Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by epirot View Post
    Some one has to tell the truth. Being positive about athens is like being polite to the cancer and not to the patient. You see?

Athens should be dropped from capital of Greece. Maybe Crete or Thesaloniki would be a more suitable capital.

This snake-pit named Athens is just too .... poor (in culture).
    I whine about the problems in Athens about 100 times a day. Yes it is an exhausting city, it is dirty, polluted, large, congested, etc.

But in the end of the day it is my city and I have every right to judge it. It has offered me a lot of opportunities and despite all its shortcomings, it still has shitloads of things to do for a person with diverse interests.

I mean, in what other Balkan capital can you learn Sanskrit, practice Shinkendo, dance Swing, find a group that does Horseback Archery, see concerts every day, go to thousands of bars and galleries, have antiquity at your feet, watch the Sunday mass at the Scandinavian church, have cinemas especially dedicated to Art films and so on and so forth?

At the end of the day I will tolerate no foreigner giving me shit about Athens. If you are a miserable human being who can't make the most of their experience here, then Athens is clearly not the city for you. Move to some other place, please.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

unfortunately i live there (zwgrafou) and work in glyfada. Athens is the worse capital of balkans.

As far as people being polite, give me a break. The yelling and screaming (malaka, pout***a, aei s***sou) that we hear in athens streets is just unbelievable ...

a bunch of savages. Athens suck. royally.
    Well, it must have happen for a reason. I have never been called nasty names, and whenever wanted any help, never got a nasty attitude either.

If you are polite, people are polite back.

Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 69

0 Not allowed!

Why do I feel that the forum has an extremely large number of trolls around? Is it me, am I getting paranoid again?

Finnish nationalist
    Last Online
    02-21-2018 @ 07:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Ancestry
    Häme
    Country
    Finland
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Is epirot a Greek, if not, why he is bashing Greeks. In this economical situation we all europeans suffer. Down down we go with a smile. Oh my god.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,717
    Given: 5,851

0 Not allowed!

There's a lot of graffiti, noticed. Suppose this is what happens when money is restricted..

Banned
    Last Online
    10-20-2017 @ 04:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 812
    Given: 1,341

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    Well, it must have happen for a reason. I have never been called nasty names, and whenever wanted any help, never got a nasty attitude either.

If you are polite, people are polite back.
    In general, totally agree here. Its just takes an enormous amount of initial energy to be able to be kind to savages.
    BTW, you don't drive much in athens "lekanopedio" now, do you?
    For a starter, how many times have drivers stopped in zebra crossings for you to cross the street? How many times have you tried to stop as a driver?

Lets be real, the indifference and lack of any social attitude in athens is just disappointing.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

In general, totally agree here. Its just takes an enormous amount of initial energy to be able to be kind to savages
    BTW, you don't drive much in athens "lekanopedio" now, do you?
    For a starter, how many times have drivers stopped in zebra crossings for you to cross the street? How many times have you tried to stop as a driver?
    I have lived/live and worked/work in downtown of Athens. Very much central, actually.
    Yes, none of them stops, but I am aware of it so I m carefull. After all is a general Greek attitude, it doesn't happen only in Athens.
    I don't drive

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    I whine about the problems in Athens about 100 times a day. Yes it is an exhausting city, it is dirty, polluted, large, congested, etc.

But in the end of the day it is my city and I have every right to judge it. It has offered me a lot of opportunities and despite all its shortcomings, it still has shitloads of things to do for a person with diverse interests.

I mean, in what other Balkan capital can you learn Sanskrit, practice Shinkendo, dance Swing, find a group that does Horseback Archery, see concerts every day, go to thousands of bars and galleries, have antiquity at your feet, watch the Sunday mass at the Scandinavian church, have cinemas especially dedicated to Art films and so on and so forth?

At the end of the day I will tolerate no foreigner giving me shit about Athens. If you are a miserable human being who can't make the most of their experience here, then Athens is clearly not the city for you. Move to some other place, please.
    Many comments i have to make here sister.
    a) if you watch closely you will see that the things you like in athens are not truly "athenian", not even greek
    b) its not a matter of what i like or not. I don't whine because Athens is not even close to Sofia or Beograd, but because this culture-less stinky rude town is the capital of Greece. You can't lead a whole country with capitals like that.
    When was it the last time that a new technology/measure/style/habit was conceived/applied/created in athens? What young athenians do is try to copy the western capitals (and be lousy at this) sweated and last ....

To return your question : In which Balkan capital you CANNOT find this:

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Like I said, I am very well aware of Athenian problems. I am the person that whines and curses every day. I hate its shortcomings as well, and very frequently feel as if I am living in a thirld world city.

Take today for example: a little rain and the whole city goes bust. This city is built up in such a disorderly and random manner that its infrastructure fails with the slightest mishap.

Alright. But then again you want to look at the positive things as well, and Athens has LOTS of them. Like I said, many cultural activities. Many things to do and see. Many opportunities for people who like to learn stuff. Many places to have fun at.

Yes, majority of residents are idiots. But if you create your own circle of friends and you built your everyday reality around your interests, you can have a good life. You can enjoy the positive aspects. You can do things you are not able to do in neat, tidy and clean cities.

Or you can isolate yourself, boil in your stew, curse the day you came to live here and constantly be like this:

Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Slav
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    Like I said, I am very well aware of Athenian problems. I am the person that whines and curses every day. I hate its shortcomings as well, and very frequently feel as if I am living in a thirld world city.

Take today for example: a little rain and the whole city goes bust. This city is built up in such a disorderly and random manner that its infrastructure fails with the slightest mishap.

Alright. But then again you want to look at the positive things as well, and Athens has LOTS of them. Like I said, many cultural activities. Many things to do and see. Many opportunities for people who like to learn stuff. Many places to have fun at.

Yes, majority of residents are idiots. But if you create your own circle of friends and you built your everyday reality around your interests, you can have a good life. You can enjoy the positive aspects. You can do things you are not able to do in neat, tidy and clean cities.

Or you can isolate yourself, boil in your stew, curse the day you came to live here and constantly be like this:

Spoiler!
    true. I agree.
    Nice to see young greeks like that. I wish there could be a majority which would create a massive cultural movement, or to be more precise, the conditions for culture and spirit to grow. But the state.country must be part of it. Must endorse it. Spirit/culture must be considered a nessecity and not a mere luxury.

<hidding_in_my_shelter_mode>
    I wish we could do this convo in Greek language. It is a beautiful language, very strong. Stronger than us, really
    </hidding_in_my_shelter_mode>

take care!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information