Thread: Classify this North Italian MMA fighter

Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moro Terrone Guancho Pancho
    Ethnicity
    Italian and Venezuelan
    Ancestry
    Father: Sicilian (Bronte, Catania). Mother: Mainly Canarians, Spaniards, some Mixed and 1/64 Jewish
    Country
    Venezuela
    Region
    Sicily
    Y-DNA
    likely J2, e1b1b or R1b
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    EL MARENGUISMO.
    Hero
    Lesní and Jonatan David Marengo.
    Religion
    Gang Penis
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 231

0 Not allowed!

Alpine + Borreby CM. Nothing med about this guy imo.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 03:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Piemonte
    Y-DNA
    I-L801
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 950
    Given: 400

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    To me he does, I watch lot of Italian TV shows recently and saw such faces even among southerners. People would be suprised how diverse Italians are.
    Sth in his expression/smile is very Italian. Eyes too.
    this venetian youtuber has similar vibe i find, can you see it in him as well ?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-05-2021 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    No
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Nunavut
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 55

1 Not allowed!

Italians are very diverse. There are many Italians in DK and their look often surprises me: some look very nordic, others almost middle Eastern.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,522
    Given: 8,746

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoSpitaleri View Post
    Alpine + Borreby CM. Nothing med about this guy imo.
    Alpine, Dinaric and Atlanto/Gracile Med belong all in the "Med" spectrum. All types can be found in Sardinia- most Med Europeans and generally in the wider Med- world. This distinctions only by Cephalic Index/ Nasal Index etc are pretty autistic.

Mesolithic Hunter Gatherers and Neolithic Farmers had more or less a similar Cephalic Index when the latter entered Europe (dolicephalic). Its extremly unrealistic (foolish in fact) to think they looked very similar however only because of this similarity.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Flumina View Post
    this venetian youtuber has similar vibe i find, can you see it in him as well ?

Yep, definitelly!

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    i rather agree with universe- his look is not very common and i was often in Italy (but agree Italy is pretty diverse)

typical light Italian would be someone like this:
    https://www.transfermarkt.at/antonio...spieler/165722
    or this:
    https://www.transfermarkt.at/amato-c...spieler/159902

you can see some similarities with number 2, but still to me they look different enough: Marvin looks too much Pan-Euroepan and Borreby influenced + overall vibe is different as there are some Borreby Italians who might look more typical than him.
    I agree it's not very common look nor typical light Italian look like that. But, if you study closely, he has some very Italian facial/expression details
    for example he don't have typical Borreby thin lips, his eye shape really does have Med influence etc.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    Alpine, Dinaric and Atlanto/Gracile Med belong all in the "Med" spectrum. All types can be found in Sardinia- most Med Europeans and generally in the wider Med- world. This distinctions only by Cephalic Index/ Nasal Index etc are pretty autistic.

Mesolithic Hunter Gatherers and Neolithic Farmers had more or less a similar Cephalic Index when the latter entered Europe (dolicephalic). Its extremly unrealistic (foolish in fact) to think they looked very similar however only because of this similarity.
    I would say Alpine, Dinaric and Atlanto-Med are all in the intermediary spectrum. They peak in intermediary populations like Spaniards(genetically halfway between N. Europeans and South Italians), Central Balkans, France/Alps for Alpine, while Med/Gracile Med/West Med/East Med/etc are the southern most possible looking phenotypes that still peak in geographic Europe. Too many people think Atlantid, North Pontid, Sub-Nordid are the intermediaries, while they peak in yes intermediary, but not halfway intermediary populations, closer to 75-85% northern genetically. Atlanto-Med is probably overrated in Sardinia, although I could be wrong, and S. Italy is more southern genetically anyway. You can find them in Sardinia because you can find every phenotype everywhere(for the most part), albeit at low rates.

The OP definitely has Med, I can see why you could think Norid because of the eyes, but there's key differences in the eyes. Meds have two types of eye shapes, the kind of more squinty "desertified" looking type of eyes ala(although this is supposed to be an Atlanto-Med):

and

or the big, bulgy, bug eyes like Spaniard Jose Primo De Rivera(Anne Hathaway another good example of Med eyes, although her other features are still enough to keep her in Alpinized Atlantid and Atlanto-Med intermediary range, especially the pale skin, but her eyes are pretty much pure Med, such variation in features combined with Hathaway's ancestry makes it so much more ridiculous that some people think they can classify 80%+ of people with one phenotype):

(tbh these should probably be two different Med types but the distinction was never made)

Marvin Vettori doesn't have the latter, but I think his eyes are identical to the former. Very similar eyes to Benito Mussolini(although of course, there's some people on this forum that would classify him as pure CM lol):

The resemblance in the eye shape is uncanny imo:

Thicker lips is also a Med trait, Faelids, Norids and Alpines have thin lips from what I've seen. Also, is he really brachy? Looks more meso, with a thick neck making his head look shorter than it is, but maybe. Definitely flattish occiput.

Either way, you said Borrebies can be both brachy and not brachy before, so I see no reason why the same thing can't be said for Faelids, if he is brachy then adding +Alpine works for me, but the Med definitely has to stay imo. The consensus isn't purely CM(aka Scandinavian, Irish-Scots or Balto-Slavic looking) or a more central type like Alpine+CM, lots of people have said south Euro or atleast somewhat Italian looking so I think there's atleast an argument, but I would concede I'm wrong with the Med if the vast majority didn't see it(unlike some people lol, I think we both know who I'm talking about).
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,522
    Given: 8,746

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    I would say Alpine, Dinaric and Atlanto-Med are all in the intermediary spectrum. They peak in intermediary populations like Spaniards(genetically halfway between N. Europeans and South Italians), Central Balkans, France/Alps for Alpine, while Med/Gracile Med/West Med/East Med/etc are the southern most possible looking phenotypes that still peak in geographic Europe. Too many people think Atlantid, North Pontid, Sub-Nordid are the intermediaries, while they peak in yes intermediary, but not halfway intermediary populations, closer to 75-85% northern genetically. Atlanto-Med is probably overrated in Sardinia, although I could be wrong, and S. Italy is more southern genetically anyway. You can find them in Sardinia because you can find every phenotype everywhere(for the most part), albeit at low rates.

Either way, you said Borrebies can be both brachy and not brachy before, so I see no reason why the same thing can't be said for Faelids, if he is brachy then adding +Alpine works for me, but the Med definitely has to stay imo. The consensus isn't purely CM(aka Scandinavian or Balto-Slavic looking) or a more central type like Alpine+CM, lots of people have said south Euro or atleast somewhat Italian looking so I think there's atleast an argument, but I would concede I'm wrong with the Med if the vast majority didn't see it(unlike some people lol, I think we both know who I'm talking about).
    I agreewith most things said- he is def. brachy however and probably around 84- 85 at least.
    here a person of 84 cephalic index, thats why i m always saying in reality between sub brachy and high- meso is little difference in most cases, every thing lower 75 and higher 85 will be "easier" to judge and ultimatly be more determental of a phenotype
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...index_84.2.png

Regarding Faelid, depends on the definintion you follow, but most are high meso. Dependson indivudal , i agree, maybe some like Jens Lehmann might be over 80 Ci (so sub-brachy), still a Faelid, while someone like Oliver Kahn is most likely dolicephalic.

btw: its rare to see someone get classified as Alpine with neutral eye shape (and i think its rare), ulitmately people jsut go with the more obvious features (how broad faced someone is etc.)

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 03:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Piemonte
    Y-DNA
    I-L801
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 950
    Given: 400

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    The OP definitely has Med, I can see why you could think Norid because of the eyes, but there's key differences in the eyes. Meds have two types of eye shapes, the kind of more squinty "desertified" looking type of eyes ala(although this is supposed to be an Atlanto-Med):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...3lhcwLZwhpijCC

and

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...er_Lexikon.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1C6CG_ik6...iterranean.jpg

or the big, bulgy, bug eyes like Spaniard Jose Primo De Rivera(Anne Hathaway another good example of Med eyes, although her other features are still enough to keep her in Alpinized Atlantid and Atlanto-Med intermediary range, especially the pale skin, but her eyes are pretty much pure Med, such variation in features combined with Hathaway's ancestry makes it so much more ridiculous that some people think they can classify 80%+ of people with one phenotype):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...%281936%29.jpg

(tbh these should probably be two different Med types but the distinction was never made)

Marvin Vettori doesn't have the latter, but I think his eyes are identical to the former. Very similar eyes to Benito Mussolini(although of course, there's some people on this forum that would classify him as pure CM lol):

https://s.france24.com/media/display.../mussolini.jpg

https://news.artnet.com/app/news-upl...5807083854.jpg

The resemblance in the eye shape is uncanny imo:
    You really think Marvin has these eyes ?

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Flumina View Post
    You really think Marvin has these eyes ?

How hard did you look for those? If he makes the same expression, yes.

Benito's are bigger, but the shape is largely the same.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information