Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Vikings the reason why Scandinavians are so good-looking (on average)

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ancestry
    Eastern Moravian & Western Slovak
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Taxonomy
    Neo-Danubian
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,400
    Given: 461

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    I didn't say they were ugly.
    They are usually not ugly, but not everyone can be as pretty as meds. ��
    Don't take anything on the internet too seriously. Look: 🐓🚗. The chicken is bigger than the car. None of this is real. And people who have arguments on the internet are losers.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,546
    Given: 44,050

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalslavic View Post
    Sorry, but this idea you apprently share with Sikeliot and Odelia that Meds are the best-looking I find questionable.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Taxonomy
    Neo-Danubian
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Sorry, but this idea you apprently share with Sikeliot and Odelia that Meds are the best-looking I find questionable.
    I just think they're neat. I find them the most beautiful. I also don't really understand how a man can be gay or how somebody can think blonde Scandinavians are the prettiest people on earth, but I don't doubt the legitimacy of people who say that they are gay or think blonde Scandinavians are the prettiest. Lol
    Don't take anything on the internet too seriously. Look: 🐓🚗. The chicken is bigger than the car. None of this is real. And people who have arguments on the internet are losers.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,383
    Given: 22,253

0 Not allowed!

"Beauty comes from within"

"Amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas"

"Dimidium facti, qui coepit, habet: sapere aude, incipe."

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Taxonomy
    Neo-Danubian
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    "Beauty comes from within"
    We can go down that route and I can say even in this regard, Mediterranean Europeans with the exception of Italians have always treated me nicer than Northern Europeans have. Lol

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I just think they're neat. I find them the most beautiful. I also don't really understand how a man can be gay or how somebody can think blonde Scandinavians are the prettiest people on earth, but I don't doubt the legitimacy of people who say that they are gay or think blonde Scandinavians are the prettiest. Lol
    Of course everybody has their own tastes. The thing is I tend to go for 'extremes': both very blond White guys and very dark-skinned guys (principally West Africans and some South Asians). By contrast, IMHO Meds often have an ambiguous look to them - not quite White but not entirely another race either, if that makes sense.

N.B. By that I mean most MENAs and only some Southern Europeans. The majority of Southern Europeans do look clearly White (regardless of hair and eye colour etc) precisely because they have other elements in their genepool/ethnogenesis.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    West Slavic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Taxonomy
    Neo-Danubian
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Of course everybody has their own tastes. The thing is I tend to go for 'extremes': both very blond White guys and very dark-skinned guys (principally West Africans and some South Asians). By contrast, IMHO Meds often have an ambiguous look to them - not quite White but not entirely another race either, if that makes sense.

N.B. By that I mean most MENAs and only some Southern Europeans. The majority of Southern Europeans do look clearly White (regardless of hair and eye colour etc) precisely because they have other elements in their genepool/ethnogenesis.
    I think you're one of the only people I've ever met that thinks South Asians are good looking. I've always liked the ambiguity of Meds, I don't know why. My husband is Scandinavian and Celtic but Atlantid and rather dark, and a lot of girls dated him specifically because they thought he looked Lebanese or something (he does not to a trained eye but he does if you think dark brown hair and a tan makes someone look Lebanese) - so I know I'm not alone with liking ambiguous men. Even though I was raised in a family that really stressed the importance of light features or whatever.

I'm gonna be the bad guy here and say that I sometimes can't tell the difference between a Mediterranean European and like a Levantine Arab or North African, although I do believe most Mediterranean Europeans are genetically quite different from MENAs that look similar to them. Although I'm not TA genetics expert.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,419
    Given: 17,029

2 Not allowed!

My interactions with Scandinavians have always been positive, nothing to complain about, polite people. Scandinavians are above average when it comes to their awareness of what they eat, the importance of exercise and how they groom or present themselves and there are statistics to back it up. It's not just about their features. I like some aspects regarding the minimalist and clean philosophy of life there. You only have to watch any walkthrough video in Sweden or any other Scandinavian nation to realize that it's hard to find a so-called "British chav" type on their streets (at least among ethnic Scandinavians), most seem to have an inherent sense of style and good taste and few are out of shape.

That said, I believe that you can find good-looking people anywhere, regardless of country or origin.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    NW German
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Tronder (G25)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 875
    Given: 704

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Personally I'd agree on that they are in average more good looking than many other people but it doesn't change the fact that this is a subjective thing. I wouldn't make a big topic of my taste.
    Yes, I also think they look good, but not because of the shallow reason of hair and eye colours.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think you're one of the only people I've ever met that thinks South Asians are good looking. I've always liked the ambiguity of Meds, I don't know why. My husband is Scandinavian and Celtic but Atlantid and rather dark, and a lot of girls dated him specifically because they thought he looked Lebanese or something (he does not to a trained eye but he does if you think dark brown hair and a tan makes someone look Lebanese) - so I know I'm not alone with liking ambiguous men. Even though I was raised in a family that really stressed the importance of light features or whatever.

I'm gonna be the bad guy here and say that I sometimes can't tell the difference between a Mediterranean European and like a Levantine Arab or North African, although I do believe most Mediterranean Europeans are genetically quite different from MENAs that look similar to them. Although I'm not TA genetics expert.
    I actually agree that the majority of South Asians aren't that good-looking at all, hence why I said some. The thing is at least some of this may have to do with diet and grooming rather than anything more 'innate'; therefore, that is why - at least IMHO - the admittedly cherrypicked types you find in abundance in e.g. Bollywood and bodybuilding/beauty contests are often strikingly attractive.

And you are right that there is some overlap in appearance between all the groups along the Meditteranean Sea - whether European, Middle Eastern or North African. What's more, I don't rule out all Mediterranean/MENA/Latin etc. men - far from it.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information