district actually brought the average down, out of 20 individuals only 1 had intermediate eyes. No blue eyes.

I should have been clearer, the first study looks at KPK, not only pashtuns but possibly the vast majority of the KPK participants would have self identified as pashtun. In any case Khos make up 1% of the KPK population . ( 414,000 out of 40 million people).
    Last edited by Avicenna; 05-22-2024 at 02:20 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information