No.
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default Advice to go on a Diet

I do not want to annoy you with this topic, this is only an actual question for advice.

What kind of a diet and how is it possible for someone who has NO support from the surrounding people? That is, always with relatives who cook something with much fat and say "Eat, eat!"?? If to say to go on a diet is a bad thing? How can I do this in a healthy way?

I do know that, I am one of the more full figured women here on this forum, and it is clear that this is not a bad thing at all, but don't feel healthy now. Also, I will be returning to study and live abroad in the West where there is a different perspective about attractiveness, and as I weight almost 64 kg that is 140 lb I realize that this is too much. It is because I am still young, and right now I think this makes me appear older than my age. There are a lot of larger women in my family, except for the most part it is because they have given birth to many children. There also has been a problem with heart disease that I want to avoid.

So do you have for me health advice? Either something I should or should not be eating, or what to say to the people who tell me to eat something that I should not.

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

As far as "dieting" goes, as far as I know it's not suggested in the sense of cutting back a while to lose however much weight. The point is changing your lifestyle permanently to get rid of the weight and keep it off through more watchful choices and reasonable portions and so forth. You can have bad stuff, just keep it minimal. Eat more low calorie things like vegetables, fish, salad, etc.

Anglicised Continental Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    France, Romania, Austria, Poland.
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordid + Pontid
    Politics
    Conservative-leaning moderate.
    Religion
    Earth-based spiritualist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

You and I weigh about the same, Groz! I love being voluptuous, but I keep myself healthy by exercising regularly and eating well.

I recommend that you keep a food diary. Write down everything that you eat. It will give you perspective by showing you how much you actually consume.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” -Tyrion Lannister, A Game Of Thrones

Matthias Corvinus
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno Ugric
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Szekler, Germans
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Hero
    Matthias Corvinus, Hungaria Kapitany, Franz Joseph
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,248
    Given: 1,489

0 Not allowed!

I would recommend you to do exercise.
    A work out three times
    a week helps a lot to
    burn a lot of calories and is much more sustainable than a diet.

Do some running for approx. an hour or at least fast walking
    and train your abdominal muscles with sit ups, push ups etc.
    It will burn calories and strenghten your shape.
    As you are a woman that is enough. If you would be male I would recommend you
    to focus more on the upper body with additional weight training.

Concerning food, try to cut back the carbohydrates.
    Avoid chocolate and other sweets and try to eat more vegetables and fruit and proteins.
    Prodigies appear in the oddest of places

Magnificent bastard Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-08-2014 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, French, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Ubermensch
    Ancestry
    Germany Austria France Croatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Mixed
    Politics
    Freedom.......
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Groznenka View Post
    I do not want to annoy you with this topic, this is only an actual question for advice.

What kind of a diet and how is it possible for someone who has NO support from the surrounding people? That is, always with relatives who cook something with much fat and say "Eat, eat!"?? If to say to go on a diet is a bad thing? How can I do this in a healthy way?

I do know that, I am one of the more full figured women here on this forum, and it is clear that this is not a bad thing at all, but don't feel healthy now. Also, I will be returning to study and live abroad in the West where there is a different perspective about attractiveness, and as I weight almost 64 kg that is 140 lb I realize that this is too much. It is because I am still young, and right now I think this makes me appear older than my age. There are a lot of larger women in my family, except for the most part it is because they have given birth to many children. There also has been a problem with heart disease that I want to avoid.

So do you have for me health advice? Either something I should or should not be eating, or what to say to the people who tell me to eat something that I should not.
    Don't eat after 6, I am the leanest member of my family and I swear by this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2012 @ 05:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celt-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Ancestry
    Irish
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Northern Territory
    Taxonomy
    Anglo-Saxon
    Politics
    Communitarian Anarchist
    Religion
    Nihilist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Ah, well. First, you don't actually need other people in order to lose weight. I'm not being pedantic. What you need is an ideal of what you want to transform yourself into. Don't think thin, think fit. Think strong, think fast. Cut down on carbohydrates - bread, rice, pasta. Carbohydrates break down into sugars which will help your energy levels, but if you don't use it, it'll turn into fat, which is harder to break down. Eat plenty of vegetables, broccoli in particular is great. Eat meat regularly. Steak is good, chicken is better. Protein helps build muscle and speeds the recovery of whatever exercise you do, and the more muscle you've got on your frame, the better your body will be able to consume energy, which is what helps you lose weight. Don't hesitate to take vitamin and mineral supplements

What you want is to cut down on your carbs and increase your protein. Protein helps you feel full, so you don't eat as often. That said, don't skip meals. When you consistently skip meals, your metabolism slows down so your body can store up what energy it does take in. It works for polar bears, but they get pretty fat before hibernation. Eat fruit between meals to stimulate your metabolism.

This won't work without exercise - which is what the diet is designed to help. Interval training is great for weight loss. Sprint for a minute or two, then walk, then sprint, then walk. Your body alternating between high bursts of energy and then trying to recover will do a lot more for your cardiovascular fitness than just going for a really long moderate paced jog. Cycling is great too, as is swimming.

Weight training helps a bit, you don't have to freak out about turning into something resembling a condom full of walnuts. As I said earlier, muscle burns energy by virtue of its very existence (so long as you maintain the muscle - it will atrophy if you don't use it over time) so you've got nothing to lose by lifting weights, doing pushups, squats, situps, pull-ups. It will take a hell of a lot of dedicated weight training to turn you into something resembling a Chinese swimmer:

so I wouldn't freak out at the idea unless you lose the plot and want to turn into a human tank

I understand you're Muslim, so I won't recommend you do what I do and have bacon, but if you can stomach the idea, animal fat helps boost your testosterone levels a bit, which will help in building muscle. Just eat whatever fat is on your steak.

During all this, do not forget to drink plenty of water. 3-4 litres per day is good. If you're not properly hydrated, you'll run a higher chance of copping a lactic-acid build-up, which really, really hurts and actually breaks down your muscles and can hamper your training (remember - think positive, you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to get fitter, faster and stronger). Asides from hydrating, learn various stretches that will work the muscle groups you use.

Contrary to popular perception, stretching before a workout is not good for you, but do a decent warm up before you go nuts. A short jog to help pump the blood works, then do some range of movement exercises (swing your arms in circles if you're going to do pushups, stand on the spot and alternat lifting your knees towards your chest and jog on your spot while getting your heels to tap your butt, if you're going to do running).

The faster and stronger you get, the better your immune system will be, the better your body will be at flushing out toxins, and you'll have a much lower chance at getting heart disease.

I hope that helped, best of luck to you

P.S. Curvy women are great, and 64kg is not fat. But I do support your mission to get fit

Last Online
    04-19-2013 @ 04:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kavkasion
    Ethnicity
    Chechen
    Ancestry
    Maternal Finnic/Baltic, Paternal- Vainakh(Noxcho) Grozny/Shatoi/Vedeno
    Country
    Chechnya
    Taxonomy
    Mtebid
    Politics
    No.
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Ah, well. First, you don't actually need other people in order to lose weight. I'm not being pedantic. What you need is an ideal of what you want to transform yourself into. Don't think thin, think fit. Think strong, think fast. Cut down on carbohydrates - bread, rice, pasta. Carbohydrates break down into sugars which will help your energy levels, but if you don't use it, it'll turn into fat, which is harder to break down. Eat plenty of vegetables, broccoli in particular is great. Eat meat regularly. Steak is good, chicken is better. Protein helps build muscle and speeds the recovery of whatever exercise you do, and the more muscle you've got on your frame, the better your body will be able to consume energy, which is what helps you lose weight. Don't hesitate to take vitamin and mineral supplements

What you want is to cut down on your carbs and increase your protein. Protein helps you feel full, so you don't eat as often. That said, don't skip meals. When you consistently skip meals, your metabolism slows down so your body can store up what energy it does take in. It works for polar bears, but they get pretty fat before hibernation. Eat fruit between meals to stimulate your metabolism.

This won't work without exercise - which is what the diet is designed to help. Interval training is great for weight loss. Sprint for a minute or two, then walk, then sprint, then walk. Your body alternating between high bursts of energy and then trying to recover will do a lot more for your cardiovascular fitness than just going for a really long moderate paced jog. Cycling is great too, as is swimming.

Weight training helps a bit, you don't have to freak out about turning into something resembling a condom full of walnuts. As I said earlier, muscle burns energy by virtue of its very existence (so long as you maintain the muscle - it will atrophy if you don't use it over time) so you've got nothing to lose by lifting weights, doing pushups, squats, situps, pull-ups. It will take a hell of a lot of dedicated weight training to turn you into something resembling a Chinese swimmer:

so I wouldn't freak out at the idea unless you lose the plot and want to turn into a human tank

I understand you're Muslim, so I won't recommend you do what I do and have bacon, but if you can stomach the idea, animal fat helps boost your testosterone levels a bit, which will help in building muscle. Just eat whatever fat is on your steak.

During all this, do not forget to drink plenty of water. 3-4 litres per day is good. If you're not properly hydrated, you'll run a higher chance of copping a lactic-acid build-up, which really, really hurts and actually breaks down your muscles and can hamper your training (remember - think positive, you're not trying to lose weight, you're trying to get fitter, faster and stronger). Asides from hydrating, learn various stretches that will work the muscle groups you use.

Contrary to popular perception, stretching before a workout is not good for you, but do a decent warm up before you go nuts. A short jog to help pump the blood works, then do some range of movement exercises (swing your arms in circles if you're going to do pushups, stand on the spot and alternat lifting your knees towards your chest and jog on your spot while getting your heels to tap your butt, if you're going to do running).

The faster and stronger you get, the better your immune system will be, the better your body will be at flushing out toxins, and you'll have a much lower chance at getting heart disease.

I hope that helped, best of luck to you

P.S. Curvy women are great, and 64kg is not fat. But I do support your mission to get fit
    This is all great advice, thank you. I do actually exercise enough (except I think I should have more of my weight to be of muslcle instead of fat) my problem is that I eat too much I think. Most food it is very heavy, with a lot of carbohydrates, and butter. I also eat chocolate, almost every day. I am addicted((

I know men think that curvy women are great, but I did not used to be as curvy like this( I feel like I look to old, like I should be long married.

Don't eat after 6, I am the leanest member of my family and I swear by this.
    Yes this is a very popular diet. i can't do this with my family though, we all eat together and we eat later.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2012 @ 05:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celt-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Ancestry
    Irish
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Northern Territory
    Taxonomy
    Anglo-Saxon
    Politics
    Communitarian Anarchist
    Religion
    Nihilist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

This is all great advice, thank you. I do actually exercise enough (except I think I should have more of my weight to be of muslcle instead of fat) my problem is that I eat too much I think. Most food it is very heavy, with a lot of carbohydrates, and butter. I also eat chocolate, almost every day. I am addicted((

I know men think that curvy women are great, but I did not used to be as curvy like this( I feel like I look to old, like I should be long married.
    Cutting down on carbs can be hard. I've been eating pasta like an Italian since I was five years old so I know what you mean Chocolate isn't as bad as you think - try dark chocolate instead. I think it tastes better. Butter is better than margarine, it's not as heavily processed. If you're really enthusiastic, there's always Crossfit

[YOUTUBE]tzD9BkXGJ1M[/YOUTUBE]

Last Online
    04-16-2021 @ 05:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Transethnic
    Ancestry
    Southeastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 594

0 Not allowed!

I'm 165((
    Your BMI is still in the normal range. I think that if you lose around 5 kg you should be fine. Also some people carry their weight well (unlike me) which may be the case for you

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Doggerlander
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,164

0 Not allowed!

Stop eating carbs after 12 pm. Do interval cardio 2-3 times a week 20 mins a day. Don't have the mindset that you need others to determine or support your lifestyle. It's really easy to keep that way once you get into the habit.

People who diet often starve themselves etc drastically or they will run 5 hours in one day thinking they will lose excess weight quickly. It doesn't have to be that extreme. If you stick with healthy habits you can lose weight without it being punishment.

And get this, if you eat excessively clean and healthy 6 times a week you can take a "cheat day" and eat whatever you want. It's super easy to stay fit if you get in the right mind set and make it a habit rather than some kind of punishment.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information