2DREZQ

A Rant about Fools- The Bad Day Blues

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(I love debating things with people who have the background and interest to hold my attention. That's one reason I decided to hang our here for a while.
Sad to say, some people don't know what they don't know. Be thankful if you aren't related to anybody like that.)

I find myself surrounded by morons. Everything they say is infantile and foolish, but my mind is so mired in the bog that I can't elucidate why they are all so stupid, or what it is that they are wrong about. I know the answers, but it is taking so much of me to keep the black fog at bay that I cannot marshall my thoughts well enough to refute the foolishness. Thus, the foolishness wins by default.
I despise the grinning face of the fool who thinks he has won just because I don't have the energy to slap him down. "I have neither the time, nor the inclination"* to provide the necessary education to the fool so he has enough background to realize how stupid he really is.

Grobianism, that's what it is.

Here's the thing: The fool has invested his time in poker, billiards, shmoozing and boozing at the local bar. I have invested my time in becoming educated in those subjects that interest me. The fool has a wide TV with surround sound and never turns off ESPN (he can quote the stats on every dump ever taken by every player in the NFL). I have a personal library of over 1400 books. The fool should own stock in Miller Brewing. I should own stock in Amazon.com.
Why is it, then, that the fool thinks his opinion on geopolitics, economics, or anything else I've studied is as valid as mine? If the word 'moron' was harder to pronounce, he couldn't describe his own education.

Economics is the application of scarce resources that have alternative uses. My time is as finite a resource as I can think of. So, after the fool has invested his time at Fat Al's Bar & Grill while I was learning, I'm supposed to invest more of my irreplacable time to summarize what I've learned and educate the dolt against his will and prejudices?
Fat, bloody-damn chance!

*Jack Nicholson- A Few Good Men

Submit "A Rant about Fools- The Bad Day Blues" to Digg Submit "A Rant about Fools- The Bad Day Blues" to del.icio.us Submit "A Rant about Fools- The Bad Day Blues" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Rant about Fools- The Bad Day Blues" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments