Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ethnically speaking are northern Ukranians paler than the southern French?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-26-2024 @ 08:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ΓΡΑΙΚΥΛΟΣ
    Ethnicity
    ''ΝΑΙ ΣΕ ΟΛΑ''
    Ancestry
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,043
    Given: 26,801

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    There is no need to fantasize.
    Attachment 129952

source: Alekseev V.P., Istoriceskaja antropologija i etnogenez, 1989

source: Coon C. S., Racial adaptations, 1982

source: Biasutti R., Le razze e i popoli della terra, vol. I, 1967

source: Lundman B., Geographische Anthropologie, 1967

source: Martin R., Saller K., Lehrbuch der Anthropologie, IV, 1962

source: Wanke A., Mały Słownik Antropologiczny, wyd. I, 1969,
    this yellow undertone he's referring to, I've noticed it among south slavs and greeks, but not among poles. maybe he saw some mixed guys.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,854
    Given: 990

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    this yellow undertone he's referring to, I've noticed it among south slavs and greeks, but not among poles. maybe he saw some mixed guys.
    This fool watches tourists sunbathing on the French Riviera. This is anthropology straight from the ass.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-26-2024 @ 08:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ΓΡΑΙΚΥΛΟΣ
    Ethnicity
    ''ΝΑΙ ΣΕ ΟΛΑ''
    Ancestry
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,043
    Given: 26,801

0 Not allowed!

is there any difference in pigmentation between east and west poles and south poles? I mostly saw Poles from the big cities + Gdinye, something like that.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    is there any difference in pigmentation between east and west poles and south poles? I mostly saw Poles from the big cities + Gdinye, something like that.

School statistics show that there is no big difference between Pomerania and Silesia. Data from a parallel study indicate that Galicia may be darker, especially the eastern- Ukrainian part. These are data from before the population migration and extermination of the Jewish population. AFAIK the large-scale post-war census did not include skin tone.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,104
    Given: 2,014

0 Not allowed!

School statistics show that there is no big difference between Pomerania and Silesia. Data from a parallel study indicate that Galicia may be darker, especially the eastern- Ukrainian part. These are data from before the population migration and extermination of the Jewish population. AFAIK the large-scale post-war census did not include skin tone.
    Inclusion of Jews would not darken the distribution of skin color in the case of Galicia. Majer and Kopernicki found the Galitzianer Jews no darker skinned than ethnic Poles or Ruthenians/Ukrainians in the region. With the additional exception of Romania Ashkenazi Jews were otherwise found darker skinned compared to their host populations. It is thus likely that Galician Poles really are to some extent darker skinned than other Poles. Towards the Western Ukraine more Balkan like pigmentation and complexions may become more common.

This is from the 1877 report by Majer and Kopernicki:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Wg...z%20we&f=false

If Galician Poles approached Romanians in skin pigmentation, it is no longer necessarily so surprising that samples of Poles and Portuguese could compare in skin reflectance like with the 2012 GWAS study. Romanians are probably not lighter complexioned than Portuguese.
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 05-13-2024 at 09:51 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,683
    Given: 5,849

2 Not allowed!

I really like ignorant people. I understand that you professionally check the color of the skin under someone's armpit.
    Why are you mad?

Your take and my take on it or anybody else, are as relevant as 1967 maps indeed, since then we got very reliable and precise tools to measure that.
    However i ve been around Poles most of my life until a few years ago, in school and eslewhere, since there is about 1 million of you in France. I didn't wait the invention of Derma spectrometers to notice Poles don't really have light skins and show different undertones, it has always been very obvious in school, about as much as it's the case with Iberians and Italians.

You have slighter darker skins than Portugueses, but not Italians by a tiny bit, as well as having more light hair/eyes of course so you can breath, and it's not an insult. Maybe Ukrainians are lighter skin, who knows, these things may or may not go as we imagine, but i would never bet my arm on that since i ve seen enough of them now to get an idea.

Skin pigmentation histogram (A) and boxplot by country of sampling and sex (B) in 469 individuals showing the normality of the phenotype distribution and the differences between sexes and among countries. Males (M) have consistently lighter pigmentation (lower scored) than females (F) in all four countries. Among countries, the largest pigmentation difference is with Ireland, where, in our sample, individuals have lighter pigmentation or lower M index on average than in Poland, Italy, or Portugal.
    Skin and hair pigmentation were measured as the melanin (M) index by reflectance spectroscopy using the DermaSpectrometer (Cortex Technologies, Denmark). The M index is defined as 100×log10 (1/proportion red reflectance at 655nm) [18]. For skin pigmentation, three M index measurements were made on the medial aspect of each upper arm. These six measurements were averaged for each participant. The inner upper arm was chosen as a site of sampling to avoid as much as possible confounding by variable sun exposure and variability in tanning ability.
    Im sure it would be outrageous too to say males have lighter skins than females.

It's how this forum works anyway, baby rages everywhere when you challenge worldviews with hard datas. There are a lot of fantasies floating around.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    Why are you mad?

Your take and my take on it or anybody else, are as relevant as 1967 maps indeed, since then we got very reliable and precise tools to measure that.
    However i ve been around Poles most of my life until a few years ago, in school and eslewhere, since there is about 1 million of you in France. I didn't wait the invention of Derma spectrometers to notice Poles don't really have light skins and show different undertones, it has always been very obvious in school, about as much as it's the case with Iberians and Italians.

You have slighter darker skins than Portugueses, but not Italians by a tiny bit, as well as having more light hair/eyes of course so you can breath, and it's not an insult. Maybe Ukrainians are lighter skin, who knows, these things may or may not go as we imagine, but i would never bet my arm on that since i ve seen enough of them now to get an idea.

Im sure it would be outrageous too to say males have lighter skins than females.

It's how this forum works anyway, baby rages everywhere when you challenge worldviews with hard datas. There are a lot of fantasies floating around.

I trust anthropological sources more. There is no certainty that the study on 70 people is representative of the population. Were they tested in summer or winter? Were exposed or covered parts of the body examined? This method in no way reflects the difference in eye and hair pigmentation between Porto, Rome and Northern Europe.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post

It's even funny that you criticize anthropological data from 1967. This was probably the last moment when Marseille resembled anything remotely like Europe.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Myths versus contemporary anthropological reality

Southern France

contemporary

Zakopane the most Southern Poland

Last Online
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bangla
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

There is no need to fantasize.
    Attachment 129952

The first map is a map from reddit and honestly it's not accurate for South Asia. The Von Luschan scale is fine but there is not even a source mentioned. It's not congruent with Renato Biasutti's research and his maps which paint a different picture altogether. The map is also not congruent with the other research maps posted. I wonder if an Indian made that map.

Here's another one from Biasutti
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rBaKAO.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	129957

Though the rest of your comment is about other stuff so carry on. Do you know where I can get more of those maps
    Last edited by Ketchup; 05-14-2024 at 02:20 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information