PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with your haplogroups?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Loki
07-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I know it's one of those things you cannot change. But what was your first reaction when you found out your haplogroup/s? Were you pleased or disappointed?

RussiaPrussia
07-14-2013, 05:29 PM
i dont know my haplogroup and dont care. For me its only useful to see the admixture of a people.

xajapa
07-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I was surprised, mainly because I thought it would be something different. After I came to terms with this, I realized that my haplogroup represents a people with a reputation for strength and stability.

Damiăo de Góis
07-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I was pleased, i got the main haplogroup of my nation. It means i'm no outsider :)

xajapa
07-14-2013, 05:31 PM
i dont know my haplogroup and dont care. For me its only useful to see the admixture of a people.

I agree autosomal dna is more helpful overall, but there is something to be said for a man to know his paternal line, who his father's father's father was. It is similar to one's surname. It represents you.

Smaug
07-14-2013, 05:35 PM
I don't know my haplogroup, I would probably get R1b-S28 or R1b-L21, no idea for mitochondrial DNA.

Kazimiera
07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I was a bit surprised. I was expecting it to be something more common like H. It's great that it's not very common (makes me special!) but there is very little information about it. There are only 6 people with it on the FTDNA database with my particular subclade, and I am one of them. So that makes 5 other people.

W. R.
07-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Why does everyone know what a haplogroup is? Is genetics taught at school in the West?

Loki
07-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Why does everyone know what a haplogroup is? Is genetics taught at school in the West?

No it's taught on the internet.

xajapa
07-14-2013, 05:50 PM
No it's taught on the internet.

And currently on sale, at both 23andMe and FTDNA.:)

Styggnacke
07-14-2013, 05:54 PM
I feel indifferent about mine.

MfA_
07-14-2013, 05:58 PM
it shouldn't mean much since it is just a one ancestor out of other thousands.. Anyway, It is native to the region and occurs highest (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9ItFg3ZDOCc/UAfrJKKY7aI/AAAAAAAAFC8/WQfxUO6_9Vw/s1600/journal.pone.0041252.t001.jpg) on my nation in the region so it's cool..

Hevo
07-14-2013, 06:02 PM
To be honest, i found my Y haplogroup a bit boring when i discovered it for the first time, but when i found out info about my subclade(thanks to Jackson) is it pretty awesome.

Damiăo de Góis
07-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I was pleased, i got the main haplogroup of my nation. It means i'm no outsider :)

Btw, i was talking about my Y-DNA since i thought this thread was only about it. As for my mt-dna, i didn't get the most common H, and i got a more random one that is not very specific to my nation:

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae20/LB234/Screenshot2012-05-05at21531PM.png

Still i found it interesting and tried to learn more about it.

Loki
07-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I was shocked at first to see I was from haplogroup E (especially seeing the 23andme distribution map), but then I found out what my haplogroup (Y-DNA) actually means, i.e. the specific E-V13 which is Neolithic and connected with early Greek expansion in southeast Europe. It brings all sorts of possibilities and is interesting. So ... proud Trojan/Thracian here :thumb001:

As for my mtDNA, H1b, it seems to be common in Northern Europe so I was pleased from the start with it.

Graham
07-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Happy with my MtDNA as it's similar to Otzi. :)

Ydna is like a Clan name to be proud of.. & isn't a Norse or Anglo invader. ;) Am happy.

Damiăo de Góis
07-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Ah yes, an invader haplogroup would be disapointing to me too. A Roman, Moor or Germanic haplogroup.
Luckily mine is native and older than those people :)

Kazimiera
07-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Invader haplogroup! :lol:

Makes it sound like an invader species of plant which has taken over the habitat of indigenous flora.

Loki
07-14-2013, 06:26 PM
As for invader/native ... my haplogroup is certainly an invader one ... it is very rare where my paternal family comes from. It's said to be from Roman soldiers of Balkan origin (likely Thracian) who settled in the area of Germania Inferior.

iNird
07-15-2013, 03:24 AM
First reaction was hmm interesting..I'm the outlier. Also prob got a bunch of stomfront wannabe nutzis (like Kastrioti) jealous of my northern Haplogroups.

:coffee:

Patches
07-15-2013, 04:38 AM
I got the all common R1b1b2a1a2f for my paternal DNA and H4a for my maternal DNA, I feel indifferent about both of them.

Mazik
07-16-2013, 08:17 AM
R1a is the mightiest Y-dna and V is kinda rare.

So I'm quite happy with them :)

Artek
07-16-2013, 12:37 PM
My Y-DNA is the most common in Poland but subclade and cluster looks interesting (looks more Sarmatian than Slavic and has interesting distribution - from Volga Tatars to the Carpathian Highlanders and Hungarians). It's named as a "Volga-Carpathian". We need some Sarmatian aDNA, maybe my dreams will come true :D

Iazyges cataphract, MAYBE one of my ancestors:
http://www.dbaol.com/images/faces/1331_face.jpg
Fought in a Marcomannic wars along with Germanic Marcomanni and Quadi.

My mtdna is very interesting and quite old, found commonly in mesolithic remains from Russia to as west as Portugal, coorelated mostly with North-Central Euro hunters-gatherers.
The oldest U4 is from Germany, found in Bad Dürrenberg and dated to the 6850 BC. Quite decent distibution among Baltic and Finnic people, non-trivial in Sweden and among East Slavs.

Geni
07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Yes ..i am happy..i have tipic albanian cluster R1b..:love:

Thrax
09-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I was surprised to find out that my mtDNA haplogroup is U5a1b, which isn't a very common haplogroup, especially in Greece. But I can't say I feel happy or sad about it.
My Y DNA haplogroup is the most common in Greece, so no big surprises here.

Thor2009
09-07-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm okay with them, I guess.
I wish there was more info on them. K2b1a is rare, and R1b L20+ is relatively new and there's not a lot of info on it.

Jackson
09-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm happy with mine. They are both kinda interesting and go well together (I1 and U5a1b). My grandfather's haplogroup (H1b) is kinda interesting too, as it is more common in eastern Europe, although i have no recent eastern European ancestry, my grandmother and father's mtdna haplogroup is pretty much what i expected - J1c8 - As that line comes from NW England, and J1c in the British Isles is centered around the Irish Sea as far as i know.

It's kind of cool that they go together, like the most common pairing is R1b and H, second most common is I and U5. So i am less common but still fit in perfectly. :)

Jackson
09-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I was surprised to find out that my mtDNA haplogroup is U5a1b, which isn't a very common haplogroup, especially in Greece. But I can't say I feel happy or sad about it.
My Y DNA haplogroup is the most common in Greece, so no big surprises here.

Cool to find another U5a1b on the forum.

Graham
09-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm happy with mine. They are both kinda interesting and go well together (I1 and U5a1b)

Immigrant, taking our jobs.

Jackson
09-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Immigrant, taking our jobs.

And your tribes were also immigrants at some point. :P

Edit: Plus i'm pretty sure I1 has had a presence in the British Isles probably since the bronze age, even if only a small one.

Mark
09-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Overall, I am pleased with my haplogroups but until I can afford to do deeper subclade testing, I wont be completely satisfied.

Artek
09-07-2013, 09:21 PM
And your tribes were also immigrants at some point. :P

Edit: Plus i'm pretty sure I1 has had a presence in the British Isles probably since the bronze age, even if only a small one.
I1 was most definitely present in Roman Britania, got there with Batavian auxilia. There were other sources as well...

hobosmurf
09-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Not much to be glad/disappointied about imo

HispaniaSagrada
09-07-2013, 09:31 PM
dfgddf

Jackson
09-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd imagine that many of those with a strong sense of identity would have a little crisis if they found out that they aren't exactly what they thought.

I have observed this.

Thor2009
09-08-2013, 05:20 AM
I'd imagine that many of those with a strong sense of identity would have a little crisis if they found out that they aren't exactly what they thought.

Except a haplogroup doesn't really determine what you are; all it indicates is maternal and paternal lines, both of which are a small part of your overall ancestry/identity.

I mean, somebody could be 95% Native American and have a European haplogroup; all it takes is for their paternal line to eventually go back to Europe, even if it is only their 10th great-grandfather who was European.

For example; I'm R1b-L20+, which appears to be Italo-Celtic, but given the thousands of years of history of the areas in which my ancestors lived, they were likely part Celtic, part Germanic, and part Norse.
Besides, I mostly take after/identify with my mother's paternal line, which my haplogroup doesn't say shit about.

I just don't see how having the "wrong haplogroup" could hurt someone's identity.

Atlantic Islander
09-08-2013, 05:22 AM
It's fine, a bit boring though.

Graham
09-08-2013, 05:50 AM

I tend to find to find, it's normally New Worlders who expect to be a certain nationality.

Azalea
09-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Before I got my 23andme results there was this anti-Turkic/Turkish guy on anthrocivitas who was always trying to demolish any sort of Turkic influence in Turks and Turkey. He was absolutely obsessed with it and spamming the forum 24/7 with his propaganda. So when I got myself tested he told me that I should not expect any signs of Turkic ancestry and that if I did happen to score some sort of CA ancestry, it would be the result of rape.

So I was like 'in your face, douche!' when I got my results back. :D

But other than that, my haplogroups are just cool. My paternal line is a typical Western/Anatolian haplogroup and my maternal line is a Turkic one (or at least carried by Turkics) straight out of Siberia. I think that's a pretty cool haplogroup combo for a Anatolian Turk.

Drawing-slim
09-08-2013, 06:02 AM

Graham
09-08-2013, 06:03 AM
I1 was most definitely present in Roman Britania, got there with Batavian auxilia. There were other sources as well...

Well I believe that Britain in large parts, was already Celto-Germanic before the Anglo-Saxons. Like The Belgae. The difference between the locals, Angles & Saxons was smaller.

Azalea
09-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Btw, while my mtDNA and my father's Y-DNA makes perfect sence, his mtDNA stays a mistery. It's a rare Northern/Eastern African one and also common in Sephardi Jews (M1a). Though, when it comes to his autosomal DNA, there are no signs or traces of Eastern or Northern African ancestry. Or even Jewish ancestry for that matter. And so far I have only come across one other West Asian (Armenian) person with the same mtDNA.

Artek
09-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Well I believe that Britain in large parts, was already Celto-Germanic before the Anglo-Saxons. Like The Belgae. The difference between the locals, Angles & Saxons was smaller.
How do they got there before the Anglo-Saxon proper invasions?

SkyBurn
09-08-2013, 07:22 AM
I don't care much for haplogroups, they're pretty insignificant. Although I guess I'm somewhat happy with the relative rarity of my yDNA, even though 23andme can't tell me much more than I2. And I can't really be bothered forking out money to ftDNA to find out the specifics.

Graham
09-08-2013, 07:40 AM
You sort of mix with your closest neighbours.

The Belgae were a group of Gallo-Germanic tribes living in northern Gaul, between the English channel and the west bank of the Rhine, from at least the 3rd century BC. They were later found also in Britain, and possibly even Ireland. The Belgae gave their name to the Roman province of Gallia Belgica, and very much later, to the modern country of Belgium.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/Map_Gallia_Tribes_Towns.png/590px-Map_Gallia_Tribes_Towns.png
Julius Caesar describes Gaul at the time of his conquests (58 - 51 BC) as divided into three parts, inhabited by the Aquitani in the southwest, the Gauls of the biggest central part, who in their own language were called Celtae, and the Belgae in the north.

Ancient sources such as Caesar are unclear about the things used to define ethnicity today. He describes the Belgae as both Celtic (or at least Gaulish) and Germanic (at least some of them, and at least by descent). Strabo stated that the differences between the Celts and Belgae, in countenance, language, politics and way of life was a small one, unlike the difference between the Aquitanians and Celts.

On the other hand it has been proposed that there could have been more than one language within the region, and also possibly differences between the language of the elite and the rest of the population. Many modern scholars believe that the Belgae were a firmly Celtic-speaking group.

However, at least part of the Belgae may also have had significant genetic, cultural and historical connections to peoples east of the Rhine, including Germanic peoples, judging from archaeological, placename, and textual evidence.

Britain

The Belgae had made their way across the English Channel into southern Britain in Caesar's time.

Caesar asserts they had first crossed the channel as raiders, only later establishing themselves on the island. The precise extent of their conquests is unknown. After the Roman conquest of Britain, the civitas of the Belgae was bordered to the North by the British Atrebates, who were also a Belgic tribe, and to the east by the Regnenses, who were probably linked to the Belgae as well.

Caesar recorded a number of tribal names in the region of Kent, of which one (Cenimagni) resembles the name of a Northern Gaulish tribe (Cenomani),[ and other studies have also attempted to link the spread of Aylesford-Swarling pottery across the southeastern corner of Britain to the Belgic invasion; however, none of this is certain.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Except a haplogroup doesn't really determine what you are; all it indicates is maternal and paternal lines, both of which are a small part of your overall ancestry/identity.

I mean, somebody could be 95% Native American and have a European haplogroup; all it takes is for their paternal line to eventually go back to Europe, even if it is only their 10th great-grandfather who was European.

For example; I'm R1b-L20+, which appears to be Italo-Celtic, but given the thousands of years of history of the areas in which my ancestors lived, they were likely part Celtic, part Germanic, and part Norse.
Besides, I mostly take after/identify with my mother's paternal line, which my haplogroup doesn't say shit about.

I just don't see how having the "wrong haplogroup" could hurt someone's identity.

If you have a strong antionalist sense, especially in a divisive country, I can see it.

If you are from british isles or unknown white american you probably have r1b anyway, so all you can do is see if it's an interesting subclade. My grandfather was english but my grandfather was definitely "exotic" so I might have something else in store but there's probably nothing I'd be upset about. Hopefully something interesting.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-13-2013, 03:37 AM
Btw, while my mtDNA and my father's Y-DNA makes perfect sence, his mtDNA stays a mistery. It's a rare Northern/Eastern African one and also common in Sephardi Jews (M1a). Though, when it comes to his autosomal DNA, there are no signs or traces of Eastern or Northern African ancestry. Or even Jewish ancestry for that matter. And so far I have only come across one other West Asian (Armenian) person with the same mtDNA.

They just found some very old M mtDNA in messopotamia from a skeleton a few thousand years old even though it's astoundingly rare now. So, perhaps you have some very ancient roots in the area.

Philo
09-14-2013, 10:46 PM
I was very happy to know I'm J2. Ubermensch haplogroup no doubt.

Happy with my MtDNA as it's similar to Otzi. :)

Ydna is like a Clan name to be proud of.. & isn't a Norse or Anglo invader. ;) Am happy.
Yes, we're both related to Otzi :D

Jonik
10-05-2013, 03:10 AM
I know it's one of those things you cannot change. But what was your first reaction when you found out your haplogroup/s? Were you pleased or disappointed?
I am happy with mine. I don't have the land of my ancestors, but I have theirs Y-DNA with me. My mom' by result of mtDNA given me the strong idea about her ancestors place - Finland (90% who have mtDNA: I1a1a), I am happy with it.

Tropico
10-05-2013, 03:15 AM
I guess. Paternally Not very typical for a Puerto Rican, even less for a Spaniard but whatever.
Maternally it was super expected so that's cool.

1stLightHorse
10-05-2013, 03:29 AM
I guess. Paternally Not very typical for a Puerto Rican, even less for a Spaniard but whatever.
Maternally it was super expected so that's cool.

What are the most common among Puerto Ricans?

Baluarte
10-05-2013, 03:54 AM
Y-DNA is e1b, Berber NA subclade. Mtdna is Siberian.

Rocks. In theory I have the survival kit for both the North African heat and the Siberian cold ^.^

Maleficent
10-05-2013, 04:52 AM
I have mtdna U2e1a. When I first got my own 23andme results it told me my direct maternal line is South Asian, which is wrong. 23andme wrongly has U2e and its subclades U2e1, U2e1a, and U2e1a1 listed as South Asian. The reality is: U2e and its subclades are an ancient European subclade of U2, which had diverged from the South Asian U2i over 50kya. So at first I was a little confused thinking my direct maternal line might be part Gypsy before I read up on it.
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_U_(mtDNA)#Haplogroup_U2

I thought my father and paternal grandmother's mtdna would be some sort of U or H, like most Europeans/WestAsians. It turned out to be H13a2 which is a subclade of H13. H13 peaks in the Caucasus area, specifically Dagestan, according to 23andme. Alberta speculates that my father may have direct maternal ancestry from these people because of it:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardaites

I was really hoping J2 for my dad's y haplogroup, but he ended up with E1b1b1c1a(E-M84 in short form), which is just as good! Here is a great article about E-M84:
http://rjgg.org/index.php/RJGG/article/download/48/59

Vojnik
10-05-2013, 04:57 AM
Very happy, especially with my Paternal HG. :)

Drawing-slim
10-05-2013, 05:14 AM
Should I be happy as well??:D

Vojnik
10-05-2013, 05:23 AM

Well, It comes down to how you feel personally. I think you should be as it's a haplogroup that's native to the Balkans, and Europe as a whole. :) HG I is not found anywhere outside of Europe.

What's your mtDNA?

7eleven
10-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Yes European on both sides :)

Learning_Genetics
10-05-2013, 05:48 AM
I will take a test for haplogroups but I am worried the test will be inaccurate or not comprehensive enough.

1stLightHorse
10-05-2013, 05:51 AM

Yes, you both should be especially happy with this...as am i. :grouphug:

Han Cholo
10-05-2013, 05:51 AM
I am whatever it may be.

Carlito's Way
10-05-2013, 08:28 AM
im not too happy with my ydna haplogroup cause i find it very boring
i like my mtdna cause i guess its rare and cool

Equilibrium
10-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Well, at first I was rather neutral since I wasn't very knowledgable about haplogroups and mine aren't very common, so I hadn't heard about them. But after researching what is available (there isn't that much research on them), I'm rather happy. I still don't know much about my mtDNA, but my Y-DNA is very cool. :cool:

The distribution of J2b2 in Anatolia is linked to Phrygian Settlements. My paternal line is from Sangarius, modern-day Sakarya, it's where the home of the Phrygians was located. So assuming my paternal line has indeed arrived with the Phrygians, they have been in Sakarya for 2700-3200 years.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8388/8675629245_0f99cf87c3_o.jpg

Tropico
10-05-2013, 12:34 PM
What are the most common among Puerto Ricans?

I think for YDNA r1b.... Like most Spaniards.
My mtDNA is very common though.

Jonik
10-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I will take a test for haplogroups but I am worried the test will be inaccurate or not comprehensive enough.
23&me - general idea about Y-DNA & mtDNA, less money;
FTDNA - with sub-Haplogroups/clasters complete for Y-DNA and mtDNA, more money.

Learning_Genetics
10-05-2013, 02:38 PM
23&me - general idea about Y-DNA & mtDNA, less money;
FTDNA - with sub-Haplogroups/clasters complete for Y-DNA and mtDNA, more money.

Thank you for your recommendation. I will investigate this possibility.

Jonik
10-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Thank you for your recommendation. I will investigate this possibility.
At FTDNA you can to participate in many projects (Y-DNA, mtDNA, others like" Lituania Propria", "Polish", etc for me.)
My recomendation to everyone: Y-DNA at least for 67 markers (111-max); mtDNA - mtFullSequence, no less (less will be so general result).
Good luck!

Norrbottning
10-06-2013, 01:52 PM
They are both common among my people and they greatly represents where I hail from (very far up north in the Nordic countries). So yes :)

Wulf Talented
12-17-2013, 10:55 AM
I was shocked to get an interesting combination for an Englishman. Both my Lines, Paternal and Maternal are English as far back as I can go on records - Late 1700's, lol.. So too see R1a and W1g gave me a shock, the R1a is expected to be Norse but 67 markers will define that, but the W1g, stumped!

Myth
01-03-2014, 04:44 AM
I am happy and feel proud to have middle eastern ancestry.

Mn The Loki TA Son
01-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Yes, I'm happy with my Haplogroups. my first reaction when I first discover what haplogroups I was a bit surprised. but I also was pleased. So Yes I'm happy/proud.

Mn The Loki TA Son
01-03-2014, 05:16 AM
Since I'm a Y-DNA J2 ,Haplogroup J rules! :cool:

Zmey Gorynych
01-03-2014, 05:29 AM
I bet there's been a lot sleepless nights and wet pillows for many members :laugh:

Sure thing Mr. C3 :laugh:

Caismeachd
01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
I'm neither happy with them or unhappy with them. They just are what they are.

Weedman
01-03-2014, 07:24 AM
I am happy with my haplogroup.
My Y-DNA was sort of both, a surprise (in a good way) and typical for my family's origins.

First I was to find it was marker of Celtic speakers in the Atlantic, and upon further testing I found it not only belongs to the "Scots-Model", but that certain markers were found with more frequency among families who had origins in the western Lowlands of Scotland.

I was proud because it reflected the genealogical origins of my father's line, who were Scotch-Irish that had originally came from the western Scottish Lowlands and the Anglo-Scottish Borders and also because it was said to be a marker of the Strathclyde Britons, in my case.

This got me more interested in the history of those people and I was also just generally proud of the fact they were some of the earlier, pre-Roman settlers in Scotland itself.

My mtdna is H and I have not done any further testing yet on it but I am still proud of it as being a very common marker found in European populations.

I dont place too much emphasis on them though, like some people, because the autosomal results are what truly matter .
But I am also proud of those as they too reflect the general background of my family history, coming mostly from the British Isles.

Mark
01-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Couldn't be happier... with all three of them.

armenianbodyhair
01-03-2014, 07:33 AM
I am so pissed.

Celxon
01-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Here's something that you can try. If you know the names of your various male ancestors, go to one of those family DNA web sites. If you know the date and place of his birth, you can discover his haplotype. So far, I've found R1b (two kinds), R1a, I1, and E3b in different ancestors' lines.

Siginulfo
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
So far, I only know my Y-DNA haplogroup. I was a bit shocked with it (I have a very rare E-M78 sub-clade), because there were not many in formations about it. Later I began to be proud of it, as my studies of the sub-clade were deepening my knowledge. Eventually I found that the highest STR variance was found in the Netherlands and the coalescence age 12.300 years old, so Late Mesolitic. Some weeks ago I discovered that the oldest boat in the world was discovered in the Netherlands, and the datings show that it was constructed soon after the birth of my sub-clade.
With my matches (all from Central and Northern Europe) I confirmed 1) my supposed Germanic ancestry and 2) the belonging to a noble family of Saxon origin.
So I'm definitely proud of it.

Loki
01-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Of course ... from the mighty Trojan War heroes.

Jackson
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Yeah, they seem to go well together.

Nehellenia
01-14-2014, 08:09 AM
I was a bit surprised. I was expecting it to be something more common like H. It's great that it's not very common (makes me special!) but there is very little information about it. There are only 6 people with it on the FTDNA database with my particular subclade, and I am one of them. So that makes 5 other people.

Same, i am surprised not to be something like H, there's nothing wrong with being H but i'm glad i'm not.
Wish i was something really more random though.. like haplogroup X or Y xD

Jackson
01-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Same, i am surprised not to be something like H, there's nothing wrong with being H but i'm glad i'm not.
Wish i was something really more random though.. like haplogroup X or Y xD

U is the best though, not rare but not too common. :P

Nehellenia
01-15-2014, 04:58 PM
yeah, i'm happy being U :P

Nehellenia
01-15-2014, 04:59 PM
it obviously has to be a paternal line male cousin or uncle, but i hope you find out which one :)

Graham
01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
U is the best though, not rare but not too common. :P

U is good. Family of K. :)

Persian Otomi
03-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Im proud of mine but haven't been able to learn more about them

Musso
03-29-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm in the process of finding out my haplogroup :D

StonyArabia
03-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes I like my Y lineage, but I love my mtDNA more because it goes back to Arabia and peaks there, so it confirms my great-great great great ancestress was Arabian through and through.

Dombra
03-29-2014, 11:10 PM
I do not know my hablogroups but I would I approve of most. R1b seems a bit boring though

Musso
04-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Not sure if I should be proud of E1b1b1a2...

7eleven
04-13-2014, 04:13 AM
yeah R1b and V7a is North European so its fine with me

Musso
04-13-2014, 04:20 AM
EDIT: V13 G > C E1b1b1a2, so indeed V13 is E1b1b1a2...

Anybody can shed more light on this haplogroup?

Musso
04-13-2014, 04:24 AM
I am reading this:

E1b1b1a2. V13
E1b1b1a2 (V13) is highest in the Balkan Peninsula (Albania 32%, Greece 18-45%) and diminishes from here northward. It overlaps with the previously identified E1b1b1a M78 a cluster, and makes up the majority of E chromosome types in Europe. This cluster was found primarily in Europe and to a lesser extent the Near East (e.g. 5% Turkey). It is rarely found outside of Europe.
For example, the most prevalent E subclade in Crete was defined as the E1b1b1a M78 a cluster. It is quite likely that Greece was the source of this subclade on Crete and that this subclade is common overall in the Aegean region. The estimates for the TMRCA of this subclade are 9-11kya outside of Europe (i.e. Near East) and 4-5kya in Europe. The expansion time for the E1b1b1a2 (V13) subclade in Greece is estimated around 4-9kya, somewhat preceding the estimate for the origin of this subclade, which is due to the use of different mutation rate models. The estimate for expansion on Crete is 3kya, which coincides with an influx of Mycenaean culture from the Greek mainland during the end of the Bronze Age. The E1b1b1a2 (V13) most closely follows the route proposed for Y-chromosome haplogroup J-M12 that was part of the late Neolithic introduction of farming and agriculture to Europe and the advances of the ensuing Bronze Age.

Does this necessarily mean that I have some connection to Greeks and or Albanians?

Thrax
04-13-2014, 06:07 PM
I am reading this:

Does this necessarily mean that I have some connection to Greeks and or Albanians?

Not necessarily, E-V13 can be found in almost all Europe and middle east. And why shouldn't you be proud of it? It's the haplogroup of people like the Wright Brothers and Caravaggio.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml#M78

Musso
04-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Not necessarily, E-V13 can be found in almost all Europe and middle east. And why shouldn't you be proud of it? It's the haplogroup of people like the Wright Brothers and Caravaggio.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml#M78

...and Hitler :/

Thrax
04-13-2014, 08:21 PM
...and Hitler :/

Hitler was E1b1, but we don't know if he was E-V13

Musso
04-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Hitler was E1b1, but we don't know if he was E-V13

Ah okay.

Seems E-V13 is well represented in Kosovo however

Thrax
04-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Ah okay.

Seems E-V13 is well represented in Kosovo however

This doesn't mean that whoever is E-V13 is associated with Kosovo though. There are for example many more greek, romanian and bulgarian men who are E-V13 than kosovar men in absolute number.

Musso
04-13-2014, 09:41 PM
This doesn't mean that whoever is E-V13 is associated with Kosovo though. There are for example much more greek, albanian and bulgarian men who are E-V13 than kosovar men in absolute number.

True, in all E-V13 seems to be dominated in the Balkans and general South-Eastern Europe. It seems not the be a "Germanic" or "Celtic" Haplogroup.

Oneeye
04-13-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm E1b1b1a. :D I'm just disappointed in the lack of information about it in Europe is all.

Black Wolf
04-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes I am. :)

Sehnsucht
04-15-2014, 01:02 AM
Yes, I am very proud of my paternal haplogroup I2b1* (yes, with the star, though I'm not sure what that means), it is a European haplogroup that seems to be consistent with my direct male line being German despite there possibly being Jewish heritage on that side of the family. I thank God I am not a J or something like that. I2b1* is not the most common one in Germany but is more common in Germany than anywhere else. I also share this haplogroup with Hersir, a Norwegian who used to post on the old Skadi Forum. My maternal haplogroup T2b is consistent with my Irish maternal ancestry, I could take it or leave it, I am not overly proud of it but I have no shame in it either.

Although I do not carry my maternal grandfather's YDNA, since between me and him there is a female, my uncle (mother's brother) was recently tested to be R1b1b2a1a, so I know my mother's father must carry this haplogroup as well. This is most common in Western Europe, not as much associated with Germany as it is with France and Spain, but still a European haplogroup nonetheless, and hence consistent with my maternal grandfather's male line being from Germany. Though I do not carry this I identify with it to a lesser extent, I am proud of my grandfather for having this haplogroup since it is associated with European ancestry.

I can only speculate on what maternal haplogroup my maternal granddad was. He did not have sisters, I will not be able to figure out this unless I test a direct female from one of his maternal aunts. My maternal granddad's mom was from Bohemia in the Sudeten German area, H maybe?

Some people discount haplogroups as meaningless information. While it is true that your haplogroup represents only 1 ancestor in millions, your haplogroup can give off a slight clue about where your other ancestors might have lived. Having a European haplogroup certainly does not mean that all your other ancestors were European, but it does indicate European ancestry on other lines, if you can trace your direct paternal or maternal line to Europe then there is a good chance you can trace at least some of your other lines to there as well.

Your haplogroups are an important minority of your DNA preserved and left intact from tens of thousands of years passed down to you. They are legacies. They are part of your identity and represent membership of generations upon generations of consecutive uninterrupted male and female direct lines. A males paternal haplogroup is in a way, like his last name. It is an important part of his identity, an identity passed down from father to son over many generations, for example I'm an I2b1* male, that's part of my identity. Since it is inherited paternally, most people should be able to link their YDNA haplogroup with their surname, for example my I2b1* could be said to be the Wittenberg haplogroup and my uncles R1b1b2a1a the Wessel haplogroup. But unlike surnames, which on direct paternal lines can change in a few generations (typically not, but sometimes), YDNA haplogroup does not.

Black Wolf
04-15-2014, 01:37 AM
Yes, I am very proud of my paternal haplogroup I2b1* (yes, with the star, though I'm not sure what that means), it is a European haplogroup that seems to be consistent with my direct male line being German despite there possibly being Jewish heritage on that side of the family. I thank God I am not a J or something like that. I2b1* is not the most common one in Germany but is more common in Germany than anywhere else. I also share this haplogroup with Hersir, a Norwegian who used to post on the old Skadi Forum. My maternal haplogroup T2b is consistent with my Irish maternal ancestry, I could take it or leave it, I am not overly proud of it but I have no shame in it either.

Although I do not carry my maternal grandfather's YDNA, since between me and him there is a female, my uncle (mother's brother) was recently tested to be R1b1b2a1a, so I know my mother's father must carry this haplogroup as well. This is most common in Western Europe, not as much associated with Germany as it is with France and Spain, but still a European haplogroup nonetheless, and hence consistent with my maternal grandfather's male line being from Germany. Though I do not carry this I identify with it to a lesser extent, I am proud of my grandfather for having this haplogroup since it is associated with European ancestry.

I can only speculate on what maternal haplogroup my maternal granddad was. He did not have sisters, I will not be able to figure out this unless I test a direct female from one of his maternal aunts. My maternal granddad's mom was from Bohemia in the Sudeten German area, H maybe?

Some people discount haplogroups as meaningless information. While it is true that your haplogroup represents only 1 ancestor in millions, your haplogroup can give off a slight clue about where your other ancestors might have lived. Having a European haplogroup certainly does not mean that all your other ancestors were European, but it does indicate European ancestry on other lines, if you can trace your direct paternal or maternal line to Europe then there is a good chance you can trace at least some of your other lines to there as well.

Your haplogroups are an important minority of your DNA preserved and left intact from tens of thousands of years passed down to you. They are legacies. They are part of your identity and represent membership of generations upon generations of consecutive uninterrupted male and female direct lines. A males paternal haplogroup is in a way, like his last name. It is an important part of his identity, an identity passed down from father to son over many generations, for example I'm an I2b1* male, that's part of my identity. Since it is inherited paternally, most people should be able to link their YDNA haplogroup with their surname, for example my I2b1* could be said to be the Wittenberg haplogroup and my uncles R1b1b2a1a the Wessel haplogroup. But unlike surnames, which on direct paternal lines can change in a few generations (typically not, but sometimes), YDNA haplogroup does not.

What's wrong with Y-DNA haplogroup J?

MfA_
04-17-2014, 12:09 PM
I found out I'm in D clade, so far it has a wide geographical range from Yemen to Europe, but certainly not Arabian or Jewish specific clade. My full matches are a Belgian and a Dutch, and 1GD from an Algerian, Anatolian, French, Utah mormon.

I am reading this:

You could be related to original Armenian language bearers who came from Balkans to the historical Armenia. Which side of your family is European?

DataType
05-18-2014, 07:26 AM
It was mentioned in a few core science classes, though specifics and details of individual haplogroups were not studied at the couple of schools I went in the USA.

Longbowman
05-18-2014, 11:55 AM
My YDNA is a little unusual and I was surprised but it's still cool. My mtDNA is very common among AJs but my mother isn't an AJ, so that was really surprising.

Graham
05-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Sound as a pound. That maternal line goes back in the family tree to Ireland actually.

The Indo-European branches of mtDNA K -- Eupedia
One way to determine which subclades of K were diffused by the Indo-Europeans is to look for subclades that are consistently found in all populations with high levels of haplogroup R1b in Europe, around the Caucasus, in the Near East and in Central Asia.

K1a1a is found all around Central Asia, as well as central and western Europe, and could be linked to R1b. K1c is also common in Central Asia. K1c1 is particularly common in Slavic countries, while K1c2 is more common in Germanic countries. Both could be associated with R1a. The presence of K1c2 has been confirmed in Tajikistan, a country that has 30% of R1a and only 3% of R1b.

K2b was found by Keyser et al. (2009) in Bronze Age samples related to the Andronovo culture from the Krasnoyarskarea in southern Siberia. The male samples tested from the same site belonged R1a. Nowadays K2b is found mostly incentral and north-eastern Europe (R1a countries) and can therefore safely be linked to the diffusion of the R1a branch of the Indo-Europeans.

Data for deep subclades outside Europe is still sparse, but other potential candidates include K1a3 and K2a6. Note that K1a4 was also found among Neolithic farmers in Germany, but since most K1a subclades originated in the Near East it should not be surprising to find overlaps between Neolithic farmers and Bronze Age Indo-European invaders. It is also the most common subclade in Northwest Europe.

Insuperable
05-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes, I am happy. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing that come to mind are haplogroups. It makes my day a lot easier.

Caismeachd
05-18-2014, 01:43 PM
My halpogroups place me as a prehistoric kelt. So I am happy with them.

cally
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes but I wasn't expecting it. I thought U4 was Slavic and Balto-Nordic?

Briand
05-18-2014, 02:28 PM
R-L21>DF63 confirmed Breton, not unexpected or anything. Who wouldn't be proud of such a thing, unless it revealed you were unexpectedly admixed i.e: wog.

Catkin
05-18-2014, 04:06 PM
23andme were only able to tell me that I'm H, which doesn't really narrow things down very much. jameslick.com suggested I might be H17 of some type; 23andme doesn't seem to assign people to this group. It seems quite rare so I can't find much out about it. Still, not unhappy. I've ordered tests for my parents and my maternal uncle so I'm looking forward to finding out the y-dna and mtdna on each side.

Graham
05-18-2014, 04:11 PM
23andme were only able to tell me that I'm H, which doesn't really narrow things down very much. jameslick.com suggested I might be H17 of some type; 23andme doesn't seem to assign people to this group. It seems quite rare so I can't find much out about it. Still, not unhappy. I've ordered tests for my parents and my maternal uncle so I'm looking forward to finding out the y-dna and mtdna on each side.

I know your surname & it's very English sounding. My bet would be a Saxon I1 y-dna type

Catkin
05-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I know your surname & it's very English sounding. My bet would be a Saxon I1 y-dna type

Ok, your bet's recorded :p. My dad's side is more Germanic I expect, though my guess for my y-dna on my mum's side is also I1. They're Irish, but the name's not; I think the direct male line on that side goes back to northern England.

paksaltopam
05-24-2014, 08:13 AM
I liked it at first cause it's rare. I didn't want to be a generic like H. But I haven't met another X2f. None of my 800 "relatives" on 23andme are X2f either. I also can't find a lot of info or any info on X2f

xajapa
05-26-2014, 07:27 PM
I am even more so happy with my y-dna, now that they are offering SNPs that even further define and refine the haplogroup and its subclade.

Styrian Mujo
05-26-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't know what my Y-DNA Hg is but I hope I don't have one of those accursed Afro-Asiatic Y-DNA. They way I see it is I have 50% chance of getting I2a as my Y-DNA being of Slovene and Serbocroat ancestry.

Linebacker
05-26-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't know them.I'll probably never do a test either.Im a looker and my muscles grow good,that's all that I care about myself physically.

Xanthias
05-26-2014, 07:41 PM
What does it change if you are happy or not with your haplogroups ?

Harrow
05-26-2014, 07:52 PM
I was intrigued when I found out that my Y-DNA haplogroup was R-S21/U106, "Proto-Germanic". The haplogroup was the the dominant group among West Germanic tribes, and it spread to England between the 3rd and 10th centuries with the Anglo-Saxons. It penetrated into Scandinavia around 1700 BCE, helping to form the Nordic Bronze Age.

Grace O'Malley
06-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Super happy. I always thought that my dad's haplotype would be M222 because he was from one of the hotspots for this. Just confirmed today that we are Niall of the Nine Hostages haplotype R1b1b2a1a2f2 through my brother. It's a relatively young clade of about 1,500 - 2,000 years old and known as the Northwest Irish/Lowland Scots variety. It is downstream from L21.

RedLight
06-26-2014, 11:02 AM
I was not happy with mine so I make trade with someone else results now I am very much happy! :)

1stLightHorse
06-26-2014, 11:05 AM
I was not happy with mine so I make trade with someone else results now I am very much happy! :)

:lol:

RedLight
06-26-2014, 11:07 AM
:lol:

You are laughing to me vaginaface?

1stLightHorse
06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
You are laughing to me vaginaface?

Yes drunkie, i am.:D

RedLight
06-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Yes drunkie, i am.:D

I only drink the juice from your mother.... she come to me and cut the orange and squeeze fresh juice in a cup.

cally
07-27-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm happy with mine although I wanted a Neolithic mtDNA haplogroup.
Very happy with my father's Y-DNA :)

Black Wolf
07-27-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm happy with mine although I wanted a Neolithic mtDNA haplogroup.
Very happy with my father's Y-DNA :)

Hey now be proud of your mtDNA U European Mesolithic hunter-gatherer ancestry! :)

Geminus
07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Didn't test my haplogroup yet, but if I did it would probably just be some kind of boring R1b ;)

Imam
08-04-2015, 09:06 AM
I don't care about them because they are pointless. Only good if you want to know more about your ancestry and origin. Do those haplogroups make miracles in your life?

Longbowman
08-04-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't care about them because they are pointless. Only good if you want to know more about your ancestry and origin. Do those haplogroups make miracles in your life?

You could do a better job of hiding who you actually are. I mean, why would a non-troll/sock join this site if they didn't care about those things, even if we were to overlook your name and very superficial style of trolling? Knowing as you did the nature of this place before you joined it you could hardly have picked a worse name. Next time pick a cool name, like Darkblade or something.

Journeyman26
08-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Hmmm well my ytDNA, R1b u152 (s28) is pretty vanilla.. no surprises there because of my ancestry; but my mtDNA X2d is pretty neat. Haplogroup X being one of the rarest, most ancient, and widely dispersed haplogroups. Of the subgroups of X, x2d is one of the rarest, found in Greece and around the Black Sea. Because of its small numbers, and huge range, theories on haplogroup Xs origins are very colorful.. my favorite being "the Atlantean haplogroup".

Overall it is comforting to know that my haplogroups are endemic to where my ancestry is actually from. Showing my family has been there a long time.

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-05-2015, 12:07 AM
I have a common ydna and a rare mtdna haplogroup. I guess i'm happy with them. I don't care,to be honest. What do my haplogroups do for me? They don't do anything for me. They don't effect my life in anyway. You can look up and read up on your haplogroups if you're interested in that kind of thing and you can put them on your profile when you're on genetic sites but that's it. There are people on here who are lame and take it too far. Some people on here wouldn't talk to or date someone if they didn't have the "right" haplogroups.

CordedWhelp
09-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Sure I'm happy with them. It's history.

Gooding
09-17-2015, 03:37 AM
I'm I1 on my Y- DNA and K2 on my Mom's mt- DNA. I'm thinking the X chromosome I inherited from her must be from her Dad. Steven Colbert is also K2 and apparently a distant relative, according to 23andMe.

Annie999
09-17-2015, 03:39 AM
Happy with my female halagroup H1e, but I don't know my "Y" halagroup :(

Dylan
09-17-2015, 04:02 AM
Neither happy with my Y or my Mtdna
R1b is too basic
H is also too basic
It feels like half the world is H lol

Longbowman
09-17-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking the X chromosome I inherited from her must be from her Dad.

Not possible.

Steven Colbert is also K2 and apparently a distant relative, according to 23andMe.

All Ks (including superior K1s, like me) get that.

Iloko
09-17-2015, 11:17 AM
It was boring

My Maternal haplogroup was Southeast Asian

My Paternal was haplogroup C which I'm not exactly sure what that means for a Filipino

Gaston
09-17-2015, 11:32 AM
It was boring

My Maternal haplogroup was Southeast Asian

My Paternal was haplogroup C which I'm not exactly sure what that means for a Filipino

Your paternal haplogroup is very interesting! it branched off before 90% of other modern Eurasian paternal lines (most descending from K, like O, N and R). The only comparable lineages to C (in East Asia) are D and maybe F*.

Grab the Gauge
09-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Old MacDonald had a farm, E1b1a
And on that farm he had some slaves, E1b1a

Gooding
09-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Not possible.

All Ks (including superior K1s, like me) get that.
Interesting you would say that. We inherit one X chromosome from our mother and one from our father. Women inherit two X chromosomes from both of their parents. You're telling me that it's a guarantee that the X chromosome we inherit from our mothers must be from their own mothers?? https://www.23andme.com/gen101/origins/ http://www.dnainheritance.kahikatea.net/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_chromosome Perhaps so. Interesting..

Tchek
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Not really.
First I've got R1b, which is cool, but they didn't even precise the subclades.

Second, my mtDNA is HV0 and there is very little information about it.

But otherwise they are the usual haplogroups for a west Euro.

Oneeye
09-17-2015, 03:50 PM
How can someone NOT be "happy" with theirs? This doesn't make sense to me.

Oneeye
09-17-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm I1 on my Y- DNA and K2 on my Mom's mt- DNA. I'm thinking the X chromosome I inherited from her must be from her Dad. Steven Colbert is also K2 and apparently a distant relative, according to 23andMe.

X chromosome is not related to mtDNA. But I also suspect that my X chromosome is from my maternal grandfather, because mine is painted as Scando on 23andme and his mother is the Norwegian American in my family.

Gooding
09-17-2015, 03:55 PM
How can someone NOT be "happy" with theirs? This doesn't make sense to me.

Well, maybe somebody thought that their haplogroup was something indigenous to Europe only to find out that the origins were recent African? maybe somebody thought they had an indigenous North American haplotype that would up being European? Genetic genealogy can be quite surprising to some people, some surprises pleasant, others not so much.

Gooding
09-17-2015, 03:57 PM
X chromosome is not related to mtDNA. But I also suspect that my X chromosome is from my maternal grandfather, because mine is painted as Scando on 23andme and his mother is the Norwegian American in my family.

Okay, well, count me confused. How is the X chromosome not related to the mt- DNA?

Dylan
09-17-2015, 03:58 PM

23andme gave me a transistional haplogroup, so that's a real load of shit. It barely tells me anything. R1B woohoo as if I didn't already know I was West European lol, I'd be happy if I knew the subclade

Oneeye
09-17-2015, 04:03 PM
23andme gave me a transistional haplogroup, so that's a real load of shit. It barely tells me anything. R1B woohoo as if I didn't already know I was West European lol, I'd be happy if I knew the subclade

I'm going to do another test for my haplogroup, someday. 23andme isn't the best for that, though they are good for autosomal DNA.

Oneeye
09-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Okay, well, count me confused. How is the X chromosome not related to the mt- DNA?

mt stands for mitochondria. They are a organelle inside of your cells.... the powerhouses of your cells. They carry unique DNA (and are believed to have different origins). Also, they are only passed down maternally, due to being present in ovum but not sperm, whereas X chromosomes are inheritable from both mother and father. (and inheriting two x chromosomes results in one being a female)

Gooding
09-17-2015, 04:08 PM

That's interesting and thank you for clearing that up for me. My X chromosome reads as British and Irish on 23andMe, so I reckon I got that chromosome from old Boyd McDonald, as well. 61059

Longbowman
09-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Interesting you would say that. We inherit one X chromosome from our mother and one from our father. Women inherit two X chromosomes from both of their parents. You're telling me that it's a guarantee that the X chromosome we inherit from our mothers must be from their own mothers?? https://www.23andme.com/gen101/origins/ http://www.dnainheritance.kahikatea.net/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_chromosome Perhaps so. Interesting..

You were implying your mtDNA was from a non direct maternal ancestor, which is impossible.

Gooding
09-17-2015, 05:11 PM
You were implying your mtDNA was from a non direct maternal ancestor, which is impossible.

Quite right. I thought it was so and I was wrong. Thank you for the correction. :yo:

Hevo
09-18-2015, 06:52 PM
I'm going to do another test for my haplogroup, someday. 23andme isn't the best for that, though they are good for autosomal DNA.

You should check this site if you are interested in your Y-DNA https://www.yseq.net/ It's cheaper than FTDNA Y-Dna tests and i heard that there is less wait time for the the results compared to both 23andme and FTDNA.

CordedWhelp
09-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Second, my mtDNA is HV0 and there is very little information about it.

Not my same haplogroup, but I know the feelz.

King Niko
09-18-2015, 07:10 PM
I do not know my haplogroup, so idk

Mrk95
08-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Yes.

Ülev
08-25-2016, 09:16 PM
I am so happy that I do not have R1a - rethelian haplo!

de Burgh II
08-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Its fine; interesting to look into if you want to get a good idea of the prevalence of said haplogroup(s) as with the history behind them which are interesting reads nonetheless.

Aryana
09-02-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm not ,wish i was I ..

Rethel
09-02-2016, 12:08 PM
I was a bit surprised. I was expecting it to be something more common like H.

You should be happy, that it wans't Y hg :)

Rethel
09-02-2016, 12:08 PM
When I looked in the results my reaction was:... eee so boring... majority hg... :picard1:

Charles Bronson
09-03-2016, 07:27 PM
I was a little bit nervous, but Im satisfied with my haplogroup Q-m25

Pahli
09-03-2016, 07:29 PM
J1 master race

Norka
09-04-2016, 06:38 AM
E-V13 nothing but Congo. Lovin it! :thumb001:

Murri
09-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Yes, haplogroups mean everything to me

de Burgh II
09-04-2016, 07:09 AM
No.. I iz disappoint! :mad:

Boooooooooo!

Rethel
09-04-2016, 07:55 AM
No.. I iz disappoint! :mad:

Boooooooooo!

Why?

Profileid
09-04-2016, 07:59 AM
How is this something you could even have an opinion about?

Rethel
09-04-2016, 08:35 AM
How is this something you could even have an opinion about?

You are right.
It is like: are you happy abouyt your parents? About four family or, are you happy that you are who you are?

Profileid
09-04-2016, 08:36 AM
You are right.
It is like: are you happy abouyt your parents? About four family or, are you happy that you are who you are?

It's actually not like that at all

Longbowman
09-04-2016, 11:21 AM
You are right.

So, considering you said you were disappointed, you are disappointed in who you are and who your family is, yes?

Rethel
09-04-2016, 12:11 PM
double

Rethel
09-04-2016, 12:12 PM
So, considering you said you were disappointed, you are disappointed in who you are and who your family is, yes?

No.

If you are making a genealogical research, and you find - oh, my granpa
was named John, like 50% of people at that time in that village, I hoped
he was named Athaulf or something similar... - it means, that you are
disapointed in your grandpa per se?

I simply have so problems with hgs, so I was prepered for every opportunity. If R - ok,
fine, if Q - fine too, I am uniqe aso. If I would be uniqe, my reaction would be.. oh... I
am asian... ok, not problem - similar to the majority result. And I knew some things about
hgs and their ethnical connections at that time, so it was for me known as an option from
many known to me possibilities. Simply - I do not emotionate about this, and my surprize
could be long as 5 seconds max. So this is not something what you can call as being
disapointed in family, rather as a became aware of nothing exotic.

At the time when I was tested it was known only that hgs existed, and when I get my
results, it was only a map of Europe with five points on her - unique too, but until this
day I have no idea what it meant. One guy in south Poland, one in Bukarest, in Kyjev,
one in Riga and one somewhere between Hungary Serbia or Romania - I dont remember
exactly. So at that time it gave me not to much about my origin, and about my direct
rethelness - am I rethel or not... Especially, that I expected something similar to the
area of Germany, Italy or something common with western Europe. It wasn't good time
for specific subclades and long specific describings.

But of course after that I was happy becasue it was mine hg,
and still I am happy about my indoeuropeandom as it is visible.

This is why I don't get, why someone can be not happy with hg which he has.
Simply he has it, the same as he has some family, clan and nationality - and this
is objectivly exactly the same in every case.

If I would be Q, N, E whatever, I would be then interested in culture, history, race,
and possibly language, of that group of people, because it would be mine hg, no
matter what hg - coincidently I have R1, so I am interested in that group of people.

Btw, I knew more than decade before I was tested, that I can't be sure who am I according
to ancient population (present big population groups), neither that I am a local Oldeuropean,
neither that I am a new Indoeuropean, or that I am some traveller from who knows where...
Obvious was, that people mixed and there was no way to know that for sure, so I was quitely
laughing in my room as a child over all racists and people who were aryanists-indoeuropeists,
becasue there was probablity, that they are not, who they think they are, or wish to be - and
for that to know, there was no need of hg research my jewish fellow. It was enaugh to think
about it a little...

So I knew, that I can be IE, OE, ME, Asian, whatever, since many years before hg were created
and known. Hg on her own is nothing and means nothing. It has a meaning only, if is a signature
of something else. This is why Y-hgs are meaningfull and mt-hgs are not. If a gen of the little
toe in the left leg would described the lineage and tribe, then he would be important, not Y-hg.

So the letter of hg has the same meaning as letters in this word, describing something
different, than shape of letters and themselves. Aren't they? The same is with any other
expression of similar things, as surname, genealogy, language, name of tribe aso, which
have meaning only, when they are conected to something. It is not enaugh (for example)
to have surnmane smith to be "our smith" - there is need for something more, and the
same is with hgs, which are describing paleoethnicities, which had their own life, territory,
customs, languages, sometimes race and history, which has continuity until this day,
becasue you can describe the such things as Indoeuropeans, Semites, Chineses, Amerindians...

And this is what gives the importance of such thing as hg - the letter is not importnat,
important is the contens and adds to that particular lineage what means people from
that lineage, becasue lineage without people is empty also.

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't know what mine is, and I wouldn't care what it is.

Charles Bronson
09-04-2016, 12:39 PM
I don't know what mine is, and I wouldn't care what it is.

Maybe a Turkic Hg from a Tatar.

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 01:19 PM

A couple interesting things about the haplogroup breakdowns for Ukrainians

-More J than you might otherwise think.

-More Q than any other European population, it appears.

-Notable presence of E3b

-Very little N3, unlike Russians

The following pie chart for Ukrainians doesn't exactly strongly resemble any other European population.

Anyone who doesn't think Ukrainians are a unique population is quite mistaken. ;)

http://i2.wp.com/thedockyards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Genetic-Map-of-Europe.png

Norka
09-04-2016, 01:25 PM

https://otvet.imgsmail.ru/download/28886538_f22262c8ba884d7508cef20803f6fd4a_800.jpg

ЛыSSый
09-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Anyone who doesn't think Ukrainians are a unique population is quite mistaken. ;)

let me say some more to you: any population is unique by definition. And it's not secret that russians by whole middile centuries slavicied civilicied different wild tribes.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 03:29 PM
https://otvet.imgsmail.ru/download/28886538_f22262c8ba884d7508cef20803f6fd4a_800.jpg

This guy is very similar to Ruuriikko... :p

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Rurik_titularnik.jpg

Norka
09-04-2016, 03:34 PM
This guy is very similar to Ruuriikko... :p

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Rurik_titularnik.jpg

Both have chinky y-dna. Rurik N1c1 and the Ukrainain mongol probs has R1a. Asian brotherhood. :rolleyes:

Journeyman26
09-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I mean with my R1b-U152 it confirmed my paternal line, father to son, has been in in the N. Italy area for a few thousand years so that was pretty neat... as for my X2d mtDNA, it added a little mystery to the equation heh.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Both have chinky y-dna. Rurik N1c1 (...) Asian brotherhood. :rolleyes:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=61811&d=1473004884

r0karoka
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Haplogroups don't mean anything. You could have a black Grandmother and still get R1B haplogroup, doesn't mean you're white.

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Haplogroups don't mean anything. You could have a black Grandmother and still get R1B haplogroup, doesn't mean you're white.

Haplogroups are much more interesting for examining the collective origins of populations. You're right that they're not very meaningful on an individual level.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 04:22 PM
You could have a black Grandmother and still get R1B haplogroup

You should contemplate on this part deeper.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 04:23 PM
collective origins of populations.

In Soviets - maybe?

You're right that they're not very meaningful on an individual level.

If you are noone from nowhere, then yes...

Rethel
09-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Haplogroups don't mean anything.

The very fact, that your son/grandson is your's means nothing to you?

Pahli
09-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Both have chinky y-dna. Rurik N1c1 and the Ukrainain mongol probs has R1a. Asian brotherhood. :rolleyes:

J & E master race

Journeyman26
09-04-2016, 04:26 PM

They are for long term population migration studies, not for autosomal studies. Much like an individuals autosomal DNA have little bearing when describing a population. If you have R1b, your father had it, and his father, and his father .. etc. back until the first person to have the specific branch of R1b you carry.

Norka
09-04-2016, 04:33 PM
J & E master race

Easily bro! :thumbs up Neolithic Pride!

Pahli
09-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Easily bro! :thumbs up Neolithic Pride!

R & N are mongoloid haplos, no ty.

Norka
09-04-2016, 04:38 PM
R & N are mongoloid haplos, no ty.

They can't swing from trees like I can.

r0karoka
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
You should contemplate on this part deeper.

If your dad's mother is of African descent, you can still get the R1B haplogroup from your father. That still doesn't mean you or him are white/european.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
They can't swing from trees like I can.

Yes, we have some problems with that... :(

But we can fly in the air!

http://htigers.webs.com/photos/MASTER-RODRIGUEZ/06-Flying%20Side%20Kick%20black%20background%202x3%20 low%20res.JPG

Rethel
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM
If your dad's mother is of African descent, you can still get the R1B haplogroup from your father. That still doesn't mean you or him are white/european.

You didn't make a use of your brain.

So I will give you a little help parafrazing your words:

Race means nothing. You could
have a black grandmother, being
1/4 black yourself, and still be R1b!

Ülev
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Yes, we have some problems with that... :(

But we can fly in the air!

http://htigers.webs.com/photos/MASTER-RODRIGUEZ/06-Flying%20Side%20Kick%20black%20background%202x3%20 low%20res.JPG

second half Kazkhstan C2b Poland R1a 0:2

football qualifications

r0karoka
09-04-2016, 05:15 PM
You didn't make a use of your brain.

So I will give you a little help parafrazing your words:

Race means nothing. You could
have a black grandmother, being
1/4 black yourself, and still be R1b!

It doesn't mean anything, you're still not european/white. You're pretty autistic, no offence.

XvThomas_LysergicV
09-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Yep. My haplogroups could have been any combination of hapolgroups and I would have been satisfied. To honest I don't care about them. When I first found out what they were,I was a little interested. I looked some stuff up about them but after the first week or so I was over it. They might be important to some people on these kind of forums but not to the majority of people. Not to me. Since the dawn of time people have lived their whole lives happily never knowing what their haplogroups were. 90% of people in the real world don't even know what a haplogroup is. Anyone of any race,ethnicity or mixture can have any type of haplogroup. So I thinks it dumb for people to discriminate against someone just because they have a certain haplogroup

Zmey Gorynych
09-04-2016, 06:14 PM
It could've been worse.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 06:17 PM
It doesn't mean anything, you're still not european/white. You're pretty autistic, no offence.

:picard2:

Rethel
09-04-2016, 06:18 PM
people to discriminate against someone just because they have a certain haplogroup

:picard2:

Halgurd
09-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Wasn't disappointed or happy lol cuz at that time I didn't even know what it meant. But now yeh I am proud i guess

Shepherd
09-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Idk mine but G2a would be cool to have

CrazyDaisy
09-04-2016, 07:49 PM
I didn't have too much of a reaction, since I wasn't an expert on haplogroups when I found out. I was a bit surprised when I found out it was unusual for Latin Americans to have European mtdna.

dddcc
09-04-2016, 07:59 PM
I was surprised by my Y-DNA (R1b is rare in Tunisia).
My mtDNA too is rare in Tunisia but is widespread amongst Subsaharan Africans and Afro-Americans.
There are conflicting informations about the origin of R1b, according to wikipedia, it originated in West-Asia though I learnt from anthropology forums that an origin near the Ural or in Western Europe (Spain or Italy) could be likely as well.

Herr Abubu
09-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Old MacDonald had a farm, E1b1a
And on that farm he had some slaves, E1b1a

Best post of 2015.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Best post of 2015.

Where did he write this?! I must give him thumb up and rep! :)

Herr Abubu
09-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Where did he write this?! I must give him thumb up and rep! :)

The quote redirects you.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 08:52 PM
The quote redirects you.

Yea, I didn't think about it :picard1:

Rethel
09-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Can someone say, why he is dissappointed about his hg?
Five people voted like that, and sixth said it in disscussion...

http://b3.pinger.pl/cbcf870238b013ae939385368eb1b3fd/why-why.jpg

Rethel
09-04-2016, 09:01 PM
There are conflicting informations about the origin of R1b

Origins are quite clear - it is a branch of Indoeuropeans "originated"
among IndoeuR1opean tribe. It does not matter where they were at
the moment geographically, becasue they were in constant movement,
looking for prey and later looking for pasture for their cattle...

Longbowman
09-04-2016, 10:09 PM
The very fact, that your son/grandson is your's means nothing to you?

So, your daughter's sons, what are they?

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
09-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Does it matter?

If it did, I would be a Celtiberian.

That's probably what Rethel thinks I am.

I wish I was :( I love Iberians - autosomally Irish share little with them - but the Y-DNA is the same.

I've heard conflicting things - I've once heard 'Y DNA' affects even brain functioning, if it were true this would mean it really does matter.

Also maternally my haplogroup belongs to the very first Europeans, I believe.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:16 PM
So, your daughter's sons, what are they?

They are daughter's sons, who they can be else?

Ülev
09-04-2016, 10:20 PM
Can someone say, why he is dissappointed about his hg?
Five people voted like that, and sixth said it in disscussion...

They expected to be I1ndigenous but test showed R1efugees?

Longbowman
09-04-2016, 10:21 PM
They are daughter's sons, who they can be else?

And they differ to you from your son's sons?

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:22 PM
I've heard conflicting things - I've once heard 'Y DNA' affects even brain functioning, if it were true this would mean it really does matter.

Of course this affects brain, and everything, becasue in this
chromosome are all differences between mens and women.

Btw, women also are getting their identity form their fathers.

Egg is neutral, like a soil in which seed is planted.
Wheet is not realte to the soil, but to another grain.
If it would be growed on the same field with kraut, it
doesn;t make it closer relate with kraut, does it?

Btw people gets more genetic data from spermatozoon,
something close to 60%, and sperm is influenced female
behavior/genetic - maybe this is the reason, why these
who are sleeping with many guys are more psychos...

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
And they differ to you from your son's sons?

Of course, because they belonged to this guy, who is married to my daughter.
They are his sons, not mine. Would you wish, that some strange guy have
something to your children (even if this is your father-in-law)?

Annie999
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
I onnly know my female halagroup (H1e), I'm very curious to know my YDNA, it comes from north italy, wonder what it could be.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
09-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Of course this affects brain, and everything, becasue in this
chromosome are all differences between mens and women.

Btw, women also are getting their identity form their fathers.

Egg is neutral, like a soil in which seed is planted.
Wheet is not realte to the soil, but to another grain.
If it would be growed on the same field with kraut, it
doesn;t make it closer relate with kraut, does it?

Btw people gets more genetic data from spermatozoon,
something close to 60%, and sperm is influenced female
behavior/genetic - maybe this is the reason, why these
who are sleeping with many guys are more psychos...

Yeah.

https://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/Friendship-Pins/Spain/Flag-Pins-Spain-Ireland.jpg

arriba arriba!!!!

greatest haplogroup of all, then.

Longbowman
09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Of course, because they belonged to this guy, who is married to my daughter.
They are his sons, not mine. Would you wish, that some strange guy have
something to your children (even if this is your father-in-law)?

You are extremely degenerate.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
09-04-2016, 10:28 PM
For Ydna was surprised. Its not a very common haplogroup for my ethnicity / demographic
I wouldn't say happy though. Was just expecting some overly Common R1b or R1a boring haplogroup so I was surprised with it

But MTDNA wise im glad about it but I expected something along those lines

Dick
I onnly know my female halagroup (H1e), I'm very curious to know my YDNA, it comes from north italy, wonder what it could be.

you're cute

Rethel
The same of course my sisters by paternal uncle are closer to me,
than childrens of my aunts... In old polish such sibligs were called
even (there is no terms in english enaugh) bornish, the same as
normal siblings, and there was no big difference.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM
You are extremely degenerate.

:picard1:

Longbowman
09-04-2016, 10:31 PM

'My daughters are property I will give to someone else and then they can do whatever they want with her.'

Of course the reality is that it is 2016 and your daughters, if you ever have any, will simply disobey you, but ho hum, still degenerate for not caring about family.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:35 PM
'My daughters are property I will give to someone else and then they can do whatever they want with her.'

Where did you read it in my posts?

Of course the reality is that it is 2016 and your daughters, if you ever have any, will simply disobey you, but ho hum, still degenerate for not caring about family.

You have so low IQ, that you cant distinguished "close people" from "kinsmen".

Kinsman doesnt have to be close to you, but close person can not be even
realted to you. It can be for example taken for raising, becasue has no relatives.

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 10:35 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mater_semper_certa_est

I wonder what Rethel thinks of this concept...

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Of course the reality is that it is 2016

And you are a member of people who still belive in jins in the
basement and descriminate people who had not cosher parent... :picard2:

will simply disobey you

If they will disobey me, why do you care about their children? :picard1:

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:39 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mater_semper_certa_est

I wonder what Rethel thinks of this concept...

Good for slaves, whoresons and idiots.

If you are one of these three, I will support you :)

Rethel
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Btw, it is shocking, that some guys really want be mommy's boys... and they want to
raise not their own children, but children of other guys... :picard2: yet fifty years ago noone
normal would even shake your hand and you would be excluded from any normal society...
These are strange barbaric views not worthy of a male's attantion at all...

ЛыSSый
09-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Gossips says that Rethel payd bribe for change haplogroup from C3 to R1.

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Btw, it is shocking, that some guys really want be mommy's boys... and they want to
raise not their own children, but children of other guys... :picard2: yet fifty years ago noone
normal would even shake your hand and you would be excluded from any normal society...
These are strange barbaric views not worthy of a male's attantion at all...

No one ever said that.

Rather, children are 50% of what the mother is, and 50% of what the father is. No other way around it.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 11:03 PM
No one ever said that.

Rather, children are 50% of what the mother is, and 50% of what the father is. No other way around it.

So your grandson will be only quater of you - so not yours almost at all... :picard2:

Say such revelations to emperor Akihito. Since 2700 years he and his family did not know
about this... wait a moment, it was not even his family! :blink: All historical books are lying!

Longbowman
09-04-2016, 11:03 PM
And you are a member of people who still belive in jins in the
basement and descriminate people who had not cosher parent... :picard2:

Jinns in the cellar?

If they will disobey me, why do you care about their children? :picard1:

:laugh:

filthy degenerate.

Dema
09-04-2016, 11:06 PM
These tests are taking forever... I need that haplo

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM
So your grandson will be only quater of you

Yes, a quarter - what else? And this would be so regardless of whether he's my grandson via my daughter or son.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Jinns in the cellar?

Maybe, I am not fluent in jewish supersticism... to much things to remember...

Rethel
09-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Yes, a quarter - what else? And this would be so regardless of whether he's my grandson via my daughter or son.

Wanderer
09-04-2016, 11:15 PM
If you're not prepared to love a daughter as much as you would a son... then you probably shouldn't have kids.

Dick
09-04-2016, 11:18 PM
These tests are taking forever... I need that haplo

maybe you just have a mtdna and u got ripped off.

Rethel
09-04-2016, 11:20 PM
maybe you just have a mtdna and u got ripped off.

I am begin to suspect, that some "guys" here have it...

Rethel
09-04-2016, 11:21 PM
If you're not prepared to love a daughter as much as you would a son... then you probably shouldn't have kids.

You have big imagination but... no, sorry, you have feminine imagination. :picard1:

Rethel
09-05-2016, 01:44 PM
A mommy's boy from nowhere... like some deluded guys here... :icon_rolleyes:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=341978&d=1414431847&thumb=1

hedonist
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Nordic + Atlantid + CM results in the most aesthetically pleasing mix

Pufy
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Yes.

Rethel
09-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Poll which is a result of this thread: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/poll.php?pollid=11350&do=showresults

Afshar
09-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Why not

Kriptc06
06-20-2017, 03:16 AM
Hell yeah! I like it, being V13 is being against all odds. hahah!

I dont know my mtdna hg, didnt test for it..