Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,246
    Given: 1,444

2 Not allowed!

Lightbulb I have high acute genetic math ability :

Apparently, I probably have high math ability according to genetics :

CC chr 5 rs11743006

A Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies Genetic Variants Associated with Mathematics Ability.

Chen H et al. 2017

A GWAS in Chinese elementary school students was conducted to identify potential genetic variants associated with mathematics ability. Combined meta-analysis of three cohorts (2 discovery + 1 replication) identified four SNPs of SPOCK1 gene showing association with mathematics ability. The SPOCK1 gene is located on chromosome 5q31.2 and encodes a highly conserved glycoprotein testican-1 which was associated with tumor progression and prognosis as well as neurogenesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28155865

I'm going hard with the mathematics now see how I do then possibly I'm going to dedicate my life to math now my niggas ! :

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Apparently, I probably have high math ability according to genetics :

CC chr 5 rs11743006

A Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies Genetic Variants Associated with Mathematics Ability.

Chen H et al. 2017

A GWAS in Chinese elementary school students was conducted to identify potential genetic variants associated with mathematics ability. Combined meta-analysis of three cohorts (2 discovery + 1 replication) identified four SNPs of SPOCK1 gene showing association with mathematics ability. The SPOCK1 gene is located on chromosome 5q31.2 and encodes a highly conserved glycoprotein testican-1 which was associated with tumor progression and prognosis as well as neurogenesis.

rl]

I'm going hard with the mathematics now see how I do then possibly I'm going to dedicate my life to math now my niggas ! :

g]
    It may be a little late to realize it and start hard with maths, but welcome.

Every thread of yours seems to be a desperate attempt to continually show the others that you are intelligent.

So important is for you what others think about you?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

1 Not allowed!

Same

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    Last math class I took in college I got an A- or A+ in it I can't remember exactly. However, it depends on how much free time I have I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo
    Every thread of yours seems to be a desperate attempt to continually show the others that you are intelligent.

I'm not that intelligent. I probably have average reading ability but it can improved by reading more building the neuronal pathways but I seem to be more predisposed towards math/logic. I think you are using hyperbole. I'm not trying to show how 'intelligent' I am. I just happened to find this out about my genetics and I shared it as a knee-jerk response. Anyway, for some reason people tend to associate intelligence more with math/logic ability than with literary reading ability.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    Same

Sweet , awesome, congratulations dude ! I mean it is not a guarantee but it is a good probability that we can excel at math more compared to average people.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

0 Not allowed!

Sweet , awesome, congratulations dude ! I mean it is not a guarantee but it is a good probability that we can excel at math more compared to average people.
    I did...

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,400
    Given: 12,878

0 Not allowed!

Well.....I like math hehe .

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Last math class I took in college I got an A- or A+ in it I can't remember exactly. However, it depends on how much free time I have I would guess.

I'm not that intelligent. I probably have average reading ability but it can improved by reading more building the neuronal pathways but I seem to be more predisposed towards math/logic. I think you are using hyperbole. I'm not trying to show how 'intelligent' I am. I just happened to find this out about my genetics and I shared it as a knee-jerk response. Anyway, for some reason people tend to associate intelligence more with math/logic ability than with literary reading ability.
    Whatever you say.

You have everything you need in your hands, with curiosity, interest and effort, you should be able to learn up to the limit that you propose for yourself (or maybe don´t).

If that academic paper speaks about 4 SNPs that could be related to the ability in mathematics, and recognizes that many other SNPs that are still unknown, could surely influence also that ability (maybe even canceling the effect of any of those 4 initially related), and you have solely one of those 4 SNPs, and title the thread as "I have high acute genetic math ability" seems to me quite "unrealistic"a title of this thread.

No, having those 4 SNPs doesn't make you especially gifted at being a great mathematician, in the same way that having the right SNPs for good eyesight doesn't make you a great picture painter.

And remember that the "maths" used in that study to find that conclusion are statistics to a large degree. And using statistics it is very easy to fall into the typical causal fallacy of "cum hoc ergo propter hoc".

In any case, if you are going to take the subject seriously, I especially recommend number theory, there could be nothing more beautiful in maths.

Getting into that branch of math is better than a good LSD trip.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb

Whatever you say.

You have everything you need in your hands, with curiosity, interest and effort, you should be able to learn up to the limit that you propose for yourself (or maybe don´t).

If that academic paper speaks about 4 SNPs that could be related to the ability in mathematics, and recognizes that many other SNPs that are still unknown, could surely influence also that ability (maybe even canceling the effect of any of those 4 initially related), and you have solely one of those 4 SNPs, and title the thread as "I have high acute genetic math ability" seems to me quite "unrealistic"a title of this thread.

The thread title is a bit of hyperbole but I clarified it in the subject matter.

No, having those 4 SNPs doesn't make you especially gifted at being a great mathematician, in the same way that having the right SNPs for good eyesight doesn't make you a great picture painter.
    Mathematicians know two things that everyone else doesn't : the driving force behind mathematics is 'beauty' and that all mathematics can be derived from a few fundamental axioms. Engineers and scientists wrongly assume that learning mathematics is like learning a large book full of algorithms or rules etc... and no mathematics is more like sculpture than painting :

“Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty—a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.”--Bertrand Russell

And remember that the "maths" used in that study to find that conclusion are statistics to a large degree. And using statistics it is very easy to fall into the typical causal fallacy of "cum hoc ergo propter hoc".
    I see no evidence of p-hacking :

https://bitesizebio.com/31497/guilty-p-hacking/

I'm also well aware that it used statistics that is why I used the qualifier 'probably' in my original first post in this thread.

In any case, if you are going to take the subject seriously, I especially recommend number theory, there could be nothing more beautiful in maths.
    Yep, you seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to maths. Number theory is like the zen garden of maths. You know Gauss called number theory “the queen of mathematics,” the purest of the pure subjects, the sealed garden at the center of the convent, where you contemplate the same questions about numbers and equations that troubled the Greeks and have gotten hardly less vexing in the twenty-five hundred years since.

Dude, I know a lot more about math than I let on I'm just saying I'm thinking of focusing more on it than I have been. Anyway, it is good to see you know more about math than the average person

Getting into that branch of math is better than a good LSD trip.
    I outgrew LSD I have not done it in at least 20 years or more.

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,401
    Given: 2,646

1 Not allowed!

He behaves like a 13 year old boy trying to impress his classmates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information