Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: humanphenotypes.net (former www.humanphenotypes.com)

Last Online
    07-31-2015 @ 01:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Chatti German
    Ancestry
    Hessen, Germany Prussia Bavaria
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Faelid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 5

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    If you put "East Med" for Greece then I would put it for Sicily too, but if you put "Pontid" for Greece and not East Med, then Pontid would not be present in Sicily, it's a Balkan type. If that makes sense.

Just make sure at least with Sicily put Alpine, Armenoid, and Dinaro-Med.

I can send you several photos if you would like.

Iberia is getting Arabid and South Med? If so those would probably be focused in the south. Which types do you plan to give to Sicily and Greece?
    Pontid is strong in Eastern and Southern Greece according to Lundman's maps.
    It received a slavic bias in this forum, but Lundman had it mainly from East Romania over most of Greece and West Turkey.
    In low frequencies it even extends to Bavaria and Baltic states. I saw
    Italians of this type, too. Where I live, there are many Italians. But in Italy it is of course less frequent than in Balkan.

Sicily is still has many Gracile Med / Western Med, but with Pontid, Dinaro Med and other influences that you mentioned.
    Why is that? Well the height length index (that main distinguishing feature between West and East Med)
    is 74-78 in Greece, Balkan and West Asia. But in Sciliy it is only 72-74, almost as small as in Northern Iberia, where it is 70-72.
    Dinaro Med in Biasutti's system was the Padana type, a Med subtype. It is similar to Dinarid,
    but more gracile in facial traits and in stature and with narrower noses.
    As you might suspect by the name he gave, it's storngest in Northern Italy, but still present in the South.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,710
    Given: 5,851

1 Not allowed!

If you need any help finding Keltic Nordid people to use, just ask. Likewise with anyone who knows well, with their types.

It's good, that you have dropped New Worlders.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-12-2018 @ 08:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Romance
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    French, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Michigan
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic facade
    Politics
    Environmentalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,680
    Given: 2,053

0 Not allowed!

So there will only be Atlanto-Med and North Atlantid for France(along side with other phenotypes ofc), now that you're removing the Altantid?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Sicily is still has many Gracile Med / Western Med, but with Pontid, Dinaro Med and other influences that you mentioned.
    Why is that? Well the height length index (that main distinguishing feature between West and East Med)
    is 74-78 in Greece, Balkan and West Asia. But in Sciliy it is only 72-74, almost as small as in Northern Iberia, where it is 70-72.
    The fact that we argued about this the first time is the reason I was happy your site went down the first time, and am not happy it is returning.

I am going by eyes, nose, etc. features like that in which there is a pointy/convex element to the Sicilian face, combined with round and downward slanted (Armenoid-influenced) eyes that is absent amongst Iberians. I am both Sicilian and Portuguese, but I can only pass as one of the two. A common Sicilian face is something like this man;

Northern Iberians, mind you, have heavy Atlantid (whether you want to call them North Atlantid or Atlanto-Med) influences that are also almost absent in Sicilians. I strongly urge you to not lump the two together but if you do, at least be sure to give due note to the Armenoid element that differentiates them and the Alpine, Dinaric, etc. that are absent in Iberians. But both will have some South Med influence, I believe, which is testament to their relationship to North Africans.

If what you're saying is the height length index is a good indicator, then as you can see, the Sicilians fall somewhere between the Balkans and Iberians and are at the upper end of one, and lower end of the other. Maybe they should be either given special consideration or just left off the maps altogether. I will be pissed if you do not do it justice.

I've seen very few Sicilians that are straight up "West Med" types, and I'd argue there isn't any in my family. Not to mention, genetically it'd be irrational to make that claim.
    Last edited by Sikeliot; 10-05-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    If you need any help finding Keltic Nordid people to use, just ask. Likewise with anyone who knows well, with their types.
    As if that will work. I sent him pictures and am trying to give him the information that is scientifically supported by genetic data and he is helplessly clinging to archaic texts that completely disregard that.

Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 06:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Breton, Gallaecian, small amounts of Gascon and Norman plus a tiny bit of Finnish.
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Gallaecia (Galiza and N. Portugal).
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Brittany
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-L21*)
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,614
    Given: 4,516

1 Not allowed!

@ Sikeliot & Graham

The guy is posting codswallop. Clearly a racially insecure character throwing out dust-bin material.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropologique View Post
    @ Sikeliot & Graham

The guy is posting codswallop. Clearly a racially insecure character throwing out dust-bin material.
    What is bothering me is he is ignoring genetic data, ignoring what multiple people of Iberian descent and myself have said (I could write a whole fucking book on Sicilian anthropological types for literally each province on the island, with the genetic data to back it up).. I do not give a fuck what someone wrote about it 100 years ago when I can see with my own eyes what my people look like and I can easily access the genetic data or look at myself in the mirror to see it.

I mean, I have to argue tooth and nail to get him to put East Med in Sicily but he is going to put Arabid in Iberia? Give me a fucking break. I seriously hope people see through this BS and dismiss it like the garbage it is.

Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 06:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Breton, Gallaecian, small amounts of Gascon and Norman plus a tiny bit of Finnish.
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Gallaecia (Galiza and N. Portugal).
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Brittany
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-L21*)
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,614
    Given: 4,516

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    What is bothering me is he is ignoring genetic data, ignoring what multiple people of Iberian descent and myself have said (I could write a whole fucking book on Sicilian anthropological types for literally each province on the island, with the genetic data to back it up).. I do not give a fuck what someone wrote about it 100 years ago when I can see with my own eyes what my people look like and I can easily access the genetic data or look at myself in the mirror to see it.

I mean, I have to argue tooth and nail to get him to put East Med in Sicily but he is going to put Arabid in Iberia? Give me a fucking break. I seriously hope people see through this BS and dismiss it like the garbage it is.
    Delusional people in denial habitually display a strong propensity to ignore the obvious (if it's disturbing in a fundamental way). Hey, I do cognition work and I've seen this type of behaviour regularly in sociopaths. This place is a great social psychology and abnormal psychology laboratory.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,710
    Given: 5,851

2 Not allowed!

It's fine. "A camel is a horse designed by committee"

His website, don't see the point in being a critic.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    His website, don't see the point in being a critic.
    You want people to believe and trust inaccurate/outdated/scientifically void information about your people? Fine, you can do that, but don't expect me to sit by and watch.

Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread Information