Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Albanian from Okshtuni Vogel, Diber, Albania
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L1029* (terminal founder clade not yet defined)
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Non Denominational Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 1,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    It seems to have come with them into the Balkans but then developed in isolation from the other clades
    Likely, but uncertain. Time will tell. If NGS really becomes 100 dollars, that will make some huge strides. I know I would start testing more family lol.

Assuming it came with Avaro-Slavs invading Byzantium, the likely tribes were the Baiounitai and or the Dragouvitai. The Baiounitai settled in Epirus around Janina up to Central Albania(they would be the likeliest) and the Dragouvitai in Macedonia, NE Greece. Interestingly the Koci clan was supposedly from Janina or around there, before moving to West Macedonia(where it probably spilled over into Diber, Albania).

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Japhethite: Indoeuropean. Sarmatian. Poldeutsch.
    Ancestry
    Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom.
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Christian Yahwism aka Arianism.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,490
    Given: 10,741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Well, A good part of Belarus, Poland, and Russia(near Urals) is considered a hotspot of Proto-Baltic settlement.
    Yes, but it doesn;t mean, that she knew about haplogroups as you sugessted

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

1 Not allowed!

Likely, but uncertain. Time will tell. If NGS really becomes 100 dollars, that will make some huge strides. I know I would start testing more family lol.

Assuming it came with Avaro-Slavs invading Byzantium, the likely tribes were the Baiounitai and or the Dragouvitai. The Baiounitai settled in Epirus around Janina up to Central Albania(they would be the likeliest) and the Dragouvitai in Macedonia, NE Greece. Interestingly the Koci clan was supposedly from Janina or around there, before moving to West Macedonia(where it probably spilled over into Diber, Albania).
    What about the Pershpalaj, are you gonna test them? And do you still think that the Koçi in Dibra descend from them?
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-29-2018 @ 05:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkanik
    Ethnicity
    Albanian - Dibran
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox - Spiritualistic Kind
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 298

1 Not allowed!

What about the Pershpalaj, are you gonna test them? And do you still think that the Koçi in Dibra descend from them?
    My opinion is that Koci are too spread out to have come from somewhere. Not to say that it isn't true. Just that its more probable that they didn't come from somewhere, then having come from somewhere. At least not in the past 500 years. There is also the possibility that not all Koci are related, as Dibran explained once. This was apparently a title. Although this is definitely also a probability, I think it is unlikely as well.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CabOOM View Post
    My opinion is that Koci are too spread out to have come from somewhere. Not to say that it isn't true. Just that its more probable that they didn't come from somewhere, then having come from somewhere. At least not in the past 500 years. There is also the possibility that not all Koci are related, as Dibran explained once. This was apparently a title. Although this is definitely also a probability, I think it is unlikely as well.
    Yh, Koci is just a military title used by the Ottomans iirc. I was referring to the oral story that Dibran's family have which states that they come from the Pershpalaj of Mirdita

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 10:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Supposedly(per Trojet if I recall), someone claiming to belong to the fis Pershpalaj tested R1b. If this is in fact true, then it had to be a woman who married in. The other possibility(if we do come from them) is that it had to be a type of adopting. I remember reading it was common place in Mirdit for surviving members of allied houses that were wiped out(due to blood feuds) were adopted into an ally house. This is another scenario but I think less likely. We are most likely connected to the Koci of Epirus that moved to west Macedonia, and then into Diber. Because, todays Macedonian Koci are part of our Fis(though most of them are in Diber Vogel and Tirana).

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, Koci in West Macedonia(where the Koci Epirus settled), and Koci in Albania(Diber Vogel and Central Albania), including some of our line that went to Arbanas in Bulgaria, and Istanbul in Turkey(17-1800s) are all part of our Fis. Koci outside of the aforementioned locations may or may not have anything to do with us.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-29-2018 @ 05:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkanik
    Ethnicity
    Albanian - Dibran
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox - Spiritualistic Kind
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 298

0 Not allowed!

Well, Koci in West Macedonia(where the Koci Epirus settled), and Koci in Albania(Diber Vogel and Central Albania), including some of our line that went to Arbanas in Bulgaria, and Istanbul in Turkey(17-1800s) are all part of our Fis. Koci outside of the aforementioned locations may or may not have anything to do with us.
    I agree with you about Koci in Diber Vogel and Macedonia. I'm not entirely confident of Epirus. Although I know it is a possibility. Another fis in our area, the Cami fis(just as big as Koci)also have some distant theories of having come from Epirus. Cameria to be exact. If it is true, I imagine their first line would have come as soldiers for Skenderbeu. This is all undocumented though. Just a wild theory. Now that I think about it, there is also a large fis, Duka. Duka exists in Laberia and not so much in Diber.
    From our area they went to Arbanas and also Ukraine. They formed the Arberesh communities there, along with communities from Korca, Ohri, and Carmenika.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I agree with you about Koci in Diber Vogel and Macedonia. I'm not entirely confident of Epirus. Although I know it is a possibility. Another fis in our area, the Cami fis(just as big as Koci)also have some distant theories of having come from Epirus. Cameria to be exact. If it is true, I imagine their first line would have come as soldiers for Skenderbeu. This is all undocumented though. Just a wild theory. Now that I think about it, there is also a large fis, Duka. Duka exists in Laberia and not so much in Diber.
    From our area they went to Arbanas and also Ukraine. They formed the Arberesh communities there, along with communities from Korca, Ohri, and Carmenika.
    3 of my cousins are Cami from their mothers side

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There are no Koci left in Epirus. They went to Western Macedonia, per records. Also L1029 is more common in Epirus and northern Greek R1a where Baiounitai settled. Around Janina specifically(oddly enough this is where they were from too). As for the Duka, we are intermarried with some. There was also a Doukas that ruled in Moldova, after Vasil Kocis son lost power. Doukas married Vasil Lupu Koci's daughter. The same Doukas was supposedly from either Epirus or Macedonia. Maybe thats a connection for Duka?

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread Information