Hero
    itsalex, a former it-boy
    Religion
    Russian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,067
    Given: 1,177

1 Not allowed!

in a recent thread i felt need to post some pics that represent the pontid type. and considering how much confusion exist here i thought it would be good to post that here as well.

from dictionary of anthropology
    PONTID (Synonym: Cherkess type)

The Pontid type is tall and quite gracile, with smooth facial features, and is characterized by a high skull, a narrow forehead, somewhat narrow apertures of the eyes, and a lighter pigmentation compared to the Mediterranid mean.

Bulgarian Pontid
    soft features is key for pontids -- meaning no part of face should be more dominant and particularly striking than other part -- thin lips, small straight nose of medium height so on. pontid have narrow (medium, not too narrow though) forehads that is not much slooped. broad face is opposite of narrower/thinner but ovale-ish (ellipse) pontid face. squarish jaw which is again opposite of less sharpe jaw of actual pontid, other wise pontids wouldnt be kinda ellipse. as side note, pontus greeks of south black sea dont have much pontid type, but greeks of north black sea (around azov) have. in case you mistake the first group because of the name.

also see these morphs, it divides north and south which is not always mentioned in original pontid type which was first described by a russian anthropologist. thats why bloggers confused these north and south thing. these morphs are not most representative either but representative and not bad at all unlike some black and white pictures of coon from lithuanian, polish, czech and moldovian people. (one of them was dinarid, and other was carpathid) at the time of coon too it was more difficult to publish very representative individuals and he had minor mistakes too, especially about regions that he has relatively less scope of information and interest, to put precisely. north one is also referred as nordid/corded-pontid intermediate according to dictionary, i just paste it but what i talk about and pictures i post below are very in line with title of this particualr thread.

also

Понти́йская ра́са — подвид европеоидной расы, распространённый среди населения черноморского побережья. Описана В. В. Бунаком в 1932 году.

Понтийский антропологический тип характеризуется мезокефалией, тёмной или смешанной пигментацией волос и глаз, высоким переносьем, прямой спинкой носа.
    pontid race -- subset of the european race, is common in the population of black sea coast. it was described by viktor bunak in 1932.

characteristics: mesocephaly, dark or mixed pigmentation of hair and eyes, straight nose.

and this is a very very typical pontid (these people today can be found around mediterrenean sea too in addition to black sea which is area of origin, this is why they are fairer than other mediterranean types) -- here are 17 different people who are pontid. sorry if some of them are posted before.

though this man has some non pontid or he looks aggressive only in this picture which give some other vibe

the below one is a little more brachy irl though

thank you))

Banned
    Last Online
    01-29-2020 @ 11:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ubermensch
    Ethnicity
    Coconut
    Country
    Faroes
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Hero
    Chevy Chase
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 14

1 Not allowed!

^^ Legit Pontids.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-05-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    yes
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,171
    Given: 7,123

0 Not allowed!

i have been classified as pontid with some amerind influences (mongoloid) LOL
    All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    in a recent thread i felt need to post some pics that represent the pontid type. and considering how much confusion exist here i thought it would be good to post that here as well.

from dictionary of anthropology

soft features is key for pontids -- meaning no part of face should be more dominant and particularly striking than other part -- thin lips, small straight nose of medium height so on. pontid have narrow (medium, not too narrow though) forehads that is not much slooped. broad face is opposite of narrower/thinner but ovale-ish (ellipse) pontid face. squarish jaw which is again opposite of less sharpe jaw of actual pontid, other wise pontids wouldnt be kinda ellipse. as side note, pontus greeks of south black sea dont have much pontid type, but greeks of north black sea (around azov) have. in case you mistake the first group because of the name.

also see these morphs, it divides north and south which is not always mentioned in original pontid type which was first described by a russian anthropologist. thats why bloggers confused these north and south thing. these morphs are not most representative either but representative and not bad at all unlike some black and white pictures of coon from lithuanian, polish, czech and moldovian people. (one of them was dinarid, and other was carpathid) at the time of coon too it was more difficult to publish very representative individuals and he had minor mistakes too, especially about regions that he has relatively less scope of information and interest, to put precisely. north one is also referred as nordid/corded-pontid intermediate according to dictionary, i just paste it but what i talk about and pictures i post below are very in line with title of this particualr thread.

also

pontid race -- subset of the european race, is common in the population of black sea coast. it was described by viktor bunak in 1932.

characteristics: mesocephaly, dark or mixed pigmentation of hair and eyes, straight nose.

and this is a very very typical pontid (these people today can be found around mediterrenean sea too in addition to black sea which is area of origin, this is why they are fairer than other mediterranean types) -- here are 17 different people who are pontid. sorry if some of them are posted before.

though this man has some non pontid or he looks aggressive only in this picture which give some other vibe

the below one is a little more brachy irl though

thank you))
    Correct. Except for one or two of the women being slightly reduced/alpinised (which you mentioned) these are actual Pontids.
    Better examples than most people's.
    Thanks for including Luiza Grigorova, by the way! I also posted her few pages ago.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Bulgarian volleyballer Lora Kitipova

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Czech model Barbara Temova:

Last Online
    06-03-2020 @ 06:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian+Ukrainian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 31

2 Not allowed!

Lily Gildeeva - example of Tatar Pontid

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

1 Not allowed!

Textbook Pontid

Notice how his upper side of head goes wider from area of eyes to the top, the main trait (amongst others) of Pontids which makes them different than AtlantoMeds/Atlantids.

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread Information