PDA

View Full Version : What grinds your gears?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Grumpy Cat
02-12-2011, 02:12 AM
When I'm heading home and really have to use the washroom, and I hit every red light on the way there, including the long one a block from my house.

Radojica
02-12-2011, 02:16 AM
There's no candies when I am dying to eat them :cry:

Gaztelu
02-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Police that run from criminals

The Lawspeaker
02-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Police that run from criminals
I believe that they should do the same thing to such people as what one does with soldiers that are cowards in the face of enemy because it's essentially the same thing.

rustyshiv
02-12-2011, 03:35 AM
People that have the last name "Black", but they're actually white

People that have the last name "White", but they're actually black

People that have the last name "Brown", but they're not mixed:confused:

anonymaus
02-12-2011, 03:37 AM
People that have the last name Jew and aren't J... wait.

Grumpy Cat
02-12-2011, 03:39 AM
People that have the last name "Black", but they're actually white

People that have the last name "White", but they're actually black

People that have the last name "Brown", but they're not mixed:confused:

Try having a surname that is more common among the black population in your city than the white population and not being black or having any black blood. Showing up for job interviews and seeing the looks on their faces is hilarious!

It's worse for my cousin Tyrone, though. :D

rustyshiv
02-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Having a name like Homeboy Mcjewesstein:(

Grumpy Cat
02-12-2011, 03:43 AM
I should say I do that all the time, too, though. I'll get a resume from a guy, assume he's from a certain race and when he shows up to the interview, he is not.

Like a lot of East Indians I have met with English-sounding names, and also Portuguese-sounding ones as well, so I naturally assume they are white... even ran into a white guy with an Arab sounding name (he was Bosniak, I guess?) once and was like O_o

I also have a friend who married a white guy with the last name Wong. That'll throw you off.

Aemma
02-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Having a name like Homeboy Mcjewesstein:(

I thought you were Billy Bob? :confused:

rustyshiv
02-12-2011, 03:49 AM
I thought you were Billy Bob? :confused:

I'm Billy Bob on the weekdays when I'm with my family in Texas.

I'm Homeboy Mcjewesstein when I go to Florida on the weekends to visit my 2nd wife in kids.

I might change my name to Muhamed Allah Muhemed if I ever decide for a third.

Aemma
02-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Trying to keep up with people's online names! :P :D

Oh and names such as Beverley and Evelyn used for a boy.

Grumpy Cat
02-12-2011, 04:01 AM
My hair. It's driving me nuts and i want to get it cut, but I'm letting it grow.

jerney
02-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Just another day in my life. Compounded by the fact that I keep up with the old Sting-rule.

"A gentleman will walk but never run."

I don't see why I should run in order not to miss a bus or train when it makes me look like a complete idiot. There is always another one.

well, if I didn't have classes scheduled at a particular time, I wouldn't really care, but I do and I hate being late, so I'd rather look like an idiot running to the bus than the one walking into class late :p

The Lawspeaker
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I couldn't care less when I arrived late. "Alright.. sorry. Missed the bus."
Civis sits at his desk and ignores the storm of criticism.

Ah those were the days :P

Grumpy Cat
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
"Men" who beat women.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/14/exp.jvm.wife.tortured.hln?hpt=Mid

Sickening. He should be killed.

"Men" who insult women as well.

Cato
02-15-2011, 06:12 PM
"Men" who beat women.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/14/exp.jvm.wife.tortured.hln?hpt=Mid

Sickening. He should be killed.

"Men" who insult women as well.

Ditto.

Grumpy Cat
02-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Ditto.

He also abused his children and dog. That's also low. Abusing those weaker than him. Pick on someone your own size.

Cato
02-15-2011, 06:32 PM
He also abused his children and dog. That's also low. Abusing those weaker than him. Pick on someone your own size.

Big Bubba'll abuse him and make him a prison bitch, no worries.

Abusive men don't last long in the slammer; it's kind of a prison code of justice to turn abusers, molesters, rapists, etc. into bitches. That's why you tend to find these lowbrows in solitary or protected custody- they're marked men in genpop, marked for abuse at the hands of the "honorable" criminals.

Allenson
02-15-2011, 07:08 PM
People who waste precious time. I calculated that my coworker spends 8.3 days (24 hour days, meaning--not just work days) per year here in the office where she's not officially here, not getting paid, simply because she has nothing else to do with herself.

It's rather sad, really.

Grumpy Cat
02-15-2011, 07:10 PM
People who waste precious time. I calculated that my coworker spends 8.3 days (24 hour days, meaning--not just work days) per year here in the office where she's not officially here, not getting paid, simply because she has nothing else to do with herself.

It's rather sad, really.

Huh? She shows up early and hangs out???

Anyways.. another gear-grinder. Why do people on other forums get all butthurt when you thank a post they don't like? They need Valium or something.

anonymaus
02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
People who like what I don't like.

Why do people on other forums get all butthurt when you thank a post they don't like?

http://i.imgur.com/UWEaj.jpg

Grumpy Cat
02-15-2011, 07:44 PM
People who like what I don't like.

http://i.imgur.com/UWEaj.jpg

Well, I have to shamefully admit, I am like that with people. I mean, I don't show it outright but I don't like it when my friends are friendly with people I don't like. I usually just brood about it in silence instead of lashing out, though.

There are very few people I dislike, though, in real life or online. You have to be a real douche for me to dislike you. I can even count on one hand the people in the anthroforum world I don't like.

Tom Cat
02-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Being an initially unsuspecting member of a forum where you discover that the proprietor entertains the delusional misconception they own your mind, body, and soul. They even go so far as to stalk you wherever you can be located online... This kind of crap really grinds my gears.

In the real world, I'd put these psycho creeps behind bars. :mad:

Grumpy Cat
02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Being an initially unsuspecting member of a forum where you discover that the proprietor entertains the delusional misconception they own your mind, body, and soul. They even go so far as to stalk you wherever you can be located online... This kind of crap really grinds my gears.

In the real world, I'd put these psycho creeps behind bars. :mad:

Just post some scary/creepy/offputting stuff that will freak them out.

Allenson
02-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Huh? She shows up early and hangs out???

Yup. :scratch:

Tom Cat
02-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Just post some scary/creepy/offputting stuff that will freak them out.

I've already employed the tactic you suggested in a subtle manner so as not to make myself appear to be a lunatic. But these dweebs still occassionally make their unwelcome presence known to me at various online sites I belong to.

Grumpy Cat
02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Yup. :scratch:

I used to do that at an old job... well, mainly because I still lived with my mother back then and she drove me nuts (she still does drive me nuts, actually).

Cato
02-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Living life and feeling like I'm sweeping coal vents. :grumpy:

Aemma
02-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Icy sidewalks! Near killed myself walking my dog today.

Furtive Feline
02-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Yeah, ice and I don't set along either.

But what really grinds my gears, is when someone at work says "That"s not my job."

Grumpy Cat
02-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Icy sidewalks! Near killed myself walking my dog today.

Me, snow. There is just too much snow.

And heartburn. Ugh.

Furtive Feline
02-16-2011, 04:06 AM
I can handle the snow,it's the ice that scares me.

Grumpy Cat
02-16-2011, 04:11 AM
I can handle the snow,it's the ice that scares me.

Yeah I hate having the shovel it.

Worse when the ice is under the snow and you slip while holding a shovel full of snow. :mad:

But yeah, ice sucks. I couple years ago, I slipped on ice and landed right on the back of my head. It was weird, I went to the grocery store to buy things and I couldn't remember the PIN number to my debit card so I had to use credit, also couldn't string a sentence together in English... so I decided to go to the ER and there I couldn't remember my own phone number, my mother's phone number, or address and I couldn't speak English to the nurse... and yeah people who have heard me on Skype know I speak English like a native speaker, so yeah, I had a bad concussion.

Furtive Feline
02-16-2011, 04:17 AM
I walked out my front door, slipped on the steps, and broke my knee. That was couple of years ago, now I'm waiting for surgery. Which I do not want to go through.:(

Grumpy Cat
02-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Well for my heartburn, I didn't have any antacids and the store is closed, so I tried drinking water with baking soda...

... that is very gross, so I decided to put some rooibos in there for flavour, which resulted in happenings reminiscent of 8th grade science class.

The Ripper
02-16-2011, 05:31 AM
The snow, the ice, I can handle it. Its the bitter cold that is getting me. It has been below -20 celsius for a few days now, and public transport is a bitch. Having to stand an extra 15 minutes on the bus stop is no treat when the wind is blowing into your face, making the tempretature felt on your cheecks closer to -30.

Grumpy Cat
02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
When the Internet dies at work when I'm in the middle of doing something.

Now I am at home, trying to catch up. It's a beautiful winter night, only -8, I'd rather be skating.

The Ripper
02-16-2011, 09:34 PM
3rd world immigration burdening mah welfare!

Grumpy Cat
02-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Finicky VPN connections.

Germanicus
02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
People who get positions of authority who would not last an hour in my world.:mad:

Peerkons
02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Public transport.
Always there is some one who stinks. Or talks.
And Internet Estonians.

Radojica
02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Serbian youth which is listening to this shit of the music

L5pqWUi0fhY

:angry: I would rip of their heads for their bad taste and ignorance :mad:

Eliades
02-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Serbian youth which is listening to this shit of the music

L5pqWUi0fhY

:angry: I would rip of their heads for their bad taste and ignorance :mad:

It's ok, but only because the girl is hot. imo.

Bloodeagle
02-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Gestational Diabetes.

Cato
02-17-2011, 02:47 AM
When it's dead at work and a 9-hour day seems to be a 19-hour day because time appears to go by so slowly.

Äike
02-17-2011, 01:19 PM
And Internet Estonians.

If you dislike me so much, then why do you join more forums where I am active with only one goal to insult me in the negative reputation points?

People who say that Estonians aren't Estonians, grind my gears.

Wyn
02-17-2011, 01:35 PM
And Internet Estonians.

You take it all too far, to be honest. Everyone loves winding up Karl a little every now and then, but you're developing an obsession. :thumb001:

Wölfin
02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Being sedated and drugged up on painkillers and having to take them every 4-6 hours and taking the antibiotics every 8 hours.
I don't get any sleep.

Grumpy Cat
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM
The vending machine at work.

I was hungry, so I got a bag of chips.

This happened:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7117&stc=1&d=1297991861

After shaking the vending machine for about 10 minutes, I decided to cut my losses, put another dollar in, and this happened:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7118&stc=1&d=1297991861

Yeah, what a pissoff. :mad:

Aemma
02-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Starting a thread only for it to get derailed by obnoxious idiots on the first post. People annoy the fuck out of me by times.

Äike
02-18-2011, 05:42 PM
You take it all too far, to be honest. Everyone loves winding up Karl a little every now and then, but you're developing an obsession. :thumb001:

As a civilized person, I do not get any enjoyment from winding up other people. Only psychotic manipulators "love" to wind up other individuals.

People like you just reduce the quality of this forum.

The Lawspeaker
02-18-2011, 06:10 PM
People that post on a nationalistic/preservationist forum but are against any form of welfare or help for their kinfolk who have fallen on hard times and still call themselves patriots. Ever heard of a "people's community" ?.

I believe that these people are no nationalists or patriots but just people with a chip on their shoulder against people with a different skin colour as well as against anything that smells "leftish" or "social" (without knowing what it actually means - only adding to their uselessness) as opposed to nationalists that wish to preserve their own kinfolk.

Gaztelu
02-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Getting killed in Black Ops.

Grumpy Cat
02-20-2011, 07:01 PM
The either antifa or Zionist members who pretend to be hardcore racists, posting sick and inflammatory shit, on this forum to undermine it and the cause of European preservation in general.

Bloodeagle
02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
The increasing costs of fuel oil. :(

Gaztelu
02-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Die-hard anti-Zionists

Tom Cat
02-20-2011, 09:53 PM
K-12 teachers, college professors, LEOs, judges, employers, and anyone else in a position of authority who enjoys inflicting their irrelevant opinions on their captive audience need to face disciplinary action for the first offense, and punitive action thereafter

I operate strictly by the book in the real world. And I wish everyone else would too. It makes daily life so much easier.

Loddfafner
02-22-2011, 01:48 AM
People who cannot pass a Turing test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test).

Aemma
02-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Along the same lines, reverse Turing tests aka CAPTCHA. I find them a pain in the neck to be honest.

CAPTCHA is a form of reverse Turing test. Before being allowed to perform some action on a website, the user is presented with alphanumerical characters in a distorted graphic image and asked to type them out. This is intended to prevent automated systems from being used to abuse the site. The rationale is that software sufficiently sophisticated to read and reproduce the distorted image accurately does not exist (or is not available to the average user), so any system able to do so is likely to be a human.

Software that can reverse CAPTCHA with some accuracy by analyzing patterns in the generating engine is being actively developed.

Cato
02-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Along the same lines, reverse Turing tests aka CAPTCHA. I find them a pain in the neck to be honest.

I hate it when you input the same captcha 10+ times and it keeps failing you. :eek:

Brynhild
02-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Telephone companies who are still unable to fix the problems with our phone line! It's been an ongoing problem for some years now and they're the first to blame anyone but themselves for it.

Grumpy Cat
02-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Dosing off with the TV on and waking up in a fog to a commercial that starts with: "Relax, sit down, you've got Preparation H!"

Adalwolf
02-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Deluded feminists.

Grumpy Cat
02-22-2011, 05:22 AM
My ethic group has gotten two massive slaps in the face in the last week. I really have a love-hate relationship with Nova Scotia. :coffee:

Bloodeagle
02-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Ysearch's Captcha word challenges, required between every search on their site. :mad:

Yes, I hate them too! ;)

Don
02-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Phone companies that insidiously call me hiding their number (probably to avoid showing the number is from somewhere in America) and disturb me with propaganda with a sudaca speaker (for spaniards, as you already know, their voices and version of spanish, in particular a castilian, are disturbing and irritating).

Some of them even try to control their pronunciations and imitate a true castilian, knowing this previous fact.

It is still more ridiculous for a spaniard listener.

The sad thing is that the main companies that does that is spanish. Telefónica.

Furtive Feline
02-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Don't you hate it when you bite your lip while eating. Well I sure do.

And, if that isn't bad enough, I've bit the same spot five times, so far, because of the swelling caused by the first bite. :mad:

Tom Cat
02-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Unruly children who are allowed to disrupt the otherwise peaceful atmosphere of public places, such as restaurants, for example. :mad:

If I would have even thought about misbehaving in such an inconsiderate manner as a child, my parents would have set me straight in a heartbeat.

Eldritch
02-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I must admit that the phrase "to be honest" grinds my gears a bit. Now, I know full well that Anglos and Anglophones who use it, don't use it to mean, "otherwise I am dishonest all the time", but I still cannot help being taken aback for half a second every time I hear it.

Gaztelu
02-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Stains on white shirts

The Lawspeaker
02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
I must admit that the phrase "to be honest" grinds my gears a bit. Now, I know full well that Anglos and Anglophones who use it, don't use it to mean, "otherwise I am dishonest all the time", but I still cannot help being taken aback for half a second every time I hear it.
Then you could have the same problem with some Dutch as the phrases eerlijk gezegd (said honestly) and als ik heel eerlijk ben (to be very honest) are also used here.

jerney
02-23-2011, 04:38 AM
When I see 11 year olds with iPhones and other ridiculously priced phones. I don't even see why an 11 year old needs any cellphone, let alone some $500 one. The whole claim about parents wanting to "keep in contact" with their kid is bullshit to me. My whole generation and all the ones before it managed to survive adolescence without cellphones and so did all the parents.

Gaztelu
02-23-2011, 05:03 AM
When I see 11 year olds with iPhones and other ridiculously priced phones. I don't even see why an 11 year old needs any cellphone, let alone some $500 one. The whole claim about parents wanting to "keep in contact" with their kid is bullshit to me. My whole generation and all the ones before it managed to survive adolescence without cellphones and so did all the parents.

You don't know ridiculous. My mother's friend's kids (aged 3, 5, and 7) all have Androids and iPhones.

jerney
02-23-2011, 05:08 AM
You don't know ridiculous. My mother's friend's kids (aged 3, 5, and 7) all have Androids and iPhones.

That's actually really pathetic. It reminds me of a friend I have who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars on clothes for her 4 year old. The kid doesn't give a fuck about these expensive clothes or "kids fashion", it's all for its mother to show off her kid. I feel sorry for the superficial environment the kids going to grow up in

Gaztelu
02-23-2011, 05:19 AM
That's actually really pathetic.

Well, at least the friend received for free, but even then, the 3-year-old spends half of his time awake watching videos on YouTube, then goes crazy when he is interrupted. It's ridiculous.

la bombe
02-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Well, at least the friend received for free, but even then, the 3-year-old spends half of his time awake watching videos on YouTube, then goes crazy when he is interrupted. It's ridiculous.

Wow, that's sick! And really bad for a child's development. What irresponsible parenting.

Curtis24
02-23-2011, 05:26 AM
Research papers :(

Piparskeggr
02-26-2011, 12:01 AM
People who cannot pass a Turing test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test).

There are day when I do not... :D

Don
02-26-2011, 12:05 AM

When I said in this same thread in a previous post "Bad Parents.", I was thinking about this kind.

The children need food, water, love and LIMITS.
Most of bad parents are that because forget about the last need.

Tom Cat
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad25/GarethLeeHunter/Miscellaneous/88A.jpg

Encountering this kind of smug elitism in a member of any species anywhere at anytime really boils my blood. :mad:

Grumpy Cat
02-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Storms that start as snow, turn to freezing rain, then to rain, then back to freezing rain, then back to snow.

Cato
02-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Dirty, disgusting neighbors.

The Lawspeaker
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Listening to a classical concert when some loud-mouthed narrator suddenly begins to narrate the piece about "how important the piece was in musical history". As if I didn't know- punkhead.

Gaztelu
02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Dogs that steal hamburgers

Cato
02-27-2011, 07:22 PM

Then said canines need to know who the pack alpha is, a being with two legs rather than four. :) Properly-trained canines will wait to be fed by the alpha... Most humans indulge their dogs rather than treating them as the betas that they, by nature, are.

Wyn
02-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Unruly children who are allowed to disrupt the otherwise peaceful atmosphere of public places, such as restaurants, for example. :mad:

Ah, I miss being a kid. :cool:

What grinds my gears: When software starts lagging.

Properly-trained canines will wait to be fed by the alpha... Most humans indulge their dogs rather than treating them as the betas that they, by nature, are.

When my grandmother's eating dinner her dog basically puts its face on the tray. It's disgusting.

The Lawspeaker
02-27-2011, 07:27 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xVYjgDk9WP4/R1GLASCj7BI/AAAAAAAAAA0/jCdKp4I6D60/s1600-R/HotDogs.jpg

:coffee:

Gaztelu
02-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Then said canines need to know who the pack alpha is, a being with two legs rather than four. :) Properly-trained canines will wait to be fed by the alpha... Most humans indulge their dogs rather than treating them as the betas that they, by nature, are.

Yeah, my friend really needs to better train her dog.

Groenewolf
02-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Listening to a classical concert when some loud-mouthed narrator suddenly begins to narrate the piece about "how important the piece was in musical history". As if I didn't know- punkhead.

Radio? It seems to pretty standard for people working for radio-stations to do such things. Why they do such things, I do not know. People want to listen to the music, not their comments. At least not while the music is playing.

Osweo
02-28-2011, 12:33 AM
That freak member on here who likes to harrass my girlfriend in private messages. The sad twat knows who he is, and is advised to end his sorry existence tonight by sticking his head in the gas oven.

Aemma
02-28-2011, 12:53 AM

Well there are some studies out now which tend to refute this kind of commonplace thinking, thanks to the likes of Cesar Millan and others. It is an approach but there are others that are just as legitimate and effective.

Guapo
02-28-2011, 12:54 AM
That freak member on here who likes to harrass my girlfriend in private messages. The sad twat knows who he is, and is advised to end his sorry existence tonight by sticking his head in the gas oven.

Alright , I'll stop :rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
02-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Radio? It seems to pretty standard for people working for radio-stations to do such things. Why they do such things, I do not know. People want to listen to the music, not their comments. At least not while the music is playing.
Youtube. It was a program about classical music but it's the same on the radio. I don't know why they do it but it's one of my major pet peeves and I think it's not just annoying but also incredibly disrespectful for both the listener, the orchestra or musician and the composer.

Bloodeagle
02-28-2011, 06:18 AM
When things don't go the way I had planned. :mad:

Cato
03-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Inferiors.

Susi
03-01-2011, 01:31 AM
When people can't tell you what they want you to do or what they think, instead attempting inelegantly to imply it.

Don
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20101117elpepusoc_21/XXLCO/Ies/Datos_demograficos.jpg

Gaztelu
03-01-2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20101117elpepusoc_21/XXLCO/Ies/Datos_demograficos.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af272/thenumber1zero/inquisition.jpg

Bloodeagle
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
My cell phone, especially when I have a message and it keeps chirping at me to call my voice mail.

Tolleson
03-08-2011, 07:51 PM
My cell phone, especially when I have a message and it keeps chirping at me to call my voice mail.

Put it on vibrate and slide it in your pocket! :eek: No more chirping. :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2011, 07:56 PM
http://straatgereedschap.nl/shop/images/Moker%20houten%20steel.jpg
The way to solve all your little problems. :thumb001:

anonymaus
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM

get a smartphone. visual voicemail is infinitely less annoying and much more convenient :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2011, 09:54 PM
ABN-Amro and it's customer service (no.. the life one in the bank itself.. not some stupid woman on a phone).. biggest fucking bank in the Netherlands and a socalled multinational but my socalled "Wereldpas" ("World Card") debit card that "works all around the world" was worth shite in England and it didn't get me one bloody penny out of the ATM (luckily I had been so clever to have exchanged some 300 euro's while still in the Netherlands otherwise I would have been in big trouble if something had gone wrong).

Now I am probably going back for a quick visit at the end of the month and guess what: "Well.. err it is supposed to be working." -- "We can offer you a credit card for just 24 euro's a year."

Yes.. thanks a lot but I want something that works and not something that gets me in trouble in England if I would get myself pick-pocketed there and I am sure as hell not going to pay 24 euro's a year on top of it all because you people don't do your job properly.

Brynhild
03-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Bills! It seems that they all come in at once. :mad:

Bloodeagle
03-09-2011, 01:18 AM
get a smartphone. visual voicemail is infinitely less annoying and much more convenient :thumb001:

I might go that route after my current 2 year contract is up in July. I hope I can keep it in one piece until then.

Jägerstaffel
03-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Everyone.
Crowds.
Mindless forced conversation when you come across someone you know.
Pretending to care.

la bombe
03-09-2011, 02:12 AM
The fact that shit like this passes for television these days

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrciukfwG1qbrzrzo1_500.png

Don
03-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Everyone.

In my humble opinion, just as a curiosity, I think that, if you hate everyone (something I honestly doubt) the potence of this feeling, of the Hate toward individuals would be weaker than if you discriminate between targets and focus this powerful feeling.

Is just like love. People that love everyone and love everything will never feel in all their lives the true power of love.

I don't know if I have made me understood.

What grinds your gears?

People that laugh and insult a dignified loser.

I've seen this today in a football match. The goalkeeper of the losing team went for the ball and when he got closer to the public of the rival team, I saw infamous faces insulting and laughing at him, who behaved correctly and did his best. Note that my sympathies went for the winning team.

Is a shameful behaviour to laugh and humiliate the loser, in particular when this one has fought with honor and dignity.

http://blogs.ua.es/pinturaespanoladelsiglodeoro/files/2011/01/La-rendición-de-Breda.jpg

Jägerstaffel
03-09-2011, 02:24 AM
In my humble opinion, just as a curiosity, I think that, if you hate everyone (something I honestly doubt) the potence of this feeling, of the Hate toward individuals would be weaker than if you discriminate between targets and focus this powerful feeling.

Is just like love. People that love everyone and love everything will never feel in all their lives the true power of love.

I don't know if I have made me understood.

General malaise does not prevent one from having specific hatreds.

Bloodeagle
03-09-2011, 03:53 AM
People that laugh and insult a dignified loser.

I too, hate people that gloat.

anonymaus
03-09-2011, 06:25 AM
The fact that shit like this passes for television these days

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrciukfwG1qbrzrzo1_500.png

If that was on entertainment TV it would be disturbing. Kelly's Court is the name of a mid-day news show.

Cato
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I hate sleeping too little, but sleeping too much is also rather annoying.

Cato
03-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Dealing with pricks and assholes and being unable to fight back without repercussions (i.e. at work or in a similar situation).

mymy
03-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Loud people... and people who talks too much... and loud music too... and much noise in general... and my neighbors who are having some celebration now...

Bloodeagle
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Blown fuses and electronic failure.

Norbert
03-18-2011, 11:57 PM
1. Oranges that are hard, and flavorless on the inside.

2. When people praise mixed race children, or mixed race individuals for their "beauty"

Yesterday, my boss really praised a moon-faced, round-bellied, Eskimo-looking girl, whose legs were practically as thin as my wrists (weird). Her mother was White, I'm guessing her dad must be some sort of Hispanic. My boss told the girl that she could not believe how beautiful she was, that she looked like a "model"

Yeah right.

3. My neighbor's garage band... they keep pounding away the same old $ day in and day out.

Cato
03-19-2011, 12:15 AM
I also despise know-it-alls.

Guapo
03-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Not having hair like Osweo

Grumpy Cat
03-19-2011, 12:27 AM
People who assume they know everything about me, my views, and how I live my life.

Cato
03-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Not being able to break the jaw of everyone I meet that pisses me off, this truly grinds my gears.

Bloodeagle
03-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Broken bones, especially the time I got my jaw broke! :)

Grumpy Cat
03-19-2011, 12:35 AM

Yeah liquid diets suck.

Bloodeagle
03-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah liquid diets suck.

I was lucky because I fractured on both of the joints of my mandible, they did not wire my mouth shut and punch out a tooth because the bones would fuse together upon healing and they would have to operate to cut it loose.

I learned to quit talking shit when fighting and keep a clenched mouth. :D

Lithium
03-19-2011, 12:39 AM
People who give empty promises and never change.

Cato
03-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Not being able to break the jaw of everyone I meet that pisses me off, this truly grinds my gears.

I just made this post because I'm sick to death of people who talk trash and think that they can get away with it. When I was in middle school and high school, you just beat the shit out of kids that did this and you never heard a peep out of them again (yes, I was suspended many times for brawling). But, because of the rules of "polite society" you have to sit there and take it with a :).

Grumpy Cat
03-19-2011, 12:47 AM
I was lucky because I fractured on both of the joints of my mandible, they did not wire my mouth shut and punch out a tooth because the bones would fuse together upon healing and they would have to operate to cut it loose.

I learned to quit talking shit when fighting and keep a clenched mouth. :D

I got in a car accident and the force of the airbag deploying broke my jaw.

Guapo
03-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Homos

Cato
03-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Homos

Hear, hear.

Guapo
03-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Lesbians too

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Defeatists.

Guapo
03-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Being defeated

The Lawspeaker
03-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Being defeated
I can bare that but I can't stand deserters and defeatists. :cool:

Don
03-19-2011, 02:18 AM
People who give empty promises and never change.

Have you thought that maybe they don't change because they don't need to... since the environment (other persons) they seek gives them chances and protection for keeping being like this?

Who is worst?

Guapo
03-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Who is worst?

Sudacas

Aemma
03-19-2011, 02:28 AM
people who are self-absorbed

Hess
03-19-2011, 02:35 AM

Your signature, which tricks me into thinking I have a bug on my monitor every single time I look at it.

Norbert
03-19-2011, 06:37 AM
People who say and do stupid things.

And that my tap water, which I'm supposed to drink by the way, smells like public pool water...

Luckily I'm a nonconformist.

Lithium
03-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Have you thought that maybe they don't change because they don't need to... since the environment (other persons) they seek gives them chances and protection for keeping being like this?

Who is worst?

They HAVE to change since they gave a promise. Once you say you will do something, do it.. or you will have to face the consequences.

Don
03-19-2011, 03:44 PM
They HAVE to change since they gave a promise. Once you say you will do something, do it.. or you will have to face the consequences.

Theorically. But read my post again and see what is wrong in this chain of events.

What grinds your gears?

The interpretational biases and potential confusion derived from the message of plain words in the screen by the lack of other information sources.

Lithium
03-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Theorically. But read my post again and see what is wrong in this chain of events.

What grinds your gears?

The interpretational biases and potential confusion derived from the message of plain words in the screen by the lack of other information sources.

Actually I wanna thank you... Your opinion is true and I realise that I have problem with that from... hm.... 3 years and I still can't change it.

Adalwolf
03-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Somehow deleting my audio player on my laptop, ffs.

jerney
03-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Having to read this in my German literature class: Wo Europa anfängt by Yoko Tawada. Though I guess I should consider myself lucky we haven't been assigned "Holocaust literature" yet. (I am actually genuinely shocked nothing has come up yet)

Grumpy Cat
03-25-2011, 12:41 AM
That CTV cancelled The Big Bang Theory and Shit My Dad Says in favour of American Idol.

Svipdag
03-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Undeclared wars initiated by abuse of Presidential authority. Of course, for this very reason, it can always be claimed that these campaigns are not wars. According to the Constitution,wars must be declared by Congress. Inasmuch as these conflicts have not been declared by Congress, they are not wars.

By this reasoning, the United States has not been at war since August 14, 1941. What a shame that there were so many peace-time deaths in our armed forces in the second half of the 20th century in remote places such as Korea, VietNam, the Middle East !

"War is the sport of kings."....and Presidents. :mad:

la bombe
03-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Missing the bus. Being honked at and sexually propositioned while waiting for the bus. Basically anything related to the fucking bus :mad:

Cato
03-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Taking wrong turns.

Peasant
03-25-2011, 02:16 AM
The bald patches in my facial hair.

Beorn
03-26-2011, 01:32 AM
The bald patches in my facial hair.

When you hit your teens it will grow. ;)

My grind is fucking .. &&^%^$^£% X 10

The Ripper
03-29-2011, 05:36 PM
"People" in the library who don't understand that you're supposed STFU there. No, no ringing mobiles, no talking on said mobiles, no sharing of funny stories with your friends, no laughing at aforementioned stories, NONE of that! I'm trying to study you twats. Next time I might just threaten to kill you with convincing looking replica weapon!

Raskolnikov
03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5593/clipboard03e.jpg

The ads on Apricity.

Solomon Kane
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Authoritarians and statists grind my gears, like the current illegal occupant of the White House.

Raskolnikov
03-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Anarchists grind me gears, which now incluces:
- anarchocapitalists/libertarians ("rightwing")
- culural marxists/neoanarchists of the 60s onwards ("leftwing")
With no family, nation state, or great race sympathy in sight.

Obama does and knows nothing. He is a stand in figurehead like G. Bush, R. Reagan and so on.

Solomon Kane
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Obama does and knows nothing. He is a stand in figurehead like G. Bush, R. Reagan and so on.

He's an empty suit whose teleprompter would make a better President.

Raskolnikov
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Now that would be awesome.

Treffie
03-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Being told by a colleague that I'm weird by deciding not to give to charitable organisations that help the poor in Africa etc

...and then having to educate that same individual by informing them how much we actually give to them through tax.

CelticTemplar
03-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Large organizations who bawl and cry at the horror of what might be a hint of white racism, but who turn a blind eye to something like the Black Panthers (e.g ADL, SPLC, ect.).

Don
03-29-2011, 11:31 PM
The New Europeans.

jerney
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
"People" in the library who don't understand that you're supposed STFU there. No, no ringing mobiles, no talking on said mobiles, no sharing of funny stories with your friends, no laughing at aforementioned stories, NONE of that! I'm trying to study you twats. Next time I might just threaten to kill you with convincing looking replica weapon!

That's annoying, but what I find even more annoying is that although one of the libraries at my university has at least a few hundred computers in it, I can walk around searching for an open one for 20 minutes because people are using them for gaming and chatting on facebook.

Don
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Unfunny clowns, in particular the ones of the net.

Insidious bastards that in this universe they are unable to find these sygnals that point they are not funny at all but on the countrary.

Ibericus
03-30-2011, 01:37 PM
All the lies and misconceptions about Spain.

Solomon Kane
03-30-2011, 10:47 PM

I saw lots of it on Stormfront to tell you the truth.

Solomon Kane
03-30-2011, 10:48 PM
All the lies and misconceptions about Spain but some of my forum friends there were from Spain.

Gaztelu
03-30-2011, 10:51 PM
That CTV cancelled The Big Bang Theory and Shit My Dad Says in favour of American Idol.

Good riddance. The Big Bang Theory is shit anyway.

Loddfafner
03-30-2011, 11:01 PM
The sight and aroma of the massive buttocks of an obese Negress when she had a wardrobe malfunction as she stood up in the bus.

Thorum
03-30-2011, 11:14 PM
The sight and aroma of the massive buttocks of an obese Negress when she had a wardrobe malfunction as she stood up in the bus.

Oh, my. Thanks Lodd. Such as sweet poet...

http://www.mollena.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/DonSir-Suspension-1024x730.jpg

Grey
03-31-2011, 12:57 AM
The constant usage of the term 'myth' to denote something that is either a mistake or an outright lie.

Cato
03-31-2011, 01:10 AM

Such as? :confused: Mention them, and who is spreading the slander about Espana, and I'll be the first man in the shieldwall to defend the honor of the "land of the brave." :thumb001:

Gaztelu
03-31-2011, 01:39 AM
What grinds your gears?

http://www.mollena.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/DonSir-Suspension-1024x730.jpg

^This fucking post

Bloodeagle
03-31-2011, 07:31 AM
^This fucking post

That is a fine example of primitive rigging technique, ask Beornie. :)
How else would you move a massive amount of human out of the hold of a ship, back before hydraulic crane and forklift. :p

Don
03-31-2011, 01:00 PM
That is a fine example of primitive rigging technique, ask Beornie. :)
How else would you move a massive amount of human out of the hold of a ship, back before hydraulic crane and forklift. :p

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2235/2252788033_b5a3a19221.jpg

Solomon Kane
03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Know-it-alls annoy me.

Lithium
03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Christians/Muslims/Jews

mymy
03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Traffic in Belgrade. And i hate crowded buses especially when all other people are bigger than me!

Peyrol
03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
The Moroccans and the Tunisians who are drunk in the disco every Saturday night. Ridiculous.

Bloodeagle
03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Waking up to an alarm.

Black Sun Dimension
03-31-2011, 02:21 PM
1- Having my slept interrupted: I just want to murder someone when it happens.

2- Smelling someone's else sneeze: I immediatly stop breathing until I can get far away from the contaminated area.

3- Girls that think they are entitled to special attention just because they are girls. They have no special attributes other than being a female.

4- Loudness pisses me off real quick: a loud TV/Radio/Stereo/Car/People talking/etc

5- Muggers

Cato
03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Assholes in general annoy me, but assholes with authority are the worst.

Bloodeagle
03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Letting myself become fooled into believing that Spring was here, only to wake up to 6 inches of fresh snow with more on the way. :mad:

Peasant
03-31-2011, 10:53 PM
When I wake up and turn off my alarm, only to fall back to sleep. I then wake up with no memory of this many hours later. :rage

Don
03-31-2011, 11:44 PM
When I wake up and turn off my alarm, only to fall back to sleep. I then wake up with no memory of this many hours later. :rage

There are 2 kind of men: the ones that program the alarm to have some few moments to doze, and the ones that JUMP from the bed when the alarm calls for first and only time.

I am from the second type. I am not masochistic :rolleyes2:.

Grumpy Cat
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
People who aren't that smart who try to sound smart.

Solomon Kane
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
The idea that to be a good Christian you've got to be passive and "turn the other cheek" all of the time.

Don
04-02-2011, 02:14 PM
The idea that to be a good Christian you've got to be passive and "turn the other cheek" all of the time.

Ah, good old times.
http://historiamundo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/templario.jpg

Grumpy Cat
04-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I dyed my hair a darker colour, darker brown, but it turned out jet black. I'm not happy with it, but it costs over $100 for a dye stripper to bring my hair back to its natural colour. :mad:

Bari
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Having a hangover and the neighbour starts hammering at 9 in the morning...

http://www.lecbna.org/~bast//images/fuuu.jpg

Grumpy Cat
04-03-2011, 12:09 PM
The fact that people I HATE always end up in the "people you may know" box in Facebook. :mad:

Cato
04-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Customers.

Don
04-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Political correctness.

Cato
04-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Political correctness.

I'll second that.

Loddfafner
04-04-2011, 03:40 AM
That bugs would dare eat my carnivorous plants. My pitcher plants were covered in scale insects.

Bloodeagle
04-04-2011, 03:49 AM
That bugs would dare eat my carnivorous plants. My pitcher plants were covered in scale insects.

I hate those little bastards. Every home gardening book I own talks about scale as if it is nothing to get too concerned about. They even call it a slow moving insect and thus easy to avoid. :confused:
Hello, but my plants are not exactly the fastest form of life on this planet and scale seems to be immune to even the most potent insecticidal soaps that I have sprayed on them. ;)

Loddfafner
04-04-2011, 03:54 AM
I hate those little bastards. Every home gardening book I own talks about scale as if it is nothing to get too concerned about. They even call it a slow moving insect and thus easy to avoid. :confused:
Hello, but my plants are not exactly the fastest form of life on this planet and scale seems to be immune to even the most potent insecticidal soaps that I have sprayed on them. ;)

All I can do is scratch them off, and cut back the harder-hit leaves. Insecitcal soap and even detergent seems to harm the leaves.

Piparskeggr
04-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Customers.

Customers who come in for repair parts on a project where they do not even know how to begin describing either the problem or what they need.

Talvi
04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Those Russians who deny ever occupying Estonia and keep saying we are trying to rewrite history. Aaarrggh! Nad võiksid ennast põlema panna. :)

Grumpy Cat
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Large font. There's absolutely no need.

Cato
04-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Not knowing all of he facts of a given situation.

Gaztelu
04-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Large font. There's absolutely no need.

Yes there is, fool. Without this large font, people would have to squint to read this text. However, thanks to large fonts, one can keep their eyesight.

Bloodeagle
04-05-2011, 03:15 AM
I hate it when I can smell another persons B.O. :)

Grumpy Cat
04-05-2011, 03:20 AM
I hate it when I can smell another persons B.O. :)

Know what's worse than BO is the mix of BO smell and perfume or cologne!

If you wash yourself, you don't need perfume or cologne.

Bloodeagle
04-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Know what's worse than BO is the mix of BO smell and perfume or cologne!

If you wash yourself, you don't need perfume or cologne.

Some fragrances smell good on a clean person, but I am not fooled by masking the odors of bad hygiene with patchouli oil. :D

Groenewolf
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
The only time I was class representative was when I was appointed by our mentor, after two elections where I ended third. And the ones elected, and later dropped out, let me do the day to day job.:rolleyes: .

Äike
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Those Russians who deny ever occupying Estonia and keep saying we are trying to rewrite history. Aaarrggh!

Those 350 000 current "occupiers" of Estonia annoy me more than the Russians who deny the occupation of Estonia from 1940 until 1991.

Nad võiksid ennast põlema panna. :)

Ma nõustun täielikult. :)

Grumpy Cat
04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Some fragrances smell good on a clean person, but I am not fooled by masking the odors of bad hygiene with patchouli oil. :D

I don't like fragrances, myself. They're often too strong and make my nose run and eyes water. People who wear too much perfume piss me off.

Loddfafner
04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Normies.

Thorum
04-06-2011, 12:50 AM
^This fucking post

Naughty words...

la bombe
04-07-2011, 06:31 AM
The feeling you get when you realize that someone has been using you.

Graham
04-07-2011, 09:52 PM
The fact that people I HATE always end up in the "people you may know" box in Facebook. :mad:

haha agreed. Gave me the option of adding my Boss also, Fuck that!

Hate the fact I still get big plook/spots like this. Blocking my vision lol :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OViuncrkPBg

Himera
04-07-2011, 10:32 PM
When I open an orange, and it is torrid inside !!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Falkata
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
When it´s a 30ºC sunny day in Madrid and you´ve to go to work with the f**** suit. I´ve been in colder saunas

Grumpy Cat
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
It should be legal to kill some people. Last night a girl who was staying at a battered women's shelter around here got raped... at the shelter.

Don
04-08-2011, 10:39 PM
It should be legal to kill some people. Last night a girl who was staying at a battered women's shelter around here got raped... at the shelter.

What grinds your gears?

Things like that.

Loddfafner
04-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Rapacious cabdrivers.

Pallantides
04-09-2011, 12:43 AM

There should be street judges with the right to condemn the scum to death.
http://www.kddresearch.org/TEUNC/Banazir/Pics/Other/judge-dredd.jpg

Beorn
04-09-2011, 12:52 AM
That at holiday camps jam packed full of my fellow English proles the Welsh shout the loudest when asked to whilst surrounded 3-to-1.

Black Sun Dimension
04-09-2011, 12:53 AM

The culprit would have been probably summarily executed in some Latin American neighborhoods; that shit happens a lot down here.

Beorn
04-09-2011, 12:58 AM
There should be street judges with the right to condemn the scum to death.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

If life has taught me one thing it is that one moral vantage point is often superseded by another vastly superior moral vantage point.

I play it safe by hating everyone.

Groenewolf
04-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Today I sent a letter to an online store to inquire why my wishlist had disappeared and why I can no longer add items to it. That last one was more of a test to see if the function still is working.

Customer service thinking that I have a different problem then the one I reported. So send a reply mail specifying that what they think is the problem is not the problem and that function still works. But also answered the questions not related to the non-problem they asked.

Cato
04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
That they don't seem to sell Dux Mussolini cudgels in the U.S.

Bloodeagle
04-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Idiots in the grocery store, that stand in the middle of the aisle, either carrying on a conversation, or just oblivious to anybody but themselves. :mad:

mymy
04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
When in empty buss with so much free places someone decide to sit next to me... and start talking!!!

Treffie
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Idiots in the grocery store, that stand in the middle of the aisle, either carrying on a conversation, or just oblivious to anybody but themselves. :mad:

That really grinds my gears! :mad:

Bloodeagle
04-09-2011, 06:16 PM
When people get in my personal space and the fact that very few people say: excuse me, anymore!
The next time someone reaches in front of me to grab something off the shelf, at the grocery store, and does not say, excuse me, I am going to let them know what I think about them. :D

Urrobbers
04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
When someone calls me a boy, when I'm clearly a man.

Black Sun Dimension
04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
When in empty buss with so much free places someone decide to sit next to me... and start talking!!!

This has happened to me more than once...in the men's bathroom.

There's a whole line of empty toilets, and this dude comes along and decides to stand beside me. :mad:

Bloodeagle
04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
This has happened to me more than once...in the men's bathroom.

There's a whole line of empty toilets, and this dude comes along and decides to stand beside me. :mad:

This is because people still gather like sheep for safety.
I have experienced this same behavior in an empty movie theater.

The Lawspeaker
04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Customs officers. And I dislike the Dutch customs a hell of a lot more then the Brits. Fucking twats had a queue running half-way across the customs hall of Schiphol Airport and had only two desks open (while four flights had arrived shortly after each other). British customs (on Birmingham of all places -- and my girlfriend had told me that they would be nasty folks - but they weren't.) on the other hand were actually very polite and efficient. Passport checks were quick and they actually gave me directions.

The Dutch really took their time to study individual faces.

Osweo
04-09-2011, 11:46 PM
British passport control staff, for behaving the way Civis Batavi praises above. :tsk: International travel is not a 'right'!

Loki
04-09-2011, 11:48 PM
International travel is not a 'right'!

Why not?

Arne
04-09-2011, 11:50 PM
the police which is controling bikers for lights

Osweo
04-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Why not?

Because states exist and, however poorly, exercise control on behalf of their subjects as to who comes in and out of the country. Otherwise crime, disease, political and religious radicalism would spread all over without check.

Loki
04-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Because states exist and, however poorly, exercise control on behalf of their subjects as to who comes in and out of the country. Otherwise crime, disease, political and religious radicalism would spread all over without check.

Common sense should apply. Tristan hardly looks like a criminal, nor an unwashed.

The Lawspeaker
04-09-2011, 11:54 PM
The thing that really annoyed me was the fact that the customs officer at the desk was an... immigrant. So we have an immigrant (probably Moroccan) delaying me and many others access to our luggage and our own goddamn country.

Belenus
04-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Three-leaf clovers.

Grumpy Cat
04-09-2011, 11:59 PM
If you ever entered the United States you would think Dutch customs is a breeze. Last time I did, the person (some black girl who looked like she could easily break me in two) swabbed my hands for gun powder residue. :confused:

The Lawspeaker
04-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Sounds like a good reason not to visit the place.

Bloodeagle
04-10-2011, 03:41 AM
If you ever entered the United States you would think Dutch customs is a breeze. Last time I did, the person (some black girl who looked like she could easily break me in two) swabbed my hands for gun powder residue. :confused:

I once had an anal Canadian customs official, at the Blaine border crossing, have me park my car and go inside, so I could prove to them that I had enough money to drive through Canada to Alaska.
Usually though it's the Americans that bring out the dogs and start ruffling through my belongings. :D

Brynhild
04-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Getting fined for parking my car in a side street without seeing a single sign showing me what the restricted times are! And to top it off, it was during the night when City and Colour (http://www.purevolume.com/cityandcolourdallasgreen) were performing at the Enmore Theatre (http://enmoretheatre.com.au/)! :mad: No, money raising had nothing to do with it at all.:rolleyes: I'll wait out my three weeks before supposedly paying it and then complain bitterly about the lack of signage in an effort to drag it out for as long as possible.

Oh and for AD enjoy your excellent eyesight for as long as you can - it will degenerate as you get older!

Grumpy Cat
04-10-2011, 05:38 AM
I once had an anal Canadian customs official, at the Blaine border crossing, have me park my car and go inside, so I could prove to them that I had enough money to drive through Canada to Alaska.
Usually though it's the Americans that bring out the dogs and start ruffling through my belongings. :D

Once??? Canadian customs are always anal. They actually ruined my childhood: one Christmas we spent in the US, when I was a little kid as still believed in Santa. Anyways, "Santa" gave me and my sister new surf boards that Christmas. When my parents went through customs, the officer made my father name everything he bought down there, and one of the things was two surfboards. From then on, I knew Santa wasn't real. Thanks Canadian customs. :(

Black Sun Dimension
04-10-2011, 03:35 PM
This is because people still gather like sheep for safety.
I have experienced this same behavior in an empty movie theater.

I think it is the opposite; people like to distance themselves when they are both alone. If I was alone in a public place and a person came to me, I'd feel suspicious, not safer.

Bloodeagle
04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I think it is the opposite; people like to distance themselves when they are both alone. If I was alone in a public place and a person came to me, I'd feel suspicious, not safer.

I am the same way, but when I want to be alone, that is when people will come sit by me, without much thought on their part.
I wonder if a person who sits alone, might come off as a leader, in some subconscious manner, to those people who will invariably sit beside you?

Grumpy Cat
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Zadosus looks exactly like my boss. :x

Black Sun Dimension
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I am the same way, but when I want to be alone, that is when people will come sit by me, without much thought on their part.
I wonder if a person who sits alone, might come off as a leader, in some subconscious manner, to those people who will invariably sit beside you?

I was talking about you and him being the only people around, not in public places with a lot of people and you choose to sit alone and someone decides to sit beside you, which I think it's normal.

Zadosus looks exactly like my boss. :x

Didnt you get the memo? Ive been tracking your internet activities for quite a while. You have been found.

Bloodeagle
04-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Once??? Canadian customs are always anal. They actually ruined my childhood: one Christmas we spent in the US, when I was a little kid as still believed in Santa. Anyways, "Santa" gave me and my sister new surf boards that Christmas. When my parents went through customs, the officer made my father name everything he bought down there, and one of the things was two surfboards. From then on, I knew Santa wasn't real. Thanks Canadian customs. :(

I wonder if it made that customs officer happy, ruining your Christmas? :(

When I was a little kid, we took a trip up to Banff, Alberta. My stepfather made sure to fill an ice cooler full of his favorite beer, Coors, after fearing that it would not be sold in Canada.
When we tried to get through Canadian customs, they noticed the empty Coors box in the back of the car.
To make a long story short, he was told that he could not take Coors into Canada, for whatever reason.
For at least 2 hours, we sat in the parking lot, as my stepfather tried to drink all of his Coors beer, in defiance of the customs office, until he was so drunk, that he was yelling obscenities at them. My mother took control of the situation, telling him to throw the rest away. She ended up driving us through the border, with a promise to the Customs officer, not letting her asshole husband, cause any trouble in Canada. :D

Grumpy Cat
04-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Didnt you get the memo? Ive been tracking your internet activities for quite a while. You have been found.

Even if it was true, I couldn't be fired anyways. My employer actually has political views as part of their "diversity cause", which means I cannot be fired for that reason.

I'm not posting here during work hours, anyways. Sometimes lunch, which is fine.

Black Sun Dimension
04-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Even if it was true, I couldn't be fired anyways. My employer actually has political views as part of their "diversity cause", which means I cannot be fired for that reason.

I'm not posting here during work hours, anyways. Sometimes lunch, which is fine.

You better start believing it, because it is true. But dont be concerned, your work is impeccable and im satisfied with the result.

Urrobbers
04-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Being the last highlander.

Now I am the only one:(

The Journeyman
04-11-2011, 08:58 AM
When someone I don't really know tries to make plans with me on my facebook wall. Just bad manners, IMO.

(Potentially bad situation)

Solomon Kane
04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
When you still feel groggy even after nearly three cups of strong coffee.

Radojica
04-15-2011, 04:36 PM
My oldest brother :mad: