Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories

We shall train the body because it is all that most people understand; we shall train the mind because virtually no one understands it.

1. Wrong Turns

by , 04-13-2009 at 04:31 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    I would save you the pain of thinking too awfully hard of the theory of altruism: nothing is ever quite just given for no reason other than ‘inherent rightness’. I cackle uncontrollably while saying those words.

We all have an irresistible pull towards something. I am not exempt. You are not exempt. And here, listen close: no one, and yet everyone is responsible for their actions. This is not a very pretty fact; but it is a fact. And yet… wrong turns, if I may, can still be made.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Machiavellian Psyche

by , 04-13-2009 at 01:02 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    "...A lull came. A subtle hush in the dynamic. The undulations of my ire grew to the precipice of rage – which I knew he had the power to snap into fury. He seemed calmer than ever. The why’s and where’s of his clam were imponderable – and frightening. But why would I be frightened? What was ‘fright’ to me at this juncture? As fright is a foreign notion to me now, it was not then…Indeed, it, and my own choler seemed much the same thing, in no way exclusive of one another. And there 'the People' ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. On Noble Asceticism

by , 03-24-2009 at 02:18 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    On my first day of Gerechtigkeit Penance, I learned how lazy I was, and how I had released myself to all things "easy."

On my second day of Gerechtigkeit Penance, I learned of that which is possible, for myself.

On my third day of Gerechtigkeit Penance, I learned I was capable.

On my third day of Gerechtigkeit Penance, I knew something greater than what I desired.

On my fourth day of Gerechtigkeit Penance,

Updated 03-24-2009 at 02:23 PM by SuuT

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. On Random Significance...

by , 03-21-2009 at 09:31 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    ...To what, to whom, do I owe my capacity for suffering? To what, and to whom, do any of us - the Order of the 'Other'? For that is what, indeed, we are: 'we' fit no mould; 'we' understand no Absolute; and - what is more - 'we' find a vainglorious ring to the sound of the trumpets of "modernity"... what have we to do with the modern? - as recognisers of the Retrogression of the type 'Man'?

We owe no umbrage, nor do we owe a genuflection to what is occurring during the times

Updated 03-22-2009 at 04:56 AM by Aemma (a spelling oopsie in the title :))

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Price of Our Instrument

by , 02-24-2009 at 12:11 PM (Diary of a Madman: Aphorisms, Maxims and Allegories)
    We suffer, and openly engage in the suffering, of potentialities. We further find that to do so evokes an awareness of that which is necrotic in our willed , and willing essence; which is to say, that which subsumes the ignoble characteristcs that our respective Lines have infused. Whilst the 'operation' is a delicate proceedure, to be sure, we find ourselves with very little concern of that which is delicate. Almost as if the best within us, being the best, commands, "Tear it out! - so what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast