Page 7 of 155 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: No, southern Europeans have no reason to want to be northern Europeans.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,114
    Given: 10,158

2 Not allowed!

I can count the amount of active North European members on this forum on two hands with fingers to spare. I don’t see them attacking Southern Europeans. Just another thread fighting against the mythical Nordicist northerner whom in reality doesn’t exist.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,672
    Given: 37,442

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    I can count the amount of active North European members on this forum on two hands with fingers to spare. I don’t see them attacking Southern Europeans. Just another thread fighting against the mythical Nordicist northerner whom in reality doesn’t exist.
    Ask that to James Bond007, Centurion, Creoda and Oliver109, among few others.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up

6 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Ask that to James Bond007, Centurion, Creoda and Oliver109, among few others.
    Oliver is half Spanish, Jamesbond and Creoda are new worlders. Centurion is French, aka culturally med. How many Dutch British Irish Scandanavian German members of these ethnicities born and living in these countries are posting on TA attacking Southern Europeans? Fact is this forum is 90% south euro/balkan/turk/Latam at this point, with people from these ethnicities attacking each other and trying to prove each other as more “northern” than each other. But as always the blame is thrown at the non existent northern European armarda.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Northern Europeans ofc don’t hate Southern Europeans, never heard anyone in my life who’s said they do. But by all means continue the circle jerk lads.

Alexandro

4 Not allowed!

Well, these sorts of conversations always burn my ass because just because I happen to live in a country that is geographically in Southern Europe that does not make me feel the need to defend this region, or attack other peoples who are supposed to be my ""enemies"". I take pride in my own accomplishments, not what people who also happened to be Spaniards or Meds did. My nationality and ethnicity is something I happened to be born as and had no say in, so I would never attack someone on solely the basis of their nationality, and when anyone does this to me I treat them like the fucking mental five year old they are.

For me, these divisions are not important either way, I am simply a Spaniard. Yes, perhaps sometimes it is useful to use Northern, Western, Eastern, Southern as a geographic marker in certain contexts, but this is not a deeper thing for me or even a part of my identity. Also, not to mention that such a concept as "Southern Europe" is flawed, because there is a noticeable west-east divide within our countries: South-Western (Portugal & Spain), South-Central (Italy) and South-Eastern (Greece + maybe Balkans/former Yugoslavia). I might feel some affinity with a Portuguese or Italian, yes, but not with a Bosnian or Croat.
    Last edited by Alexandro; 05-11-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimão + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,077
    Given: 6,670

0 Not allowed!

I think that northern euros in the more recent modern age (from Greek-- to Roman times, and to now) have fabricated a eurocentric look standard. The look includes pale features, mostly blonde, blue-eyed, but also many others that are blatant of what anthropologists for years started seeing as clear euro ancestry (brunettes, brown eyes included). So when someone like me, or some others come out as native of southern Europe, even some out of other fringes of Europe (although much rarer), we are seen by some more racially-obsessed people as odd, "exotic", and they may even get a bit disgusted by it. Does nazism have to do with it? Definitely. But I think this actually goes back much farther deep, down into the Roman times, with Italian peninsula having pale germanic kings, and then into medieval times with Spanish, and Portuguese kings being of germanic stock, not to say some natives had these "pure" () features but that it was obviously more of a rarity. So... the popular idea of high nobility and power connecting to these lighter people are attached making southern euro look up to these features as desired. My theory at least... and I know even growing up so many girls flocked for blue eyed guys... "OMG BLUE EYES SO HOT", "OMG BLONDE HAIR I LOVE IT", during my early years as a kid, so fucking cringe, but it kind of ensued a bit of inferiority. I often generalized these people to mean everyone, but I did indeed find it unfair that I would be looked over bc I was dark, and had dark eyes and hair, and some lighter boys got way more attention. Fucking stupid, so I think humans are inherently biased and a lot have these "sorta" racist preferences, it's like they like only nords, at least what I thought at a young age bc of what I observed all the time. Maybe this is why so many people seek paler partners in hopes to pale-ify their family-tree bc they believe they will be more well-respected, and seen as more attractive. Nonetheless, especially now... I would never want to be a nordic-looking person, I much prefer having the ability to tan, and to have the features popular within the Mediterranean world, of which we see in classical tall, dark, handsome beauty. Unfortunately, I am too dark, too short, and too uncommon feature wise to fit this description as it's usually reserved for the physiology of (pseudoscience) types that depict atlanto-meds, dinaro-meds, atlantids who tan very well but still look white. And ofc no standard is more beautiful than the next... bc they are both beautiful in their own ways, and ofc we all have our own preferences, and are entitled to that.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    Well, these sorts of conversations always burn my ass because just because I happen to live in a country that is geographically in Southern Europe does not make me feel the need to defend this region, or attack other peoples who are supposed to be my ""enemies"". I take pride in my own accomplishments, not what people who also happened to be Spaniards or Meds did. My nationality and ethnicity is something I happened to be born as and had no say in, so I would never attack someone on solely the basis of their nationality, and when anyone does this to me I treat them like the fucking mental five year old they are.

For me, these divisions are not important either way, I am simply a Spaniard. Yes, perhaps sometimes it is useful to use Northern, Western, Eastern, Southern as a geographic marker in certain contexts, but this is not a deeper thing for me or even a part of my identity. Also, not to mention that such a concept as "Southern Europe" is flawed, because there is a noticeable west-east divide within our countries: South-Western (Portugal & Spain), South-Central (Italy) and South-Eastern (Greece + maybe Balkans/former Yugoslavia). I might feel some affinity with a Portuguese or Italian, yes, but not with a Bosnian or Croat.
    Agreed, and from the other side, I've noticed in this thread and elsewhere that "North European" seems to mean broadly anything from Ireland and Britain to Russia on what planet do UK/IE share anything with Russia? These divisions just exist to make broad characterizations about different regions, as a mean of funneling hate and unnecessary division. If there is any "division" its more of an east vs west one frankly, not that I particularly care.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 29

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wehrmacht View Post
    Finland & Sweden > Spain & Italy in all regards

No need to tell why
    except in health and life expectancy

oops, Also in infrastructures Spain is ahead

YOU ===>

Last Online
    01-31-2024 @ 09:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Cretan Greek
    Ancestry
    Kallikratis and Monemvasia
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    J2a M-241 (Cretan subclade)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 295

0 Not allowed!

The virgin Faelid northerner vs the Chad Balkan Dinarid

Banned
    Last Online
    02-25-2022 @ 08:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 14

1 Not allowed!

All from Mexico over Spain Greece Turkey Iran India China etc you have short, stummy, black haired WOGs. There's no difference. That's why a tall blonde, slender European is superior. It's because he's RARE. If you go in any of those countries a blonde man is associated with wealth and women fall to his knees.

Where is STEARS to defend

Page 7 of 155 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information