View Poll Results: Welfare: Good or Bad?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

18 60.00%
  • Bad

12 40.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Welfare: good or bad?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    You will not like it
    Hero
    el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,148
    Given: 18,117

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    He always takes cracks at me. It doesn't matter, but it's still weird. He acts like I ran over his dog. I don't get all of the hostility from some people. I truly don't understand it. People attack you out of nowhere, for no apparent reason. It doesn't upset me. I can play the dozens with the best of them. It's just puzzling...and childish. It's beyond immature! It's fascinating from a behavioral standpoint, though. It's a good look into the hidden human psyche. If the hostile people are serious, you wonder what the root of their anger is. You also wonder how many similarly unhinged people are around you on a daily basis. Do people simply wear masks of public decorum and later insult perfect strangers, for no apparent reason, on internet forums? Is it a form of catharsis for them? They're angry at any number of things in their lives, so they lash out at any available target, safe in their anonymity? You know, they don't have to worry about their spouses, children, parents or siblings reading their vitriol. They're probably even viewed as a "nice guy" by many people IRL. I don't take this stuff too seriously, but you DO have to wonder what drives the inexplicable rage and boorishness of some people.
    the worst is when you're using a public toilet, and in the middle of yor business you notice the scribblings on the wall...really, nothing more off-puting than to be reminded some people hate your race as you take a dump. But its also lulzy thinking of someone putting the effort to write that stuff as they take a dump.

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

0 Not allowed!

welfare is normal and welcome but the way it is applied is not ok in many cases. it encourages poor families to make kids for the welfare money (kids they won't be able to sustain later) and welfare system doesn't include a lot of people in need like students far from home, all sort of youth in need... and welfare system has some breaches the immigrants just know and can take advantage of, not always for the good of the society. but it's hard to apply anything the right way nowadays

Banned
    Last Online
    12-19-2016 @ 11:15 AM
    Ethnicity
    man
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Hero
    Dolph Lundgren
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 9

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadaad View Post
    My solution will UPLIFT African Americans and anyone on welfare. Lump sum payment can open so many oppurtinities (3-4 AfrAms pool their lump sum together and open a business for eg) than meager monthly payments + food stamps. It will be cheaper on the godly, honorable white peepol who sacrifice so much and whine so little in the long run too up:
    Just hope they don't spend it all on malt liquor, hoes, cigars, beamer, and a new pair of nike shoes.

Last Online
    11-05-2016 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic And Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Western Europe, Ancient America, Northern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Kelto-Saxon
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Hero
    Mother Theresa
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,327
    Given: 3,452

0 Not allowed!

the worst is when you're using a public toilet, and in the middle of yor business you notice the scribblings on the wall...really, nothing more off-puting than to be reminded some people hate your race as you take a dump. But its also lulzy thinking of someone putting the effort to write that stuff as they take a dump.
    That's why I always go before I leave.

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

1 Not allowed!

I think all disabled people should be eligible for welfare.

My suggested conditions should apply to any able bodied person. Married couples should have some kind of life insurance, otherwise, the state should not subsidize single parents. This will motivate the poor to maintain closer extended familial bonds, which will go A LONG WAY MORE in removing them from generational poverty than relying on the government to act as a replacement husband.
    Let say if a couple married at 20yo by the age of 25 they can have 3 kids. It is rather rare occurence these days but still practically possible. Then father dies for whatever reason (accident, illness, war etc). What kind of insurance they can have at this age? Will it be enough for a single mother to take care of her 3 kids all the way till they grow up? Also if father died at war don't you think the state have an obligation to take care of his kids as reward for his sacrifice? Otherwise what's the point of sacrificing oneself while defending your country if you know your kids will be left to survive basically on their own?

Your notion of extended family is a fair point and I agree to it to some degree. But we have to be realistic and keep in mind that for about last 50-60 years literally every state made everything humanly possible to dismantle such social structure due to it being a strong natural competition to governing structure of state itself. An extended family is fertile ground for development of clan structure with apparent rise in all sorts of shady and outright criminal activities where people will rather commit a crime than give up one of their own. It also gives people tools and experience in creating variety of financial flows no government can control. Sometimes they are so significant their volume can surpass the one of legal economy of the state with very unpleasant consequences for development of the country. So far no government in the world had any significant success in regulating and decriminalizing activities produced by extended families/clans and the only way a rational government sees is to dismantle such structure completely regardless of benefits it brings to society. A government would rather maintain a defective welfare system than allow a successful extended family to take care of its functions.

Todos contra nos Y nos contra todos Empecinado's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 10:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,867
    Given: 4,236

0 Not allowed!

Generally bad, welfare should be directed only to those who really need it and have no other chance. And to encourage birth rate.

A perfect example of a state with a reasonable welfare was http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...European-Union.

Bogdan

0 Not allowed!

Good in some charitable forms, bad and lazy in others.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information