English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,558
    Given: 5,929

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I can believe that she is fully Irish. I know some Irish with those type of looks. Some to them have a kind of pseudo-Asian look. She's very pretty. She has quite dark looking skin but I don't know if that is due to the lighting.

However I do find there a far more exotic types in other European populations than the Irish. You could focus on the English as you live there.
    Thanks Grace, I don't wanna post many dark English as there are too many foreigners here, even 50 years ago there were Jews, Italians etc living here though I do occasionally post darker English sometimes.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,680
    Given: 29,173

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Thanks Grace, I don't wanna post many dark English as there are too many foreigners here, even 50 years ago there were Jews, Italians etc living here though I do occasionally post darker English sometimes.
    Well you can't be sure that the one you claim are Irish are fully Irish? There are darker people in all populations but some of the ones you post you have no way of knowing their background and Ireland now has a lot of immigrants. There are plenty of Irish now with some immigrant background so I don't see why that should stop you posting English or another nationality. There are immigrants everywhere in Ireland now and even in places like Donegal but there are definitely Irish that are atypical and fully Irish but some of the ones you have posted do look like they have some foreign ancestry as well. If someone looks different than the average it could be also that they have some foreign ancestry. Ireland now have 22% of the population not born in Ireland.

I don't mind posting exotic Irish if I know for sure they are Irish but posting especially pictures of schools would not suggest that all students are Irish by any stretch.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well you can't be sure that the one you claim are Irish are fully Irish? There are darker people in all populations but some of the ones you post you have no way of knowing their background and Ireland now has a lot of immigrants. There are plenty of Irish now with some immigrant background so I don't see why that should stop you posting English or another nationality. There are immigrants everywhere in Ireland now and even in places like Donegal but there are definitely Irish that are atypical and fully Irish but some of the ones you have posted do look like they have some foreign ancestry as well. If someone looks different than the average it could be also that they have some foreign ancestry. Ireland now have 22% of the population not born in Ireland.

I don't mind posting exotic Irish if I know for sure they are Irish but posting especially pictures of schools would not suggest that all students are Irish by any stretch.
    Well if someone has a name like ahem Grace O'Malley they are likely fully Irish as when they were born in Ireland there were far less immigrants living there, Ireland didn't until the last 2 decades really have more foreigners moving in while England especially has seen considerable migration since the 19th century with Jews etc coming over and even Anglo Indians and Italians setting up cafes and restaurants all over the country.

Last Online
    06-02-2024 @ 08:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Aragonese
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Valencia
    Y-DNA
    I
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 222

0 Not allowed!

I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but were you born in Ireland and immigrated to Australia or were it your parents/grandparents who immigrated?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well if someone has a name like ahem Grace O'Malley they are likely fully Irish as when they were born in Ireland there were far less immigrants living there, Ireland didn't until the last 2 decades really have more foreigners moving in while England especially has seen considerable migration since the 19th century with Jews etc coming over and even Anglo Indians and Italians setting up cafes and restaurants all over the country.
    There is no guarantee that someone with a very Irish sounding name is fully Irish anymore. I know a half Thai half Irish girl who has a very Irish first name and surname. You are just using excuses.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Valenman View Post
    I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but were you born in Ireland and immigrated to Australia or were it your parents/grandparents who immigrated?
    I was born in Ireland but went to Australia as a child but went back and forth a few times with family so feel connected to both countries. Irish is my ethnicity so as far as genetics and what people look like more Irish related as Australian is not a ethnicity and people can be from anywhere so I was always interested in the genetics of the Irish and what that involved. When I first got interested in genetics I was actually surprised to learn that the Irish cluster with the English due to the Irish being this apparently Celtic population and the English Anglo-Saxons. I know a lot about the genetics now.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is no guarantee that someone with a very Irish sounding name is fully Irish anymore. I know a half Thai half Irish girl who has a very Irish first name and surname. You are just using excuses.
    Of course there are Thais etc but they make up a small amount of people in Ireland so i doubt most of the dark Irish with Irish names i post are half Thai or Japanese etc.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Of course there are Thais etc but they make up a small amount of people in Ireland so i doubt most of the dark Irish with Irish names i post are half Thai or Japanese etc.
    Well you posted some man with the first name of Florian which I'm positive would mean they were not fully Irish. He looked Romanian but you were posting him as fully Irish because he had an Irish surname. My point is that you can still post darker English people. They all aren't foreign. There are plenty of them for you to post if you wanted to.

I just feel you are trying to other the Irish or exoticize them.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well you posted some man with the first name of Florian which I'm positive would mean they were not fully Irish. He looked Romanian but you were posting him as fully Irish because he had an Irish surname. My point is that you can still post darker English people. They all aren't foreign. There are plenty of them for you to post if you wanted to.

I just feel you are trying to other the Irish or exoticize them.
    I think the man was in his 30s so the chance of him having Romanian heritage is really small as most Romanians moved to Ireland only 15 years ago.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

She is Australian but I was just giving her as an example of someone with a very Irish name that was half Thai. I knew in Ireland 2 girls whose mother was a French Egyptian and an Irish father who also have very Irish names. It's not that uncommon as you make it to be and will be a lot more common these days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information