Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,736
    Given: 4,688

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepa View Post
    Saying every shale is i2a in deqan and pej is actually retarded. on Albanian dna project there are shale there with R1b. I2a shaljan are minority, if more shale would test we would see most of them would be r1b. Theres only one i2a sample from that village it doesn’t mean every shale from there is i2a this is the case with other tribes and areas like Kelmend which are ev13 but there are a few minority haplos like R1b. isa is very likely to be r1b and even if he was i2a he identified as albanian and spoke albanian.
    I never said all Shalas are I2a. I know original Shalas are R1b. There is a strong indication Isa Boletini was I2a, and that his paternal ancestor was Serbian convert to Islam who joined to fis Shala. Isa Boletini was Albanian because he had Albanian identity. Even if he was I2a, autosomally was for sure closer to Albanians than to Serbs.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Lusën (Lumë), Northeastern Albania
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018
    Taxonomy
    Dinarized Atlanto-Med with Paleo-Atlantid influence (Guy in my picture Prek Cali)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    I never said all Shalas are I2a. I know original Shalas are R1b. There is a strong indication Isa Boletini was I2a, and that his paternal ancestor was Serbian convert to Islam who joined to fis Shala. Isa Boletini was Albanian because he had Albanian identity. Even if he was I2a, autosomally was for sure closer to Albanians than to Serbs.
    “It's possible, all that Shalas around Dečani and Peć are I2-Y3120 branches, one of them is I2-PH908” no there isnt strong indication you say that because his ancestor had Slavic names (which means nothing) and that one i2a result in the village his ancestors migrated from which doesnt account for all shala there.
    Last edited by Pepa; 05-16-2024 at 11:33 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    1/2 Sumadija, 1/2 SE Serbia
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    E-Y20805
    mtDNA
    H5m
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,427
    Given: 706

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepa View Post
    “It's possible, all that Shalas around Dečani and Peć are I2-Y3120 branches, one of them is I2-PH908” no there isnt strong indication you say that because his ancestor had Slavic names (which means nothing) and that one i2a result in the village his ancestors migrated from which doesnt account for all shala there.
    Varda has ground. If we examine my autosomal matches heatmap we can see elevated number of matches in Peć - Đakovica area, which means some mixing and conversions did happened there (i believe it was bidirectional conversion). On top of that, Lauka thinks 10 - 15% present day Kosovars are of Serbian / Slavic origin.
    I have couple of present-day Albanians from Istinic as matches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information