Utterly Jaded

Calculations of German and German Swiss blood

Rate this Entry
On the Maggert/Maggard side, 1/64 Bernese Swiss and German through Samuel, the son of John Maggard and Elizabeth Eppert.
The German Coasters are more complicated than the Pennsylvanian folks.1/256 Pomeranian and Wuerttemberger through Jean Baptiste Darensbourg plus the cousins marrying cousins through Marie Rome, daughter of Johann Rommel and Marguerite Steiger, both with parents born in Baden and the Rommel grandfather born in Baden and the other grandparents born in the Zurich canton of Switzerland.That would be about another 1/64, which would jack it up to 1/32 on my grandmother's side of the family, on both the Cornett and Pecot sides. On the McDonald side of the family, Katherine Peavyhouse was my great grandfather's great grandmother.She was half German..Georg Bevighaus migrated from western Germany to Pennsylvania.So, that's 1/128.So, my mother's South German and Swiss German blood comes from my grandmother's side of the family and she gets her Rhinelander blood from her father's side of the family.1/16 from her mother and 1/64 from her father.That explains a lot.

Submit "Calculations of German and German Swiss blood" to Digg Submit "Calculations of German and German Swiss blood" to del.icio.us Submit "Calculations of German and German Swiss blood" to StumbleUpon Submit "Calculations of German and German Swiss blood" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments