Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

0 Not allowed!

How the heck can an Albanian- and I mean no disrespect to the great and esteemed material and spiritual culture of the Ghegs- can discuss about Great Power experiments ? Albanian as an ethnos has spent the entirety of its recorded history as an extension of every swinging dick who crossed the Dinaric Alps with an army. It’s a moot point. Chameria is Greek now. As East Prussia is Polish, Hokkaido is Nippon, Hong Kong is Chinese, Issan is Thailand. Get over it.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios View Post
    How the heck can an Albanian- and I mean no disrespect to the great and esteemed material and spiritual culture of the Ghegs- can discuss about Great Power experiments ? Albanian as an ethnos has spent the entirety of its recorded history as an extension of every swinging dick who crossed the Dinaric Alps with an army. It’s a moot point. Chameria is Greek now. As East Prussia is Polish, Hokkaido is Nippon, Hong Kong is Chinese, Issan is Thailand. Get over it.
    Discussion has evolved from Chameria, everyone knows the issue is done with. This paramilitary is symbolic, to point out that it exists. Chameria issue ended the same way the northern Epirus issue ended, a little bit of cleansing and sweep the rest under the rug.

You act like Greeks have been the one independent tribe of people lol. Ever since the Roman Empire you've been a part of one group or the other. When it comes to the modern nation states, the Albanian is the only one out of the group I mentioned that could realistically achieve independence without foreign support, as long as the Great Powers would have been neutral.

Enlightened Cypriot Macedonian Thanas Django's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Cypriot
    Country
    Cyprus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,829
    Given: 2,653

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    That was during the first balkan war. League of Prizren was before that.

Once Albanians got fucked over by all sides the first balkan war was just waiting around the corner to finish the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Prizren Monteniggers got beat -> Most of Epirus was in control -> Map was pretty https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ki_vilajet.png -> Ottomans and Great Powers insisted on it not remaining that way and that is why the next few decades were of Ottomans slaughtering Albanian elites while Great Powers boosted the neighbors. Had Albanians gotten the same support as everyone of our neighbors you probably wouldn't exist in your current identity.

"In July 1878, the 60 member board of the League of Prizren, led by Abdyl Bey Frashëri, sent a letter to the Great Powers at the Congress of Berlin, asking for the settling of Albanian issues resulting from the Turkish War.[28] The memorandum was ignored by the congress, which recognised the competing claims of Serbia and Bulgaria to territories surrendered by the Ottoman Empire over those of the Albanians."
    It will take me a good hour to read and understand the Wikipedia page you linked me to. I'll look into it tonight.

Having said that, please don't run around on the pretense that playing the Great Powers game is somewhat "immoral". If anything, the history of that period reads like the Albanians had the chance to choose their own cards from the deck and they still went for the same old cards they played with when the Ottomans first showed up, but this time it did not work like last time.

and I still don't understand your anger.
    Being Greek is an experienced grounded into nation, not consumption.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanas Django View Post
    It will take me a good hour to read and understand the Wikipedia page you linked me to. I'll look into it tonight.

Having said that, please don't run around on the pretense that playing the Great Powers game is somewhat "immoral". If anything, the history of that period reads like the Albanians had the chance to choose their own cards from the deck and they still went for the same old cards they played with when the Ottomans first showed up, but this time it did not work like last time.
    Albanians didn't have much of an option. A muslim majority and backwards population, automatically excluded from western great powers at the time, which also had conflicts with Ottomans. Didn't help that a large part of the population wanted to stay with the Ottomans for the geopolitical comfort.

The original point was just for the idiot that wanted to imply Albanians always hid behind Germans as if that's been our whole history while the neighbors have been independent and stronK. I don't give a shit other than that, I just got triggered.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Cypriot
    Country
    Cyprus
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    the Albanian is the only one out of the group I mentioned that could realistically achieve independence without foreign support, as long as the Great Powers would have been neutral.
    Yes, but that's just because your nation leveraged it's position with the Turks by going full Mohammed and enjoying all the privileges that came wiht it.

Chelsea Clinton is currently living a much more privileged life than both of us combined as we speak, but I don't think that brat is "better" than us in any way, she was just a child of better circumstances.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Cypriot
    Country
    Cyprus
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

double post

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanas Django View Post
    Yes, but that's just because your nation leveraged it's position with the Turks by going full Mohammed and enjoying all the privileges that came wiht it.

Chelsea Clinton is currently living a much more privileged life than both of us combined as we speak, but I don't think that brat is "better" than us in any way, she was just a child of better circumstances.
    Greeks were also privileged in the Ottoman empire, probably more so than Albanians. The Christian = Greek and Muslim = Turk policy alone helped Greek cultural and "ethnic" expansion. Albanians expanded simply because lawlesness suited them. I find more Albanian revolts against Ottomans than I find Greek. It was the same reason Albanians expanded far into Greece before the Ottomans.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Greece
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albani...Ottoman_Empire
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...olving_Albania

Either way, League of Prizren was not related to that. It was a response to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expuls...7%E2%80%931878 after https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-...%E2%80%931878).
    League of Prizren started with attacking Ottomans due to them wanting to give areas to Montenegro as the other Great Powers wanted.

Simply put, my original point can't be refuted. Albanians are the only ones in the group with Montenegrins, Serbs, Greeks, Macedonians/Bulgarians, that could achieve independence without Great Power intervention in favor, if it hadn't been for Great Power intervention against.

There's a good propaganda poster that sums up all of you south balkan rat neighbors. Immortalized poster.

Now go jerk off to Arvanites like the rest of TA Greeks, the sweat from Albanian balls is what makes the modern glory of our neighbors. Serbs jerk off to highlander clans of Montenegro and how close they were to Skanderburg, and Greeks to Arvanites. Neither even slightly related to Albanians in any way, of course. -> Full triggering process initiated

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Colin Kapernick with some words of encouragement for the UCC:

Banned
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 04:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    True Metal
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z2103
    mtDNA
    W6
    Politics
    Classical Liberal
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 786
    Given: 795

1 Not allowed!

Expat/migrant ultra-patriots are so boring, same shit different poster ad nauseum.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dosas View Post
    Expat/migrant ultra-patriots are so boring, same shit different poster ad nauseum.
    Diaspora life gives a lot of free time to waste in the most tragic of ways.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information