Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by esäimä View Post
    Could pass as Estonian? I think (nearly) all Latvians could pass as Estonian without problems and vice versa.
    Estonians and Livonians can pass as Estonians, I agree. Latvians may be linguistically and culturally different from us, but when we go way back in history, most of them spoke Finnic languages. They are genetically very similar to us and even look very Northern-European, because of their Finnic heritage.

Although the Latvian stereotypes about Estonians being very blonde, makes sense. As Latvians have more Indo-European heritage than Estonians, thus they're slightly darker.

Maybe it is more correct to say "she is the most Estonian-like"?
    Yes, she is the most Estonian like.

esaima

0 Not allowed!

They are genetically very similar to us and even look very Northern-European, because of their Finnic heritage.
    Mh, maybe we have some Baltic heritage?Only a fool or the one who has never seen any Estonian and Latvian can claim differently.Maybe we are simply Finnic speaking Balts?
    Although the Latvian stereotypes about Estonians being very blonde, makes sense. As Latvians have more Indo-European heritage than Estonians, thus they're slightly darker.
    LOL.The local UP-survivors were very blond but the Finno-Ugrians from Urals weren´t the blondest people of the world. No, I don´t think that they were dark Eskimos but I think blondness is a localt trait of Baltic sea area and has no (direct) connections with Finnic/Finno-Ugric languages.
    They UP survivors probably didn´t spoke Finnic.They spoke a language which was non-Uralic, non-Indo-European.
    We, Estonians, are simply a mix(of different components)-like most of Europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Mh, maybe we have some Baltic heritage?Only a fool or the one who has never seen any Estonian and Latvian can claim differently.Maybe we are simply Finnic speaking Balts?
    Maybe you are a troll?

LOL.The local UP-survivors were very blond but the Finno-Ugrians from Urals weren´t the blondest people of the world. No, I don´t think that they were dark Eskimos but I think blondness is a localt trait of Baltic sea area and has no (direct) connections with Finnic/Finno-Ugric languages.
    They UP survivors probably didn´t spoke Finnic.They spoke a language which was non-Uralic, non-Indo-European.
    We, Estonians, are simply a mix(of different components)-like most of Europeans.
    Both the blondest people in the world and the most redheaded people in the world, are Finno-Ugrics. It's not hard to draw parallels.

esaima

0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Karl;276622]
    Both the blondest people in the world and the most redheaded people in the world, are Finno-Ugrics. It's not hard to draw parallels.
    Kalevi Wiik?
    Some say that all Finnic people have some slight Mongoloid component!It is not hard to notice it.I can admit it, this fact doesn´t reduce my feeling towards my ancestors.It is not a cold adaption as you always say, I rather think it is simply Easterness.Maybe Estonians are the most western among Finno-Ugrians, but even in Estonia, wel there are East-Baltids.
    Last edited by esaima; 10-04-2010 at 08:35 PM.

esaima

0 Not allowed!

And now, Estonians, let´s try to stop adulterating this thread.This thread is about Latvia.I like Latvians because they are similar to my countrymen.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

And now, Estonians, let´s try to stop adulterating this thread.This thread is about Latvia.I like Latvians because they are similar to my countrymen.
    That's right, let's get back on track. I don't think a split is necessary, but yeah, the topic is Latvia.

[YOUTUBE]_sH2XN7JiHo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7DKyB6GSTtM[/YOUTUBE]

esaima

0 Not allowed!

In fact nearly whole Latvian coast is a 500 km long sandy beach.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Kalevi Wiik?
    Some say that all Finnic people have some slight Mongoloid component!It is not hard to notice it.I can admit it, this fact doesn´t reduce my feeling towards my ancestors.It is not a cold adaption as you always say, I rather think it is simply Easterness.Maybe Estonians are the most western among Finno-Ugrians, but even in Estonia, wel there are East-Baltids.
    Finno-Ugrians living near the Urals have a Mongoloid component, because they live next to Turkics/Siberians/Tatars etc.

And now, Estonians, let´s try to stop adulterating this thread.This thread is about Latvia. I like Latvians because they are similar to my countrymen.
    If you wouldn't troll me in every possible thread, then there would be less off-topic threads. I do not know what sick pleasure you get out of this.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Houses in the Latvian countryside.

Around Vidzeme.

Also around Vidzeme.

Some of the gentlemen of the Latvian Land Forces (Sauszemes Spēki)

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    10-03-2013 @ 08:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric and Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Country
    Latvia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    [CENTER]
    Houses in the Latvian countryside.
    Well, those definately aren't in countryside. They are in Riga's suburban region (the ones in picture very likely are from Baltezers), and have appeared in last 15 years. And owners of those houses are wealthy people.

Here are more typical and traditional houses from Latvian countryside:

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information